2015 Mordovian Ornament Ladies SP and Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Mordovian Ornament Ladies SP and Free Skate

Caustica

Final Flight
Wow! Adelina did really well. She looks in shape! Now I'm surprised she's not doing GPs.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Amazing skate by Adelina but she should not get 75+ with that jump content and only the 2A in the second half. the WR is barely a few points more and that is with a 3A done by the amazing Mao. Liza barely scored better at worlds and that with a 3A, 3lz and the 3-3 combo in the second half. However, I must say I loved both the program and the performance. Amazing. So far, my favorite SP this season. Even her most devoted haters should acknowledge that she improved almost every aspect in her skating since Sochi. She must upgrade her content though. For the SP it may be enough if she skates like this considering her PCS margin but her LP so far has bean clearly watered down. Bring back the 3Lz-3Loop :)

Kittosuni

Medalist
Wow quite surprised how good Adelina is. Those jumps were huge but kinda expected when she is on. But her performance really improved. Very engaging. A bit overscored maybe 71-73 is more deserve. I know looks shouldnt matter but she looks very beautiful and womanly

tulosai

Record Breaker
Haters gonna hate but Adelina was flawless in my book other than the last spin which traveled a bit :love: Yes the scores are a bit inflated at this competition in general but that was superb, and my favorite part is how she looked like she was having the time of her life doing it. It really just makes you want to smile and start to skate yourself. From my perspective AWESOME job!! :cheer:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That would have been quite low, actually.

I would definitely agree. The problem for me with some ladies SP or FP is that they're hard to capture my interest and make me want to watch again and again. Unlike men's SP and FP where I see more "spark." But this? I want to watch again and again!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
SkaterTESPCSTotal Score
Adelina SOTNIKOVA39.0136.5675.57
Maria ARTEMIEVA28.6929.1257.81
Anastasia GALUSTYAN24.7525.4850.23
Fruzsina MEDGYESI21.8422.5244.36
Aiza MAMBEKOVA15.5319.4033.93

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Oh it went better than well!!! And yeah, I got nothing. I got up early to see absolutely nothing. She did look happy during the footwork for the 2 secs that I saw. lol

Yes, way better than well - that was awesome!!! :love:
Loved how she went full on attack with everything and just had fun, I couldn't stop smiling throughout the whole program. Way to go Adelina! :rock:

And thank you tulosai for putting up the videos so fast!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haters gonna hate but Adelina was flawless in my book other than the last spin which traveled a bit :love: Yes the scores are a bit inflated at this competition in general but that was superb, and my favorite part is how she looked like she was having the time of her life doing it. It really just makes you want to smile and start to skate yourself. From my perspective AWESOME job!! :cheer:

Exactly! That was the one thing that made me want to watch this over and over again. And it's for me to see that sometimes in ladies' skaters. Unlike for me personally for men's single skaters. However, this SP, I already have seen twice on YouTube and want to watch it for a 3rd time.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
She did 3Lz-3Loop at practices in Saransk, so I think we just should wait a little bit :)

Sounds great! From all the 3lz-3Loop I've seen from the ladies, I think Adelina does it the best. Her loop if huge! I would love to see her landing it again

chezzu

On the Ice
Amazing skate by Adelina! By doing a beautiful 3T-3T she was able to capitalize on GOE instead of relying on a risky (but high BV) 3Lz-3Lo. Especially considering Adelina doesn't have a true lutz. Maybe she's trying the same strategy Liza did last season? Easier tech content but building up consistency and reputation points. Though she /must/ bring up her tech value by Nationals if she wants to get on the Euros/Worlds team.

Strategy aside, it is SO lovely to have her back! Her jumps are reaaally high and her spin positions are amazing. Her SS looks much improved and she seems happier than ever! Best of luck to her in the LP tomorrow!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes, way better than well - that was awesome!!! :love:
Loved how she went full on attack with everything and just had fun, I couldn't stop smiling throughout the whole program. Way to go Adelina! :rock:

And thank you tulosai for putting up the videos so fast!

The real credit goes to the Russian Federation who is posting them quite quickly on their own youtube, but yes, I am trying to get them here ASAP :)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

:thumbsup:

And yes the score is inflated, as a lot of Senior B scores tend to be, but aside from the 3A ladies and maybe a full on Gracie Gold, I don't think anyone could beat that. And rightfully so.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Awesome skate Adelina! I think she was overscored, but so do others & her score would be high anyway. Congrats! Glad she's in good disposition :cheer: