2015 U.S. Figure Skating Classic - SLC Ice Dance-SD and FD | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. Figure Skating Classic - SLC Ice Dance-SD and FD

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I wonder if she'll add beading to her dress or just keep it the simple...fuchsia...it is now. I'm wondering this because I am completely bored and my mind in wandering. Not a great song choice and nothing in the choreography stood out to me either.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Laurence Fournier-Beaudry/Nikolaj Sorensen, Denmark

Score: FD 89.50, total 141.08
Place: 2nd

Music: some really obscure indie music

Costumes: he wore a cream blouse and black pants. She wore a red velvet dress with a sweetheart neckline and mesh above it. Simple but gorgeous. :yes:

I never expected it to, but this program worked! It was a suitable followup to their lovely FD last season. I don't even know what it is that I liked so much about it, but it was really enjoyable. However, Nikolaj needs a haircut, STAT.

Because the bowl cut helps no man.

:laugh2:

Final result

Layback11

Record Breaker
Final Result

1. Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue, USA 153.62
2. Laurence Fournier-Beaudry/Nikolaj Sorensen, Denmark 141.08
3. Elisabeth Paradis/Francois-Xavier Ouellette, Canada 136.90

Congratulations to all the medalists at this event!

slider11

Medalist
Wow...the team from Denmark scored only 3 points behind Hubbell and Donahue in the FD. H/D won easily overall but the gap should be must wider if they are expecting to be considered a top team.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I could've sworn I just heard somebody say "hello" in a super creepy voice on the stream...did anybody else hear that, or am I losing it?

Layback11

Record Breaker
Wow. H/D's score is lower than McNamara/Carpenter's score from the JGP Colorado Springs.

:eek:

I don't want to make judgements based on the first senior B, but...that's kinda not good for them. There are AT LEAST three other US teams who want to be on that world team more than anything, and they're going to have to STEP IT UP if they want to keep that spot.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
You know, if H/D's music is from Tron they should have some neon in their costumes. Instead of white ombre, it could be neon blue. That would be interesting

bramweld

Record Breaker
You know, if H/D's music is from Tron they should have some neon in their costumes. Instead of white ombre, it could be neon blue. That would be interesting

Can anyone say if the program was much improved from the last outing? I like the music but I thought they needed a bit more lightness and speed,

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Just got back from a concert. Did I miss anything good from Ladies or Ice Dance? :biggrin:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Just got back from a concert. Did I miss anything good from Ladies or Ice Dance? :biggrin:

Return of the moth wings. And we saw more ice dance programs set to indie music in an hour than I've seen in my entire skating obsession.

Oh, and Satoko killed, and Elizabet killed, and Angela was okay (that was the podium), and Karen came in 4th but her new program is :love: :love: :love:.

Mariah had a terrible day and I felt equally terrible for her.

As did Kanako. Poor thing came in 7th. :cry:

snsd

On the Ice
So now that the event is over, Who were the standouts?

I didn't get to watch much of the event.

Who should we keep an eye out for?
Best music?
Breakout performances?
Best Costumes?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
H/D are not only going to have a hard time holding off H/B but next season M/C and most likely the Parsons will be going Senior and it will get even tougher to stay in the top 4 for long.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Like everyone else is saying, after this competition I view Hubbell and Donohue as being in a really tough position. They really HAVE to make a push this year if they want to be viewed as a top US team, and while I wouldn't say it is definitely doom yet, this was not a good way to start the push. Based on last year, I expect Hawayek and Baker to slip comfortably into the number 2 spot this year for US teams, leading the Shibs and H/D to battle it out yet again for third, and H/D don't have a good track record in that battle. As others have already said, next year the battle for third is just going to get bigger as promising junior teams come up to seniors. Thomas and Eton also don't suck for a brand new team, especially considering the fact that she has NO prior senior experience. By the Oly year they could be challenging for third too. At the moment C/B is probably the only truly safe team, and H/D are not making a convincing case for themselves.