2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i sort of saw it as a dream.... the beatles song comes in and they are transported in baroque France... or something... and it's super quirky (some of the moves reminded me of baroque dancing which is very 'hands and arms" and then PAF! they are back to reality with the beatles? Maybe they smoked something too... LOL

Well not everything else, I was just using hyperbole and referring to the concept, outfits, and choreography. I don't know what they were thinking.

tulosai

Record Breaker
According to bio: Lorenz/Polizoakis teamed up in spring 2015. Polizoakis competed in singles until then. His nickname is Joti.

She also had never competed internationally before, ever, before last week, so these two are indeed VERY new to this whole thing. I actually think they show extraordinary progress and promise given everything.

LisaM

Medalist
I find it a little bit weird that C/B's PCS was higher than the Shib's. Don't really agree with that. Otherwise, the scoring is about right in my eyes.

tulosai

Record Breaker
i sort of saw it as a dream.... the beatles song comes in and they are transported in baroque France... or something... and it's super quirky (some of the moves reminded me of baroque dancing which is very 'hands and arms" and then PAF! they are back to reality with the beatles? Maybe they smoked something too... LOL

Yes I am fairly sure they were supposed to be high...

Art&Sport

Medalist
The scoring is close at the top, but I definitely think that Piper and Paul should be ahead of Coomes/Buckland, especially in PCS. I think it is politics at play.

And ITA, neither do C/B deserve higher PCS than the Shibs!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i'd put G/P second and I agree that Shibs PCS should be #1.... for TES, it seems fair
I find it a little bit weird that C/B's PCS was higher than the Shib's. Don't really agree with that. Otherwise, the scoring is about right in my eyes.

tulosai

Record Breaker
The scoring is close at the top, but I definitely think that Piper and Paul should be ahead of Coomes/Buckland, especially in PCS. I think it is politics at play.

I think you always need to see the detailed protocols to really know, though PCS is of course more subjective. I think The Shibs deserved the highest PCS personally but that's just me...

TMC

Record Breaker

I just noticed that and was a bit shocked tbh :confused:

I love them both but the Shibs should be way in front

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yup... the judges didn't seem to be in the same mood
Yes I am fairly sure they were supposed to be high...

And ITA, neither do C/B deserve higher PCS than the Shibs!

agreed

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Really surprised to see Coomes/Buckland with a touch higher PCS. Maybe they were fast on the ice or something.

viennaskater

Medalist
It's often been the way that if a dance couple dares to be different, while still ticking the boxes, they don't always get credit for it. And yet we all like to see originality.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I thought Piper and Paul deserved a bit higher. A bit of politics at play?

Ok, I see that their unique approach is not appreciated by all, and that Piper's skating skills are still frowned upon. I simply love their unique and innovative approach. They are so fun to watch, IMHO.

Definitely not. The SD is weird. And while their FD is good weird, this dance was definitely a bad weird. IMO

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
I think you always need to see the detailed protocols to really know, though PCS is of course more subjective. I think The Shibs deserved the highest PCS personally but that's just me...

Agree that Shibs deserve highest PCS, but I also feel G/P should be in front of C/B.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, when I saw Piper and Paul come out onto the ice, I thought "WHAT ON EARTH ARE THEY WEARING???!!!"

But then the music started, and I understood it straight away.

"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album cover

CaroLiza_fan

OHHHH that now makes sense.... thanks for enlightening me... i thought they were scored a bit low as well Art&Sport

No problem! Happy to be of help!

I probably should have added - Sgt. Pepper is the album that "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" is from.

And that is exactly what most people reckon that "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" is really about!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
She also had never competed internationally before, ever, before last week, so these two are indeed VERY new to this whole thing. I actually think they show extraordinary progress and promise given everything.

Yeah, especially since they finished 3rd in the FD last week at Nebelhorn, ahead of Cannuscio/McManus from the US.