Choose your Russian team to the Worlds, Europeans, Junior Worlds | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Choose your Russian team to the Worlds, Europeans, Junior Worlds

voolfee

On the Ice
You are still missing the point. I was choosing my team based on who I want to see there, not who is (in your opinion) better.
Sorry, I wanted to write this post to AntonioThunderhunter.

Last edited:

tvuckic16

Final Flight
I don't know about juniors, but in seniors, in order of seniority because I am not sure how medals will go exactly:

Ladies: Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Medvedeva
Men: Voronov, Kovtun, really don't know about third
Ice Dance: BS, IZ (Worlds) and SB for Euros (although I would love YM to sneak in for Euros)
Pairs: VT, SK, AR

Imagine

Medalist
My ladies team would be:

Junior Worlds: Polina T., Maria, Alisa
Youth Olympics: Polina T., Evgenia, Maria
Europeans: Anna, Liza, Elena
Worlds: Yulia, Adelina, Evgenia

Roman09

Final Flight
My ladies team would be:

Junior Worlds: Polina T., Maria, Alisa
Youth Olympics: Polina T., Evgenia, Maria
Europeans: Anna, Liza, Elena
Worlds: Yulia, Adelina, Evgenia
Whether is it possible to send three participants from one country to Youth Olympics?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Ladies 2016-17 JGP season looks extremely interesting and I thought I will include that event here as well.

So, these would be the skaters I would like to see in JGP next year.

Polina Tsurskaya
Alisa Fedichkina
Anastasia Gubanova
Elizaveta Nugumanova
Alisa Lozko
Anna Tarusina
Ekaterina Mitrofanova

Mattieu

Medalist
For euros/worlds
Ladies: Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Sotnikova
Men: Kovtun, Voronov,
Ice Dance: BS, IZ (Worlds) and S/K for Euros ( I love the underdog)
Pairs: VT, SK, AR

The Finn

Record Breaker
Based on this thread this would be the Russian team to Worlds.

Men
Voronov 9 (votes)
Kovtun 6
---------
Pitkeev 2
Menshov

Ladies
Tuktamysheva 10
Radionova 8
Medvedeva 7
---------------
Lipnitskaya 6
Sotnikova 5

Pairs
Volosozhar/Trankov 9
Stolbova/Klimov 8
Astakhova/Rogonov 6
--------------------
Kavaguti/Smirnov 4
Tarasova/Morozov 3

Ice Dance
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin 10
Bobrova/Soloviev 9

witcher

Match Penalty
Ladies 2016-17 JGP season looks extremely interesting and I thought I will include that event here as well.

Polina Tsurskaya
Alisa Fedichkina
Anastasia Gubanova
Elizaveta Nugumanova
Alisa Lozko
Anna Tarusina
Ekaterina Mitrofanova
Great choice! :cheer2:

The Finn

Record Breaker

Polina Tsurskaya
Alisa Fedichkina
Anastasia Gubanova
Elizaveta Nugumanova
Alisa Lozko
Anna Tarusina
Ekaterina Mitrofanova

Three of these skaters can skate at JGP Russia in Saransk next season. That will be the 1st ever JGP event in Russia. That is great news.

ArcticMonkeys

On the Ice
Junior Worlds

Men: Aliev, Petrov, Gumennik.
Ladies: Tsurskaya, Sotskova, Fedichkina
Pairs: Borisova/Sopot, Gubanova/Sintsov Atakhanova/Spiridonov
Ice dance: Loboda/Drozd, Popova/Vlasenko, Skoptcova/Aleshin.

Europeans

Men: Menshov, Voronov, Pitkeev
Ladies: Medvedeva, Radiovova, Pogorilaya
Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Tarasova/Morozov
Ice dance: Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov

Youth Olympics

Men: Aliev
Ladies: Tsurskaya, Sotskova

Worlds

Men: Menshov, Voronov
Ladies: Medvedeva, Radionova, Pgorilaya
Pairs: Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti Smirnov, Tarasova/Morozov
Ice Dance: Bobrova/Soloviev, Sinitsina/Katsalapov

The Finn

Record Breaker
Europeans - Voronov & Pitkeev yes, but I would switch Kovtun for Menshov (although I know the Russian fed won't). Ladies - not sure, too many to choose from and too early to make a strong case for anyone. Pairs - V/T, S/K, and K/S...I guess.

