2015 Mordovian Ornament Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 Mordovian Ornament Ice Dance SD and FD

Barb

Record Breaker
The problem with the paint in the costume of Ruslan is I think the colors don´t combine with the flowers in the dress of Elena.
I think they should to try only 2 sets of twizzles.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
If they prefer one foot please at least change into the catch foot twizzles. That is easier to control, they can move even faster, will look closer than before. They can get a +3 quality twizzles. Why they are doing +1,+2 quality twizzles? :rolleye:

Ruslan didn't hold one leg position for 3 seconds in first lift. They might lost a level there also.
Apparently they did not lose a level there

http://fsrussia.ru/results/1516/CSRUS2015/CSRUS2015_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf
Protocols

elif

Medalist
Hmm. I need to read combination lift rules again. This year rules changed. Maybe their transition to combo lift counting as difficult exit. If it is, difficult entry and pose by Elena and exit might be enough for level4.

Lota

Record Breaker
Nice performance from I/Z. Though, when I think Frida, Delobel/Shoenfelder still come to mind :laugh:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I saw somewhere that Ruslena needed to win this event to gain points and be in the 2nd group at CoC. Is it right?

Kittosuni

Medalist
Lots of room for improvement. Ruslan was very nervous. They cant make this kind of silly errors during big events. The dance is screaming world champion so if they go clean i think the judges will be willing to give them a medal. Not a perfect day for my fave teams T/T and I/Z but im satisfied

uhh

Medalist
I counted the difficult position for Ruslan and I got 3 seconds comfortablely. Not sure I like the changes they made to the straight line lift.
I don't understand why they always have problems with the twizzles in the FD when they do them perfectly on the SD. Maybe stamina?

Marta25

Medalist
I saw somewhere that Ruslena needed to win this event to gain points and be in the 2nd group at CoC. Is it right?

They have to be above Testa/Csolley in the World Ranking to get into the second group. They were 276 points behind T/C and this win gives them 300 points, so they are now in the second SD group.

elif

Medalist
I read rules again. Lucky for him, this year Ruslan can get away with not holding his leg 3 seconds. For level4 lift 3 out of 4 features is enough. Elena's difficult pose (1), difficult entry (2) and difficult exit (3) means level4. Problem is they can't do exit, because it is combination lift. Even more strange thing is they don't need exit feature for rotational lift because it is already level4 without difficult exit. :confused:

Any Level 3 Short Lift (except Rotational Lift Option 2) forming any of the two parts of a Combination Lift is upgraded to
Level 4 if the Short Lift forming the
first/second part of the Combination Lift is performed:
- when the first part of the Combination Lift is a Stationary, Straight Line or Curve Lift: with an Entry Feature,

- when the second part of the Combination Lift is a Stationary, Straight Line or Curve Lift: with an Exit Feature,
- when the first part of the Combination Lift is a Rotational Lift Option 1b: with an Entry Feature excluding Group
of examples b) (entry from a Difficult Position for the lifting partner) ,
- when the second part of the Combination Lift is a Rotational Lift Option 1b: with an Exit Feature excluding Group
of examples b) (exit from a Difficult Position for the lifting partner)

- when the first part of the Combination Lift is a Rotational Lift Option 2: with a One Hand/Arm Rotational Lift
Extra Feature, a Rotational Lift Option 2 Level 3 forming any of the two parts of a Combination Lift is upgraded
to Level 4 if it is performed with a One Hand/Arm Rotational Lift Extra Feature.

Last edited:

turgon97

On the Ice
I understand that its inclusion makes their twizzle sequence more difficult, but I really wish I/Z would do something about that 2nd set of twizzles. It's always looked clumsy and awkward, especially when compared to that glorious, gorgeous first set.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I understand that its inclusion makes their twizzle sequence more difficult, but I really wish I/Z would do something about that 2nd set of twizzles. It's always looked clumsy and awkward, especially when compared to that glorious, gorgeous first set.

Their edge coming out of the first set is so deep and I think it throws them off a bit. I appreciate the difficulty though.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree. I hope someone can tell them this on their Facebook fanpage.

turgon97

On the Ice
I agree. I hope someone can tell them this on their Facebook fanpage.

Yea, the difficulty of that change of edge does make sense, but theyve been iffy on it for quite some time, especially towards the end of last season, onwards (perhaps it's starting to become a mental block?). It just looks like someone is about to fall over when they change to that position and the speed slows drastically.
Maybe an easier position would glean more points overall in regards to +GOE's anyway, especially with stricter international judging.

Ive liked what Monko/khaliavin did to improve their twizzles.