Sean Rabbitt | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sean Rabbitt

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean is currently in 13th place with 54.34 points. Hopefully he'll bounce back in the FS.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Such a great story! I am glad he is popular there, he deserves to be!

I'm also really hoping he'll get an actual B this year :)

I would consider Skate Canada Autumn Classic an actual B -- Sean earned World Standings points there last year :).

But I of course would love for him to get a Challenger B this year, if that is what you mean.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I would consider Skate Canada Autumn Classic an actual B -- Sean earned World Standings point there last year :).

But I of course would love for him to get a Challenger B this year, if that is what you mean.

I mean I'd like it if he's able to compete at a competition where he can actually get a seasons best score for the Seasons Best list. I didn't mean to diminish the achievement that competing at the Autumn Classic was for him but he did score over 200 there, and if he'd be able to improve on that by really just a few points at a Challenger B, he actually could potentially be in the mix to get one GP spot, particularly given a few withdrawals as almost always happen. That's something I'd really love for him to have the opportunity to do- even if he didn't score high enough to get a GP, to have the potential to do so. While it's great he's on the World standings list now (and I really really mean that) obviously one international a year isn't going to be enough to get him much higher on it.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I mean I'd like it if he's able to compete at a competition where he can actually get a seasons best score for the Seasons Best list. I didn't mean to diminish the achievement that competing at the Autumn Classic was for him but he did score over 200 there, and if he'd be able to improve on that by really just a few points at a Challenger B, he actually could potentially be in the mix to get one GP spot, particularly given a few withdrawals as almost always happen. That's something I'd really love for him to have the opportunity to do- even if he didn't score high enough to get a GP, to have the potential to do so. While it's great he's on the World standings list now (and I really really mean that) obviously one international a year isn't going to be enough to get him much higher on it.
Wasn't Sean also at Golden Spin (which was part of Challenger Series) ? The thing is, his score was lower there than at Autumn Classic :( But, we cannot acuse USFS of not sending him to Challenger, cause they did. Of course, I also wish he gets another assingment to a Challenger next season! :cheer:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wasn't Sean also at Golden Spin (which was part of Challenger Series) ? The thing is, his score was lower there than at Autumn Classic :( But, we cannot acuse USFS of not sending him to Challenger, cause they did. Of course, I also wish he gets another assingment to a Challenger next season! :cheer:

Thx for the reminder :). I too had forgotten about last year's Golden Spin :hopelessness:.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sean's current trip to Japan, where he is teaching a seminar :cool:, is the subject of the second section of this article:

The Inside Edge: Ge toughs through injury at worlds
Fashion aficionado battles ankle pain, personal loss; Rabbitt hops to Japan
(emphasis added)
Posted 4/7/16
by Sarah. S Brannen, special to icenetwork
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2016/04/07/170968744

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm not suprised, being redhead helps :biggrin:

I was going to say, I do think his appearance probably helps ;) but I am very happy for him that he is indeed being recognized and treated kindly there, and also that he's making time to talk to the fans (though from what I know of him or at least think of him based on his actions and words that we know of, it surprises me not at all). His Japanese must be coming in very useful too, I bet he's really happy he's been able to (and chosen to) study it so much!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I've also updated Sean's OP witha few programs from this season and several of the articles that have been shared on this thread :yahoo: