2015 Croatia Cup Ladies FS Oct 10 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Croatia Cup Ladies FS Oct 10

Leonardo

Final Flight
Flip in the second half is about 6 points. She would have had about 67. Polina T. whose jumps are second to none had 68. Why was Wakaba robbed?

Wakaba got 69.5 TES at last year's junior worlds with an easier program. But yes, probably not that underscored, maybe she lost some levels on spins and on that very weak step sequence (very unusual for her, she has great steps)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wakaba didn't have a good warm up but she skated well consider the pressure, admitted a bit cautiously. Overall, I still liked it. She is capable of much more fire though...

MIM

Medalist
Lots of Latin flavor in today's fps. Too many mistakes. Good fight though...

Icey

Record Breaker
This is the way commentation should be done......after the skate. Unless you are "watching" it on radio LMAO.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kim DECELLES (CAN)

Music: Coppelia by Leon Delibes

Purple dress, white boning

1F
3Lz<< - twofoot
2A+3T
FSSp
3Lz+REP - stepout, hand down
2S
3T
FCCoSp3p
2A
StSq
CCoSp3p

Bit shaky skate

FS: 36.48+44.17 = 80.65 (PB), 132.62 (PB), 7/26

Last edited:

zamboni step

Final Flight
Flip in the second half is about 6 points. She would have had about 67. Polina T. whose jumps are second to none had 68. Why was Wakaba robbed?

Because she did two 3Ls to Polina's 3Ts, both in the second half, her three jump combination was in the second half, and her step sequence was much better executed technically.

Last edited:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
i love the commentation, always saying positive aspects of every skater, not only talking about mistakes as commentators in senior grand prix circuit

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wow Xena Warrior Princess!!! Interesting!!

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I like Ted Barton.

I do not like Diana Pervushikina's FS, which alternates between boring me and driving me insane because the music is awful.

Sackie

Medalist
Kim did what I feared - came out with the deer in the headlights look and just never got her nerves under control. At least she kept going for the jumps, but she did let the program go there after the first couple of errors. She would have done better skating in the 2nd to last group and not the final group.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice sum up by Ted Barton

It makes me kind of sad. This is the 2nd year that I watched the JGP series. But this is the first that I really got into it. I remember when the series this year started the day that me and my family left the hotel in Hot Springs, VA (The Homestead) with the ladies SP. And following along in the car during the 8-hour car ride to Nashville because we were moving my brother into Vanderbilt for college. Then the next day, I woke up to see results and then tried to keep up with results as I walked in downtown Nashville and then tried to watch the medal ceremony. The next day, I again woke up to results and tried to watch the live results when helping my brother move into his dorm.

The next week, it was pretty casual and I watched it on livestream and tried to watch live results while I was buying textbooks for the next semester.

The next week I watched live results on the way back from a double skin biopsy (Two moles removed). Then I remember watching the FD while getting my nails done for a concert which was the next day.

The next week, I don't remember a load, but I remember watching the pairs FP and also the ladies FP on a beautiful Friday day at home. Oh and I remember watching the ladies SP when I got home from school that day.

The next week, I remember watching the pairs SP in the hallways while waiting for my physics recitation class and working on homework at the same time. The next day I woke up from a figure skating related dream at 5:30ish in the morning at was relieved to see that McNamara/Carpenter did well. Then I listened to the pairs FP while waiting for a physics review sessions for an upcoming test. The next day I woke up to see some scores from the men's FP and after physics tutoring and being mad that I couldn't participate in an EEG study, I saw the results of the men's FP and then watch the FD at home.

The next week I watched the men's SP and FP at home. The whole weekend went by like a blur, so it was kind of hard to remember what I did.

Then this week, I watched some of the men's SP...wait...I don't remember. But I remember yesterday being SUPER happy when looking at the live results for the SD at the Parsons' score. Then when I got home, I watched the last of the men's FP. And anxiously awaited for today. Then today I watched the FD while still tired and I got excited at the Parsons score.

So yeah, let's see what I'll be doing during the JGPF.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Diana PERVUSHKINA (RUS)

Music: Xena Warrior Princess (soundtrack)

Brown warrior dress, gold details, arm bands

2Lz+2T
3Lo - fall, maybe <
3F+1Lo+3S - 'tano
CCoSp3p
StSq
3S+2T - forward on 3S, wonky
2F - turnout
2A
2A
FSSp
LSp

Rough skate, only 3 landed triples

FS: 44.91+48.80-1.00 = 92.71, 153.23, 2/29

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
If Wakaba is slow, Diana is on a stroll... labored princess warrior. Power seems sapped out of her.