Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
LOL at myself. Because of Rachael's mature look, I always thought Rachael might be a big sister to Michael, but the reality isn't. Michael is already 21, three years older than Rachael.

Their appearance are not alike, so I think that is an advantage for the team because sister-brother teams are considered disadvantageously when it comes to repertoire.

skatemd1

On the Ice
Beautiful skate today in the Free Dance in Dresden has put them into the JGP Final again. Here are the scores, which I thought should have been higher, if anything. Both Russian teams did really well too. The Final will be quite a contest and I think the Parsons are the best team out there this year. Love both programs and they have really matured as performers. Love the emotion they are bringing this year. http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpger2016/CAT004RS.HTM

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
^^ Barring any mistakes, I think they are a lock to win everything this season. I like the fd alot.

skatemd1

On the Ice
Here is the Parsons SD from the JGP Final in Marseille earlier today.

They nailed this program, skating about as well as I have ever seen a Junior team skate a short dance. Good enough for a seasons-best score but thought it should have been scored even higher. Was practically speechless when they finished. Couldn't take my eyes off them the whole time. They looked really happy with it. So excited for them!!

Here are the top-3 SD scores going into tomorrow's FD - looks really tight, top of the podium definitely up for grabs for P/P (or anyone for that matter):

Loboda/Drodz - 67.58 - RUS
Parsons/Parsons - 66.91 - USA
McNamara/Carpenter - 63.73 - USA

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
They kept drawing me in their performance. Well done. Looking forward to FS too.

skatemd1

On the Ice
Their FD was amazing and they earned the gold medal in Marseille - so happy for them! :laugh: Their first Gold in JGPF. Can't wait for nationals and worlds. Their programs this year are incredible.

The final scores:
1 Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS USA 162.50
2 Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD RUS 161.87
3 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA 153.47
4 Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO USA 149.98
5 Angelique ABACHKINA / Louis THAURON FRA 146.12
6 Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV RUS 140.64

Lots of great programs and a good showing for all three US teams.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I seriously became a fan after this. Eurosport loved them a lot- raved about their edges, speed, programs. Were thrilled when the judges placed them first.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
WOW, they really were awesome this week in KC. Their SD, should be an instructional video on edges, flow and unison. The FD was as magical as I hoped it would be. They have obviously worked very hard to make improvements to their skating and take things to the next level. Wishing them luck at Jr Worlds and look forward to what they bring to the senior table next year.

skatemd1

On the Ice
WOW, they really were awesome this week in KC. Their SD, should be an instructional video on edges, flow and unison. The FD was as magical as I hoped it would be. They have obviously worked very hard to make improvements to their skating and take things to the next level. Wishing them luck at Jr Worlds and look forward to what they bring to the senior table next year.

Agreed. They are skating on a whole other level this year, and if they keep skating this well, will take Jr. Worlds and be in the mix next year at senior. Love this team.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
So incredibly happy for these two. When good skaters have good programs good things happen! What a great season for them: 2 JGP golds, JGP Finals champion, US Junior Champion, and now JR WORLD CHAMPION! I am looking forward to what they bring to the senior circuit next year. I think they have a real shot at making the Four Continents team next year.