2015 U.S. Figure Skating Classic - SLC Ice Dance-SD and FD | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. Figure Skating Classic - SLC Ice Dance-SD and FD

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Video and Results Thread
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ssic-Videos-and-Results&p=1220772#post1220772

Ice network has a very preliminary schedule listed. No word yet about the Ice Challenge (whether it will happen or not).

Scheduled (All Times Eastern) as of 9/14/2015

9/17/2015 7:30pm Pairs Short Program
9/17/2015 8:45pm Men's Short Program
9/18/2015 12:25pm Short Dance
9/18/2015 2:15pm Ladies Short Program
9/18/2015 5:45pm Pairs Free Skate
9/18/2015 7:30pm Men's Free Skate
9/19/2015 6:20pm Ladies Free Skate
9/19/2015 10:15pm Free Dance

Entries/Results
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051634.htm

Icenetwork Leader Board Results
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/18396/results.html

Free Dance Commentary Starts about here
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ce-SD-and-FD&p=1236318&viewfull=1#post1236318

Junior Results (US Challenge Skate)
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/20554/results.html

​Ice Dance

No.NameNation
1Emily PIKE / Patrick ADDERLEYAUS
2Brianna DELMAESTRO / Timothy LUMCAN
3Elisabeth PARADIS / Francois-Xavier OUELLETTECAN
SD Lost by Anouk and Kill by Anouk; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon
FD Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon
4Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSENDEN
5Kimberly BERKOVICH / Ronald ZILBERBERGISR
6Taylor TRAN / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUSLTU

SD Waltz and polka from musical "Carousel;“ choreo by Marina Zoueva and Oleg Epstein
FD Soundtrack from film "Nights of Cabiria“ (Le notti di Cabiria); choreo by Marina Zoueva and Oleg Epstein
7Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITINUKR
8Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUEUSA
9Danielle THOMAS / Daniel EATONUSA

[/TR]
[td="colspan: 2]SD Selections from Cinderella by Rogers and Hammerstein; choreo by Marina Zoueva
FD "Czardas" by Zoltan Maga, played by Sonia Lee; choreo by Marina Zoueva
[/td]

Last edited by a moderator:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
What we saw in practice and what we saw in competition were two very different things. I was shocked that Uno looked so bad (in comparison). There is some very bad audio quality on some of these programs - some have us covering our ears.

Looking forward to seeing Paradis/Ouellette today. Their short dance was lovely yesterday. Maybe my new find for the season.

As for lady's, I don't think Miyahara made a single mistake in practice yesterday - I almost wondered if she was overdoing. Murikami looked good as well - warms up a bit more slowly. The US girls were uneven. Chen was up and down and doesn't really have a lot of presence on the ice. Bell was working hard - i didn't see a lot of her natural sparkle in practice. Wang has great command of the ice when she skates - still working on technical content. Miyahara was definitely the practice winner

Sorry about all the others - no time to see everything.

charmblade

Final Flight
I liked Thomas/Eaton. They seem to have a good connection and look pretty good for their first year together. (Disclaimer: I know practically nothing about the technical aspects of dance, so all my comments from this competition will be on performance/costumes/personal preferences lol)

lmarie086

Medalist
If it's possible, could someone post a video of Hubbell/Donohue's performance after their skate? I haven't decided yet if I want to pay for an Icenetwork subscription when it sounds like their video quality is still hit-or-miss a lot of the time.

Is the second group on the ice yet?

charmblade

Final Flight
^^^ Yep, Australian couple just finished. Anyone else watching??

Pike/Adderly seemed a bit stiff and tentative throughout.

caitie

Medalist
OMG NO. Zach fell!!! It was so beautiful until then!!! :(

ETA: Fuuuuudgemonkeys, ugh. It was at the very end, too. At least it happened here and not Skate Canada (like last year, I mean)?? Ugh they are totally going to get passed by their bb training mates, now...

charmblade

Final Flight
Gah!!! I look away for one second and they fell! What happened?

Madison and Zach are really a step above everyone else so far in terms of elegance and maturity. This is a beautiful program, although it's not very waltz-y (not necessarily a bad thing, but I would like to see this as their free dance instead).

At least he's laughing at it in the K&C, although it's a bit of an ashamed/annoyed laugh.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, what a lovely program from H/D! First time I've really loved one of their programs. *Such* a shame about the double fall. Everything was going well up until then! Also mega bonus points for the first waltz/march cut that didn't sound like an ipod on shuffle... Okay, that's a big harsh, but I hardly even noticed the cut which was fantastic.

samson

Medalist
Well 61.08 is still a decent early season score with a fall. I don't have a subscription just yet to icenetwork, was the fall on an element?

charmblade

Final Flight
Beautiful lift from P/O. Nice program, but I could have done without the vocals. Also, is everyone doing the traditional waltz with the military officer at a ball theme?

tinlizzie

Final Flight
Well 61.08 is still a decent early season score with a fall. I don't have a subscription just yet to icenetwork, was the fall on an element?

It was weird, his feet just slipped out and he landed on his bum.