Rachel Parsons & Michael Parsons

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
So excited for the SR. Breakthrough.
Congratulations on winning the gold :yes2:

rosacotton

Final Flight
Congratulations to Rachel and Michael!!!! :gclap: What a year it has been for them! I am looking forward to watching them make the jump to seniors next season.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched the last 7 groups for the FD on stream. And that FD is BREATHTAKING. I was freaking out when I saw the 1st place score for the FD and saw they got 1st overall! What a way to end the season!!!! Now they finally have the junior world title!

Seniors in US ice dance is going to get much more interesting.

skatemd1

On the Ice
I watched the last 7 groups for the FD on stream. And that FD is BREATHTAKING. I was freaking out when I saw the 1st place score for the FD and saw they got 1st overall! What a way to end the season!!!! Now they finally have the junior world title!

Seniors in US ice dance is going to get much more interesting.

So true! I am really looking forward to seeing them compete as Seniors. They have risen to every challenge so far and just keep getting better and better every time I watch them skate. So happy for them!!!:yahoo: Love these amazing dancers!!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
So true! I am really looking forward to seeing them compete as Seniors. They have risen to every challenge so far and just keep getting better and better every time I watch them skate. So happy for them!!!:yahoo: Love these amazing dancers!!

Adding to the accolades for Rachel and Michael!:luv17: Fantastic team, and fantastic coaching at WISA!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Really enjoyed that FD. They deserved to win. I'm looking forward to seeing them compete as seniors next season.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I love Parsons sibs this season! Congrats on winning Junior World Champs :cheer: I hope to see some strong senior debut next season :)

skatemd1

On the Ice
The Washington Post just ran a great story on Parsons sibs and McNamara/Carpenter this week. I think it is very healthy to have two new Senior teams pushing each other like this, as these two have for years, training together and still being friends. Have seen them at competitions and they are great role models for the sport (and great skaters - all 4 of them). They have a bright future at Senior to be sure and Olympics are in their future. Here is the story in the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/friendly-rivalry-has-pushed-two-ice-dance-teams-into-skatings-senior-circuit/2017/07/24/3dc59682-6b26-11e7-96ab-5f38140b38cc_story.html?utm_term=.67da77ac8c60

skatemd1

On the Ice
Lake Placid was a good debut for them at senior. Good scores for this early in the season, despite a costly slip-up in the short. Love their programs. Good story on them in Skating Magazine this month and they were singled out as a team to watch in this article on Icenetwork: Breakout Stars... Nice to see them get some recognition heading into the GPs.

skatemd1

On the Ice
They've been announced as the dance TBD at SA, which is great for them.

Great news! Another reason to get those tickets for Skate America now! FYI - They are also skating this week in Bratislava in the Ondrej Nepela Trophy in Slovakia, then in the Rostelecom Cup in Russia next month. Plenty of chances to shine. I hope they do well this season. They are just amazing skaters. Total class!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Just saw their sd. Lack of latin "flavor" aside, it's just so pleasing to the eyes to see a team skate so close with great edges. Really happy about their tes.

skatemd1

On the Ice
Great short dance performance for Parsons/Parsons at the US Championships in San Jose. Seasons best marks 72.69 and 5th place for a truly great skate. Power, speed, expression -- and wow that pattern -- the best all night. Their TES was right up their with the top of the field and the energy was just infectious. The best I've seen them all year. I'm a huge fan of this team and there's a great future ahead for them. Can't wait for the free dance tomorrow - nice to see them make the final warmup group so will definitely be TV (on NBC).

Here is video of P/P SD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj6lo3xaZGY&feature=share

McNamara/Carpenter looked really strong too, along with Hawayek/Baker. Lots of focus on top three teams for this Olympics cycle but next three teams in line are really exciting to watch too and in a good position for 2022. USA is in a really great place in Ice Dance right now with lots of teams that can be on the podium in any international competition.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Great short dance performance for Parsons/Parsons at the US Championships in San Jose. Seasons best marks 72.69 and 5th place for a truly great skate. Power, speed, expression -- and wow that pattern -- the best all night. Their TES was right up their with the top of the field and the energy was just infectious. The best I've seen them all year. I'm a huge fan of this team and there's a great future ahead for them. Can't wait for the free dance tomorrow - nice to see them make the final warmup group so will definitely be TV (on NBC).

Here is video of P/P SD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj6lo3xaZGY&feature=share

McNamara/Carpenter looked really strong too, along with Hawayek/Baker. Lots of focus on top three teams for this Olympics cycle but next three teams in line are really exciting to watch too and in a good position for 2022. USA is in a really great place in Ice Dance right now with lots of teams that can be on the podium in any international competition.

Their skating is like butta. I hope big bro fixes his twizzles soon. Sharp!!

matcha

Medalist
I finally caught their short dance and they really delivered. I could watch their blades all day long.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Loved their performance today in the FD. A 5th place finish at their first SR Nationals is a great start to their senior career. Hope it is capped with a trip to 4CC.

musicfan80

Medalist
The Parsons were great today and showed so much potential. I hope that they get the opportunity to compete at 4CCs and skate great there! :yes: