2015 Finlandia Trophy Men's SP and FS | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2015 Finlandia Trophy Men's SP and FS

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't know if he does. He definitely has an IG account.

I couldn't find him on Twitter, but I'll look him up on Instagram later. I may already be following him, not sure lol, I don't use that app too often but I followed a bunch of skaters the other day.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Sergei looked so forlorn in the Kiss and Cry...I hope something really good can happen to him today, related to skating or not, so he can be cheered up. :cheer2:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
What happened in K&C with Voronov is heartbreaking. I hope he'll cool down a bit and wil reconsider his words. It was just a bad day, it was just a bad skate. And bravo Eteri for being this calm, I bet she had a thing or two to say to him later.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deservedly so, but does it take Voronov not being on technically for his PCS to be scored more accurately?

It really shouldn't, he should always get lower PCS regardless of jumps. At least lower SS, TR.

slider11

Medalist
Totally agree with your assessment of Adam Rippon. He's got work to do but he should take some positives from this LP and go home and get ready for the GPs. I think the US top spot is definitely a battle between him, Brown and Aaron. Jason may have the edge right now but Adam has it in him. All 3 are capable guys who bring different things to the sport. Away we go!
Hino is primarily a jumper, and he was cranking them out after the opening fall on quad. Granted he relaxed and was better as his program continued, but not good presentation skills and no musicality. His skating doesn't do much for me. As far as Hino's costume, he looked good ... Johnny Weir's influence still in action.

I really like Menshov and he was on, especially after seeing how Voronov faltered technically. Menshov knew he had the technical goods to win, plus I do see a lot of improvement in Menshov's overall look and in his movement qualities over the ice. Voronov really tries hard and I feel for the guy, but he is still a bit jerky, awkward and stiff, and he does not have nice lines. I did enjoy the way Voronov came out last season really trying to rock it and entertain with his It's a Man's World program, so I give him a lot of props for working hard. Still, I don't understand why Voronov gets such high scores for SS. There's no way Voronov's individual and overall scores in PCS categories should be close to or a few points higher than Adam's PCS scores (as they were in the sp)! Even Tim Dolensky is a much smoother and a more refined skater, as well as a good jumper when he's on. I believe that Tim also should have had a bit higher PCS. But yes, losing the errors needs to happen for everyone who wants to be competitive in the tough men's field.

I really like Brezina's sp, and I feel Brezina still has wonderful potential, but that right now he is still lacking in overall confidence so the judges sense that and it does not help his scores. Brezina needs to keep working hard on improving his technical consistency, and in continuing to further refine and develop his presentation skills. I enjoy watching Michael Christian Martinez, and I think he should be rated higher than he seems to be by the judges. But once again, as with all the skaters, MCM can help himself by going clean.

Adam is looking so fit, and his training sessions have been very strong leading up to this event. But I think Adam let his confidence stray, as I see no reason why he didn't land all his 3-axels cleanly in both programs. The fall on the quad in his sp was a nervous fall right in front of the judges. Why plan to land it right in front of the judges? I say go for placement near perhaps but not that near the judges. I do give Adam credit in going for and landing that last 3-axel in his fp in the place where a 2-axel was planned since he had doubled one of his 3-axels in the beginning. That was thinking on his feet and fighting for his program. And it's really a great program for Adam. It gets the crowd clapping and he looks stellar with very cool moves. His costume is quite wonderful, and the hair is kinda fun and different.

Adam has definitely worked very hard too and it shows. Everything is set up for him to make some strides upward now and not settle for less than what he's truly capable of. Perhaps he should rethink going for the 4-lutz and see where he's at with the other quads he's been working on. He seemed to want to play it safe and leave out the quad in the fp this time (especially with the top guys at Finlandia not necessarily having been that strong overall, aside from Menshov). I think Adam needs to gain more confidence from this outing, store it up and come prepared to make some louder noise at his next event.

slider11

Medalist
Wow! Just watched the video of Adam Rippon (thank you!) I love that Beatles medley and particularly like the silent breaks in the music where it's all about Adam and a perfect position. Fantastic use of music! Some of the blends are a little rough but I am pulling for him with this vehicle!

red cat

Rinkside
I watched Adam´s skating live. Both programs are so good and he was so warm welcomed by crowd. As a fan of him I am just happy.