Choose your Russian team to the Worlds, Europeans, Junior Worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Choose your Russian team to the Worlds, Europeans, Junior Worlds

The Finn

Record Breaker
If the Junior Nationals are qualifying event for the Youth Olympics then it is a good thing for Shevchenko/Eremenko. I thought that when they fell at the 5th Russian Cup they might have lost their chances to get to the Youth Olympics but now it looks like they might still go.

Shevchenko/Eremenko might replace Skoptcova/Aleshin but other than that I think the above team is the one Russia will send.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's too bad Petr bombed his FS because I was really hoping he would get the 3rd spot for Junior Worlds. Roman still seems like a bit of a question mark with so little international competitive experience, but he was impressive this week, so I'm glad they gave him a chance.

The Finn

Record Breaker
1. Who do you think will be the 3rd russian lady at the Worlds?
2. Who would you like her to be, Anna, Liza or Yulia?

1. Can't really say. I don't think it will be Yulia but Anna or Liza.
2. Yulia had an amazing SP at the Russian nationals and if she can get her FS at similar level then I would love to see her most at the worlds.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Depends on the Russian Cup Final. I personally would much rather see Anna's programs again than Liza's, but if Liza does well at the final then I won't be surprised if the Fed sends her...esp. as the defending champion. I don't think Yulia is going to get much consideration unless Liza somehow bombs & she beats her at the final...odds of which are practically nil.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Depends on the Russian Cup Final. I personally would much rather see Anna's programs again than Liza's, but if Liza does well at the final then I won't be surprised if the Fed sends her...esp. as the defending champion. I don't think Yulia is going to get much consideration unless Liza somehow bombs & she beats her at the final...odds of which are practically nil.

Come on, Yulia beat Liza at Nationals. She is a tough cookie and she can do it again at the Russian Cup Final. I doubt she will but she has her chances, she just needs to deliver both programs this time.

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
is it true that sotskova is the 4th alternate for euros? i know that euros is over but just want to know. Men, pairs and ice-dancing only have 2-3 alts. each

The Finn

Record Breaker
is it true that sotskova is the 4th alternate for euros? i know that euros is over but just want to know. Men, pairs and ice-dancing only have 2-3 alts. each

It is true that Russia named 4 substitutes for Euros and Masha was one of them but I am not really sure if Masha were the 4th. She propably were but I can't recall seeing any official news about that.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Come on, Yulia beat Liza at Nationals. She is a tough cookie and she can do it again at the Russian Cup Final. I doubt she will but she has her chances, she just needs to deliver both programs this time.

To be honest, I forgot about that already. :laugh: I guess I blocked it from my mind as a Liza fan (though I also like Yulia). Well, I guess we'll see...

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
It is true that Russia named 4 substitutes for Euros and Masha was one of them but I am not really sure if Masha were the 4th. She propably were but I can't recall seeing any official news about that.

Alternates are listed in the alphabetical order in entry lists. That's why Maria was looking like a fourth alternate there. We will never know if Russian federation would send her in case of any withdrawals though.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Still nothing about Team Russia for Worlds. What is up with that? Usually Russia has announced their team well before the deadline which is on monday, March 7.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It looks like Russia will not announce their team at all. We will have to wait for the ISU's Entry list to see who they will send to the Worlds.