Viveca Lindfors | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Viveca Lindfors

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am heartbroken for her. I do hope they still send her to Worlds- I think it is cruel to tell a skater they definitely have a spot then take it away.

butters

Rinkside
This is why I always hated the rule for only allowing the top 24 skaters in the short to advance to the free skate. I know it would be mathematically impossible for them to land on the podium, but I still can't help but feel bad for them. I was also really looking forward to seeing Viveca skate in the free. I guess relatively speaking she is pretty young, so she has a lot of time to improve and succeed in this sport. Still, it makes me sad for her.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I am heartbroken for her. I do hope they still send her to Worlds- I think it is cruel to tell a skater they definitely have a spot then take it away.

It seems she is still going for Worlds, atleast that is what was mentioned at the website of the finnish fed.

Violetti

On the Ice

She is going to Worlds. I think Finns do not have that kind of mindset that would allow them to take the spot away. I never even thought that could happen. She earned her spot with her best of Finnish ladies score of the season and she truly has the highest potential at the time.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I had the impression she was "trying too hard" at junior world's, maybe it was nerves.
She has shown before, that she is capable of so much more. I hope she will prove this again in Boston.

Revenge in Boston, Viveca!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Call me shallow, but I'm visiting here, just driven by curiosity on the beautiful name sounding like a classical film star without knowing anything about the skater. By quick searching for images of the unknown skater, well, the named actress actually existed! (with so many b/w photos)

For the next time, I must add "skater" to her name when searching. Anyway, the fact makes me curious about the skater. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Vili67

On the Ice
I really hope that Viveca can do his best in Boston and go to FS
My thumbs are really high up :thumbsup:

TMC

Record Breaker
Call me shallow, but I'm visiting here, just driven by curiosity on the beautiful name sounding like a classical film star without knowing anything about the skater. By quick searching for images of the unknown skater, well, the named actress actually existed! (with so many b/w photos)

For the next time, I must add "skater" to her name when searching. Anyway, the fact makes me curious about the skater. :biggrin:

Wouldn't it be cool if she did an exhibition to some film score that the original Lindfors was in? Dressed in B&W of course, hair in a 40s style :biggrin:

TMC

Record Breaker
Good luck to Viveca today! I hope she will make the LP cut off!

If she does and does well, this is going to be great for Finnish figure skating. If I remember correctly, we haven't had a dance couple in the free for like 20 years, and it must be at least three years since we had a lady make it out of the SPs.

Vili67

On the Ice
Wouldn't it be cool if she did an exhibition to some film score that the original Lindfors was in? Dressed in B&W of course, hair in a 40s style :biggrin:

That sounds nice.
Even though actress Viveca was from Sweden.
But i can picture in my head Viveca dress as a 40s filmstar:clapper:

TMC

Record Breaker
That sounds nice.
Even though actress Viveca was from Sweden.
But i can picture in my head Viveca dress as a 40s filmstar:clapper:

Yes, I know she was Swedish - Viveca Jr could still play her, no? ;)

Vili67

On the Ice
Im happy for Viveca's debut in world champions.
20 overall results is good in first competition.

After little failure in junior's this is good.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm also happy for her :yahoo: Her program was well skated and she has something to build on next year!! I do think she is a very promising skater.