Viveca Lindfors | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Viveca Lindfors

Violetti

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Viveca. Lovely performances in Minsk. She was even a guest in the morning tv program yesterday (with Virpi, the coach). I hope she'll skate at the spring show of her club, The Snow White, with her sister and brother.

Thank you Merjan.
She said in the morning tv program that she is eager to go to competitions, a little nervous as she would like to do her best, but she likes very much to compete. Before a competition she focuses on the competition (not going anywhere, no internet etc.). She has worked hard to skate well. She also goes to St. Petersburg to practice sometimes and she said she likes the mentality there as it serious and hard work and not any kind of play. (Or something like that.). The medal gives her more motivation to work hard and aim high. She likes to read novels and she feels they give her something that helps her get more depth in expression (when she skates).

https://areena.yle.fi/1-4573793?autoplay=true 1:46:53

Congratulations, Viveca :yahoo: :clap: :hap10: :hap85:

Merjan

On the Ice
Viveca is now at a talk show, Finnish TV 1, hosted by Arto Nyberg. She looks very elegant.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated her OP. I've added the last two seasons' results and all the videos I could find. Enjoy :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Tallinn Hotels cup has a Fanny Lindfors listed amongst the junior girl contestants: http://uisk.rebahn.ee/international/CAT003EN.HTM

Is she the younger sister to Viveca, the name sort of goes with the theme the parents might have chosen for their girls ...

Also, is Viveca from Swedish descent? Sweden and Finland weren't exactly the best of friends in the past and even fought wars between them.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Tallinn Hotels cup has a Fanny Lindfors listed amongst the junior girl contestants: http://uisk.rebahn.ee/international/CAT003EN.HTM

Is she the younger sister to Viveca, the name sort of goes with the theme the parents might have chosen for their girls ...

Also, is Viveca from Swedish descent? Sweden and Finland weren't exactly the best of friends in the past and even fought wars between them.

Yes, Fanny as well as Matias in Novice boys are Viveca´s siblings. Fanny is current national junior champion. Also Monica, ice dancer, is her sister. They have also old brother, but he is not ice skater, I don´t know has he skated or not before. Finland has 5 % minority people, who talk Swedish as they native language, and Viveca´s and her siblings names refer they were swedish talking, but I think their language is Finnish. Viveca writes her instagram only in Finnish (vs. junior skater Vera Stolt, who is Swedish talking; she uses both languages). She has also had some college graduation exams and because she told she had "long Swedish", it refers to that Swedish is not her mother language.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Good to see figure skating is strong in Finland.
Viveca's Bronze in the Europeans secured Finland 3 spots, which is excellent.

Given it's small population, Finland is remarkably strong in rhythmic gymnastics too, certainly the strongest nation from Scandinavia in both these very artistic sports.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
They will announce tomorrow. Emmi is 1st substitute, but I wonder why they do not announce it right away.

Her season is over. She has had back problems this year and quite a lot healthy problems. I hope she is able to be back. It seems always when a Finn starts to move near the top, she will be soon injured. Let´s hope Viveca will be in good condition next year and stronger than ever before.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Does this mean Viveca lost her chance to get an invite or two to GP-series ? Or is her ranking enough high already?

DenissVFan

Medalist
She's not in top 24 SB but very close. I think she's very likely to get a GP or even two, as there are more Russians than spots.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I write this also here. She has withdrawn from nationals. It means she can not get a spot for Europeans.