2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD

zebobes

Final Flight
Not to mention the fact that Davis and White also used Giselle, and totally rocked with that same section of music.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
M/G I think suffered for me from going right after the Shibs, not just because the Shibs are better skaters, but because I feel like the feeling/theme/type of program they were going for was similar and the Shibs did it SO much better.

Honestly I couldn't help but think of Meryl and Charlie's polka Giselle, so that made it tough for me to enjoy.

LisaM

Medalist
These are possibly the worst costumes I've ever seen. Terrible music. I hate this concept.

Sorry for the negativity but wow that surprised me in all of the wrong ways.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER (CAN)

Music: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by The Beatles; Six German Dances, K. 571, No. 6 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; Air Pour Les Sauvages (from Les Indes galantes)

Hot pink uniform dress / turqois uniform - both with gold details

It definitely different - solid skate, still needs a bit more polish to work, I think

SD: 31.32+32.24 = 62.56, 3/6

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I asked him nicely to remove it ;)

WOW!!!

When I saw it disappear, I did wonder if somebody amongst the organisers were reading our comments!

Well, may I just say to them that the service they are giving us so far today is exemplary!

The results graphics in particular are absolutely perfect and tell us exactly what we need to know in a very clear way.

In fact, I wish the ISU would copy them for their events!

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think I can safely say I have literally never seen anything like what G/P just did. I am not even sure if I like it, I need to recover before I decide. I even missed the waltz pattern I was so distracted by the spectacle.

I do see what you guys mean about the costumes- I feel like those colors might even clash??? I did kinda secretly love the peace sign on her back though.

belladashwood

Rinkside
Another reason M/G suffered is that D/W did their short dance 3 years ago to the same music selections from Giselle which really set the standard and happens to be one of my all time fave short dances.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Another reason M/G suffered is that D/W did their short dance 3 years ago to the same music selections from Giselle which really set the standard and happens to be one of my all time fave short dances.

LOL I was going to add something about that and throw in that furthermore her costume and hair were inferior to Meryl's but then it just seemed like too much...

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yay Kavita and Joti!!! Very happy to get to see them again so soon- they were my happy surprise of last week!

Art&Sport

Medalist
I thought Piper and Paul deserved a bit higher. A bit of politics at play?

Ok, I see that their unique approach is not appreciated by all, and that Piper's skating skills are still frowned upon. I simply love their unique and innovative approach. They are so fun to watch, IMHO.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kavita LORENZ / Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS (GER)

Music: The Sound of Music

Light blue dress / grey vest, pants, white shirt

OK skate, though you can see he's new to ice dance (weaker edging, extensions)

SD: 23.28+24.08 = 47.36, 5/7

Last edited: