Team Finland | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Team Finland

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I don't understand. They're sending Milania Väänänen of all people to Ostrava? She finished dead last at junior nationals last season, 20th out of 20. And Finland's junior nationals aren't tough at all. You don't even need a 2A or any triples to place significantly higher. Well okay, maybe you sort of need a 2A, still...

On a positive note, Sofia Sula at Lombardia senior category will be fun.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
They have some kind of camps, I think they make selections based on success of those camps. Just a quess.

Viveca is going to take part in Finland GP, was on her own instagram. And Fanny Lindfors, who will compete at some junior competitions, is Viveca´s ans Monica´s little sister.

Last edited:

Tingeling

Rinkside
First time seeing Milania Väänänen at JGP Ostrava, this kid is good! I guess at nationals she must've had a complete meltdown, or she improved a ton (probably a combination of both). She's teeny tiny and jumps aren't quite there yet, but good basics and fantastic spins. I enjoyed her performance more than the Finnish junior ladies we've seen earlier this season.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Today is seleccion competition 1/2 for nationals in singles. I checked the starting list. Anni Järvenpää is back in ladies.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Törn Partanen have split, it was in some article. Emmi not in gala? Only one skater/discipline from arranging country or did she hurt her angle so bad she could not perform?

The Finn

Record Breaker
It was news to me that Liuba efimenko will be skating for NED with Dmitry Epstein. As some might recall Liuba tried to skate for Poland a few years ago but that didn't work out but now things did work out for her. Good for her. This pair will make their debut at the Golden Spin of Zagreb.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108973.htm

The Finn

Record Breaker
Emmi not in gala? Only one skater/discipline from arranging country or did she hurt her angle so bad she could not perform?

I was wondering about that also. I bet it was because of her ankle since skaters with lower placements skated at the show.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Lindfors family has now 3 national champions 2019: They youngest brother won the novice boys title during past weekend - delightfully there have been 5 boys competing from that title.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Some short informations:
Monica Lindfors and Juho Pirinen have split.
Vera Stolt has skated 2nd best TES of the year. She might be fighting for one of the spots in Euros next year.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Arina Klinovitskaya is the new partner of Partanen.

Couldn’t be happier to announce that this summer I’ve started to skate again, only this time I’m taking on a new sport by starting ice dance. A lot of new and challenging things for me but I’m super excited and wouldn’t change a second spent working on this new journey! Many thanks to this amazing, patient and extremely supportive guy for giving me this opportunity to make my dreams come true, to be able to make a comeback to competitive sport after almost three years. I’m really happy to call him my partner and can’t wait to see where our hard work together will bring us!✨
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RfcvBBYsc/