2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Pairs SP and FS | Golden Skate

2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Pairs SP and FS

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Video and Results Thread
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ssic-Videos-and-Results&p=1220772#post1220772

Ice network has a very preliminary schedule listed. No word yet about the Ice Challenge (whether it will happen or not).

Scheduled (All Times Eastern) as of 9/14/2015

9/17/2015 7:30pm Pairs Short Program
9/17/2015 8:45pm Men's Short Program
9/18/2015 12:25pm Short Dance
9/18/2015 2:15pm Ladies Short Program
9/18/2015 5:45pm Pairs Free Skate
9/18/2015 7:30pm Men's Free Skate
9/19/2015 6:20pm Ladies Free Skate
9/19/2015 10:15pm Free Dance

Entries/Results
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051634.htm

Icenetwork Leader Board Results
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/18396/results.html

Junior Results (US Challenge Skate)
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/20554/results.html

Pairs Free Skate Commentary Starts Here
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...rs-SP-and-FS&p=1236277&viewfull=1#post1236277

Start Order Pairs Short Program​

PlaceStartNameScore
1Adel TANKOVA
Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI, ISR
2Vanessa GRENIER
Maxime DESCHAMPS, CAN
3Tarah KAYNE
Daniel O SHEA, USA
4Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS
Michael MARINARO, CAN
5Paris STEPHENS
Matthew DODDS, AUS
6Marissa CASTELLI
Mervin TRAN, USA
7Gretchen DONLAN
Nathan BARTHOLOMAY, USA

Pairs

No.NameNation
1Paris STEPHENS / Matthew DODDSAUS
SP Let's Get Loud by Jennifer Lopez
FS Evita soundtrack, including Don't Cry for Me Argentina, vocals by Madonna
2Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPSCAN
SP Por Una Cabeza (vocals Véronica Larc)
FS Don Juan De Marco soundtrack , including Dona Julia, I Was Born in Mexico, and Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman? by Michael Kamen
3Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINAROCAN
SP If I can't have you, by Etta James; choreographed by Julie Marcotte
FS Selections from the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack; choreographed by Julie Marcotte
4Adel TANKOVA / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKIISR
SP I Put a Spell on You by Screamin' Jay Hawkins
FS Exogenesis Symphony Part I (Overture) and Part II (Cross-Pollination) by Muse
5Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRANUSA
SP Summertime by Gershwin; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP A medley of Journey songs: "Don't Stop Believin'" in instrumental and vocal versions, "Open Arms" and "Any Way You Want It; choreography by Julie Marcotte
6Gretchen DONLAN / Nathan BARTHOLOMAYUSA
SP All the Jazz (vocal, from movie Chicago)
LP Frank Sinatra Medley
7Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEAUSA
SP “Espana Cani”
FS “Music of the Night”, a duet by Barbra Streisand and Michael Crawford

Last edited by a moderator:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I still hope they will get their act together and post a list of competitors - novice and junior.

... Still no Challenge roster.

USFS fanzone Competition Central page -- for both Challenge Skate and the SLC Classic:
http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/competition-central/usintlclassic-competition-central/

The Competition Central page has links to a separate leaderboard page for Challenge Skate:

U.S. Challenge Skate - Singles
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/20554/results.html (which for now still says: "Please check back later for initial starting orders.")

(The CC page has the SLC Classic leaderboard link as well -- which already is in the OP-lets of this thread.

And oddly, the CC page has a link to a blank leaderboard for U.S. Challenge Skate - Pairs / Dance, although those events already took place in Colorado Springs and the results PDFs have been published elsewhere. See the post earlier in this thread.
ETA (on Sep 16): The Challenge Skate pairs/dance leaderboard has been updated :) with the scores and protocols from Colorado Springs.

Thx, TGS :).
Lest anyone expect a freebie: I would imagine that a paid IN subscription would be required for viewers worldwide, the same as for viewers in the U.S.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Marissa and Mervin have taken over the USFS Instagram, and Mariah Bell is taking over their Snapchat.

Social media takeovers make me so happy :party:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Saw Men's and Pairs practice this evening. Both were fun.

I was impressed with both Tanaka and Oma from Japan. I was sure Uno had injured himself with a wonky landing on a 3 axel, but he was smiling later on and landed another great quad so it must just have been the altitude or something. I like Tanaka's free program music - very effective. He didn't do a lot but the choreography make me want to see this program at full force. The Americans looked as expected. Timothy looks ready and his program look more polished than Miner and Dornbush. However, he is still struggling with his 3axel. He has quite broad shoulders - I think that affects his ability to get the harder jumps around. Both Ross and Richard look like this is the first competition of the season.

Pairs was fun. Only 7 pairs competing. I really like Castelli/Tran's free program. As an old Journey fan, I may find myself singing along at full volume. Tran cut his hand (I think) during the run-through and was working like crazy to get a bandage on it so they could continue with the parts they wanted to work on. He was playing around with the hand and the bandage for the rest of the practice. I also liked Kayne/O'Shea's free - I'm glad they chose the Phantom piece with Streisand as the female voice. I wonder if using one piece of music through-out will affect their program component marks. I wasn't as impressed with Donlan/Bartholomay - the Sinatra medley is all signature songs, but I don't think they work as well as they should for skating. One of the men also used Sinatra - much more effectively. None of the pairs looked in mid-season form. All of them have weaknesses that are noticeable. It will be a matter of fewest mistakes wins.

Way easy to get into this competition. I'm quite sure the crowds will be very small. For those watching on Ice Network, the entrance to the rink is at the top of the stands so most people sit at the top and the bottom looks very empty on video. I think we were the only 3 people there just to watch the skating. Everyone else seemed to be there with some official skating connection. I found the lists for novice and junior, but I see they have finally been posted online so I won't do it here.

tulosai

Record Breaker
If only they charged a lower fee for international subscriber, or had a special deal for the internstional classic.
I am not paying a $50US subscription for one competition

Seriously. The stream also isn't as good as it should be (or at least hasn't been in previous years) considering the price. I guess based on previous posts in this thread you can make it better by clearing a lot of things on your computer but that shouldn't be mandatory for a functioning stream for 50 dollars. The video posted after the fact is great though but the stream has sometimes been so wonky. So basically don't feel too bad :biggrin:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Any information on K/O's skate? I don't have wifi and live streaming uses too much data so I can't watch. :no:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Tarah fell on her jump, the program needs mileage but I like it a lot. It also looks like she is skating with a knee bandage.

54.30 score

charmblade

Final Flight
K/O's short is giving me paso doble flashbacks from last season :laugh: She fell on the SBS jump, otherwise a clean skate. She did NOT look happy with the score though

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually think this score is decent for them with a fall and at the beginning of the season... but maybe that's just me...

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
They had some issues besides the fall: the twist was not as clean or as high as I have seen them do and I don't think she got her head low enough on the death spiral. (and I know this stuff matters because I have been learning from the JGP commentary!)

Layback11

Record Breaker
I actually think this score is decent for them with a fall and at the beginning of the season... but maybe that's just me...

The JGP has lowered my standards. I have forced myself to think that 50 and above is a good score because I would not be able to watch the JGP without this mentality. :laugh2:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Oh come on, MT/M have to be finished by now?

Dear results page: Y U NO UPDATE FAST??!? *Rage comic face*