Worlds - Voronov and Menshov. Again, it won't happen, but I do believe Menshov wouldn't choke like Kovtun did last time. Or send Pitkeev over Menshov if ONT was just a fluke & he does well from here on. Your other choices seem ok to me.

Don't know about Menshov but after NHK Trophy I too hope that we will not see Kovtun neither at the Europeans nor at the Worlds. Instead of him I would rather see one of the guys we haven't seen at the major championships before, like Kolyada or Dmitriev.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It looks like Russian team at Youth Olympics would look like this

Dmitri Aliev

Polina Tsurskaya
Maria Sotskova

Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin

Anastasia Skoptcova / Kirill Aleshin
Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov

The team must be decided before junior nationals, so, for most skaters there are no major competitions left before the decisions has to be made. Sima could still make it if she would be outstanding at the Russian nationals but I doubt she would be chosen if she only narrowly beats Sotskova.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Now that JGP season will be over soon I checked the ones who had their last junior season.

Not eligible for juniors next season
Betina Popova / Yuri Vlasenko
Sofia Evdokimova / Egor Bazin
Anastasia Gubanova / Alexei Sintsov. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they will split after this season.

Will most likely move to seniors but are eligible for juniors
Maria Sotskova
Serafima Sakhanovich

Might go to seniors I guess
Dmitri Aliev
Alexander Samarin

Next season will be their last season at juniors.
Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd
Anastasia Poluianova / Stepan Korotkov

hanca

Record Breaker
I agree with you on Gubanova/Sintsov. It's surprising that they have done so well (getting into JGPF, being 4th at Jun worlds last season, getting three medals out of four JGP events in this and last season), considering that they don't have a triple and double axel. For me they don't even stand out in anything. Fedorova/Miroshkin and Vygalova/Zakroev didn't have the jumps, but there was something in their skating that made me watch them. Gubanova/Sintsov doesn't have that.

Speaking of Fedorova/Miroshkin, I am curious if she used the season Miroshkin needs for recovery to learn jumps. She doesn't need to work on programs this season and can't work on pair elements on her own, so I would hope that she has been working hard on triples and maybe next season we won't recognise them, how they will come back improved.

It was disappointing that neither Vygalova nor Zakroev skated with their new partners at the Russian cups. I was hoping that they could be ready perhaps at least for the last one. But if they paired with a complete pair beginner, it may take a while before they are competitive. Hopefully the next season.

kalee

On the Ice
Do you think Sima has a chance of making it to Junior Worlds this year? Although she beat Alisa at Nationals, it was by a very tight margin -- does this mean that the decision will be left to how they perform in Junior nationals?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Do you think Sima has a chance of making it to Junior Worlds this year? Although she beat Alisa at Nationals, it was by a very tight margin -- does this mean that the decision will be left to how they perform in Junior nationals?

Sima has a chance if she can beat Alisa at Junior Nats (late January) with a good margin - otherwise I'd say no

The Finn

Record Breaker
It looks like Russian team at Youth Olympics would look like this

Dmitri Aliev

Polina Tsurskaya
Maria Sotskova

Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin

Anastasia Skoptcova / Kirill Aleshin
Anastasia Shpilevaya / Grigory Smirnov

The team must be decided before junior nationals, so, for most skaters there are no major competitions left before the decisions has to be made. Sima could still make it if she would be outstanding at the Russian nationals but I doubt she would be chosen if she only narrowly beats Sotskova.

Apparently they don't need to decide the Youth Olympic team before Junior Nationals. Officially the last entry day is 18 January but I guess they can name multiple substitutes to the Youth Olympics and because of that they can decide after the the junior nationals who they will actually send to the competition.

Recall championship in Chelyabinsk Russia will come the best skaters from across the country. The upcoming tournament is the qualifying on the second Youth Olympic Winter Games to be held in Lillehammer (Norway), and the World Junior Championships in Hungary.
http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/1718-v-...henij-dlya-lyubitelej-figurnogo-kataniya.html