Nicolas Nadeau | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Nicolas Nadeau

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I LOVE the free program but am confused why he is competing in seniors yet not listed for the grand prix yet. Doesn't he get automatic placements with his world Junior silver medal?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

In competitions sanctioned by Skate Canada Nic has to skate at the senior level because he was a junior medallist (he won the junior title in 2014-2015). Unless you are an ice dancer, in Canada if you medal at a level below senior, you have to move up to the next level. From what we've seen, it looks like Nic himself doesn't want to leave the JGP yet, which is why he doesn't have any GP assignments so far.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
If I'm not mistaken even ice dancer need to do so

I think that happens only if you win a gold. If you're a bronze or silver medallist in ice dance you could stay junior (like the Meng siblings). Though novice and pre-novice medallists would likely move up.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
In competitions sanctioned by Skate Canada Nic has to skate at the senior level because he was a junior medallist (he won the junior title in 2014-2015). Unless you are an ice dancer, in Canada if you medal at a level below senior, you have to move up to the next level. From what we've seen, it looks like Nic himself doesn't want to leave the JGP yet, which is why he doesn't have any GP assignments so far.

Well, not sure if Nic wants to stay juniors, but his coach does: http://www.nordinfo.com/Sports/2016...as-Nadeau-est-vice-champion-du-monde-junior/1

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thanks for sharing this.

for those who don't read french...

they are commenting on the junior worlds and how it went.. that's the most important part of the article... then his coach says : nationally, Nic will be senior but internationally he will remain junior as he has one more year eligibility. He also needs to acquire a second quad jump to be competitive with the top seniors.

Seems like staying junior will allow him to grow and get him ready for next year.
Well, not sure if Nic wants to stay juniors, but his coach does: http://www.nordinfo.com/Sports/2016...as-Nadeau-est-vice-champion-du-monde-junior/1

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
I enjoyed this Elvis very much. I was watching with trepidation at first, Elvis programs could turn pretty kitschy quickly, but they used unique music cuts, some interesting choreo and it was not predictable. Well done, especially so early... and what a nice 3a!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I enjoyed this Elvis very much. I was watching with trepidation at first, Elvis programs could turn pretty kitschy quickly, but they used unique music cuts, some interesting choreo and it was not predictable. Well done, especially so early... and what a nice 3a!

Well said. What I like about the program is the music edits mixed with the theme music of 2001: A Space Odyssey (actually "Also sprach Zarathustra") is so unique and reminds me of an experimental art in a gallery. Nicholas in Elvis' iconic costume presents the legend's representative songs..which could've been cheesy or tacky, but the choreography and his presentation hint that the program is going to be awesome with full development later of the season. I also think the program can be a good exhibition program while all sort of bright lights are onto him. I wish he competes with the program in seniors. I love his way of jumping 3A like walking in the air without regard to gravity. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nic broke the house down... I hope to see this program with all the jumps once! and quad loop!!! WOOT.. that was a huge one too.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
YES! :yes2: Nic delivered at least in FS! :rock: Good to see he still has it in himself. Btw. when Skate Canada announces teams for Junior worlds?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I like Javi's Elvis too, but I agree that Nic's is a great one! And the costume is just awesome for that program!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
okay, time to jump on Nic fan bandwagon:hap57:

he is something else, considering his age, mature appearance and expression, fantastic entertainer abilities, showman's flair and technical poise. A star in making, great, big things (hopefully) will come to him sooner than later. His Elvis FS feels so elevated, so animated, energetic due to his charisma and presentation/interpretation, but also credits to Shae-Lynn for amazing choreography highlighting all musicality and great music cuts used - I feel like there is a good balance in the program, reflecting both Rock'n'Roll and that lyric ballads sides of Elvis' music. Also - there voiceovers work very well with the program, surprisingly.

And yes - Javier's Elvis FS should take some notes from Nic's FS, like stat. Seeing two of them, that generic, one-note empty feel in Javier's program is really glaring for me, I'm sorry...Nic's Elvis is all excitement, wrapped in very interesting, engaging package to watch. He reminds me a cross somewhere between Brian Joubert, Javier himself and Jeffrey Buttle - there is that power and strength, but also musicality, soft edge with it, not mentioning this great performer spark.

TGee

Record Breaker
Welcome aboard NoNameFace....

I've joined the bandwagon this nationals too....there was something just more than I could get from the video from Junior Worlds...

Thanks cathlen for promoting him from afar [you got to see him in person!!!]

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
his LP live is so much more exciting in person because we are not used to see such a showman... such fast footwork etc... it was amazing... we were cheering like high school girls at a boys band concert

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
his LP live is so much more exciting in person because we are not used to see such a showman... such fast footwork etc... it was amazing... we were cheering like high school girls at a boys band concert

:laugh:

so you can confirm that some ladies were losing it a bit during his show, particular step sequences? After re-watching his FS (for 20th time circa) I've heard some wild shrieks in the background. In general - it had to be special to witness two such amazing and inspiring performances from Nic and Patrick, so very different, but both on same great level.

I can't help it - his FS is just a pure joy, his energy is infectious.

and I really, really would like to see him doing Latin-themed program, I just have a feeling he would own it

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
not just ladies... We were all crazy ;)

I think he can do anything... and yes, Latin would be fun .

:laugh:

so you can confirm that some ladies were losing it a bit during his show, particular step sequences? After re-watching his FS (for 20th time circa) I've heard some wild shrieks in the background. In general - it had to be special to witness two such amazing and inspiring performances from Nic and Patrick, so very different, but both on same great level.

I can't help it - his FS is just a pure joy, his energy is infectious.

and I really, really would like to see him doing Latin-themed program, I just have a feeling he would own it