2015 Italy's 18th Merano Cup - Nov. 12-15 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Italy's 18th Merano Cup - Nov. 12-15

tulosai

Record Breaker
Something I think Russia does right is that it sends a lot of its strong but definitely B team skaters (particularly the ladies) to MANY minor events. For instance Leonova and Artemieva will both be here even though Maria's already done 3 B events this year and Leonova's already done 2 plus a GP. I think it is a good thing that they offer these skaters these experiences and chances.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Something I think Russia does right is that it sends a lot of its strong but definitely B team skaters (particularly the ladies) to MANY minor events. For instance Leonova and Artemieva will both be here even though Maria's already done 3 B events this year and Leonova's already done 2 plus a GP. I think it is a good thing that they offer these skaters these experiences and chances.

yeah its great and i wish Chinese Federation would do the same :sarcasm:

tulosai

Record Breaker
yeah its great and i wish Chinese Federation would do the same :sarcasm:

Yes me too, but really it's even something the USA could do better with... they tend to give their strong but clearly B team skaters only one senior B a year, even the ones that have the potential to break into the A group, and while the field in the USA is deep if not super especially strong, it's not really like they have more girls than Russia to keep track of/worry about. Edmunds didn't actually get a B at all this year (though maybe that was a result of the USFSA thinking she was a cut above the rest of their B team girls, which it turns out she's not), Chen and Hicks only got 1, Miller only got 1, and so on. Nagasu's the only B team skater I can think of that got 2. They are sending no one to the Warsaw cup even though it would cost them nothing to do so, and are only sending one lady to Tallinn even though they could for sure send 2 and maybe 3. They sent no one to Cup of Nice and to some other non Challenger events they could have sent skaters to. With the other disciplines it's just as bad. Since, like I said, its not actually USFSA who has to pay for the girls to go to the vast majority of these competitions, this is something I don't really 'get'.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://fsnews.ru/page.php?id=2645

Yikes, Maria...:(

Alena Leonova a clear advantage today won the long program at Merano Cup, it does not seem surprising - the level of competitors is much lower. Russian woman has gone successfully stage 3T + 3T, and from the mistakes - fall from 3F, a vague edge on 3Lz, butterfly on salhove.
Maria Artemyev won the final in fifth place. In the long program with a triple lutz fall, which again failed to "attach" cascade unfortunate departure from 3S, falling on the first double Axel, a butterfly on the next.

Name A country Points SP FS
1 Alena LEONOVA RUS 176.66 1 1
2 Giada RUSSO ITA 151.06 3 2
3 Elizaveta UKOLOVA CZE 140.75 5 3
4 Isabelle OLSSON SWE 137.87 2 5
5 Maria ARTEMEVA RUS 137.10 4 4
6 Tanja ODERMATT SUI 125.09 eleven 6

http://fsnews.ru/page-id-2646.html

As expected, Konstantin Menchov won the tournament in the Italian Merano. In the long program, he went on a three quads, two of which were successful. Clean has been executed stage 4T-3T, quadruple Salchow. Problems arose in the triple axel and quad toe loop, leave that unmistakably failed. For any program Russians scored 151.15 points, winning the PP.

Name A country Points SP FS
1 Konstantin MENSHOV RUS 229.08 1 1
2 Matteo RIZZO ITA 182.20 4 2
3 Jiri BELOHRADSKY CZE 179.28 5 3
4 Nicola TODESCHINI SUI 175.26 3 4
5 Maurizio ZANDRON ITA 168.35 2 6
6 Paul ARRATEIG FRA 162.94 7 5