2015 Mordovian Ornament Pairs SP and Free Skate

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
:eek:

Mother of tortoises, 76?!? :eek:

LIKE, HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?

Level 4s and good +GOE. :)

That's actually still a few points away from the 84+ earned by Trankov/Volosozhar at the Olympics!

But a very good result, nonetheless! :cheer:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
No Tarasova??? :scratch:
Did you watch the official stream or TheFSRussia's videos? In any case, if she is was not there, probably she was not even supposed to commentate everything. Perhaps just men/singles. After all, she is not young anymore, it might be too exhausting fro her to sit through all of this.

I stupidly looked at the schedule here, not in the official page. Missed the pairs, so I am, once again, thankful for TheFSRussia's videos.

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Did you watch the official stream, or TheFSRussia's videos? In any case, if she is was not there, probably she was not even supposed to commentate everything. Perhaps just men/singles. After all, she is not young anymore, it might be too exhausting fro her to sit through all of this.

I'm watching an official stream, and I see her in the headphones with someone at her commentator's position. But it looks she's not commenting. Maybe she's waiting for ice dance? :)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Kavagut/Smirnov's SP is lovely. Nice positions in the last spin, very fitting. And I like him wearing that red bow tie.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
:eek:

Mother of tortoises, 76?!? :eek:

LIKE, HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?
:laugh: I still can't believe my eyes... Is it a personal best SP score for them? 35.44 for PCS? Just unbelievable! Yeah, they performed it well, but over 76 for their first competition in the very early season? Their indomitable will has won over the panel judges there? Still, congratulations to them on their flying start for the new season! :cheer2:

Reynnou

On the Ice
Kavaguti and Smirnov were good but their short program is way too cheesy for me...

Are protocols available somewhere ?

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
oh my
K/S !:rock::rock: yeah yeah generous scores but they were aces!:bow:
& if THATS how u skate when you supposedly dont have connection to the music (I dont believe u Yuko!:biggrin:) then I cant belive how awesome it will look when they WILL get into that! :love:

exerym

On the Ice
I'm watching an official stream, and I see her in the headphones with someone at her commentator's position. But it looks she's not commenting. Maybe she's waiting for ice dance? :)

She is commenting for the local TV Channel that broadcast the event live in Mordovia.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Yes, that repetitive tune is so annoying, :mad: but their performance to it went really smoothly and beautifully.

I agree that the music is repetitive and schmaltzy. They certainly skated their program well, and I thought that Yuko looked a little less 'fragile' than in seasons past, which was nice to see. That said, I didn't see much in the way of connection between them (which is particularly problematic in a program such as this) and/or facial expression. I am not exactly convinced that they are portraying the meaning of the music.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I agree that the music is repetitive and schmaltzy. They certainly skated their program well, and I thought that Yuko looked a little less 'fragile' than in seasons past, which was nice to see. That said, I didn't see much in the way of connection between them (which is particularly problematic in a program such as this) and/or facial expression. I am not exactly convinced that they are portraying the meaning of the music.
I think an Asian lady usually finds it a bit embarrassing or uneasy to show some kind of connection in competitions with her partner to whom she is not emotionally related in real life. :laugh: