Sean Rabbitt | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sean Rabbitt

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Sean at the upcoming US Nats from me as well! :cheer: Sean's my sentimental favorite there. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Congrats to Sean on his amazing LP at Nationals :cheer: It was such a pleasure to see him skate just about as well as he is capable of and finish 8th at Nationals- his highest placement there ever!!! :yahoo: I hope he'll get another international next season!!

Plumededragon

Medalist
Congrats to Sean on his amazing LP at Nationals :cheer: It was such a pleasure to see him skate just about as well as he is capable of and finish 8th at Nationals- his highest placement there ever!!! :yahoo: I hope he'll get another international next season!!
It was clearly amazing. Like lot of people, I found about him last year in AC, with Yuzu and Nam, and I love to see how he keeps progressing. I also hope he'll have other international competitions. He deserves so. :cheer:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean's FS was so much fun, he's a great performer with charisma, even if he doesn't have the most difficult of tech content. I didn't realize he was 26, so he's also one of the older (25+) men's competitors along with Adam Rippon and Grant Hochstein.

I've been following his Instagram, he's always showing his workouts and often writes his messages in Japanese, presumably to his Japanese fans.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
His program was so much fun to watch. But his reaction to the standing ovation was almost as great! So happy for him and I am sure it will be a moment he will never forget.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just got back home from US Nationals! Sean's free skate was magnificent, and I'm thrilled he had his best finish @ US Nationals to date! I am livid that NBC didn't have the good sense to show his fs on the broadcast! It was truly magical! Thank goodness you can watch it on icenetwork & on Youtube, thanks to a Japanese fan (commentary is in Japanese)!

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
His skate was indeed magical. His reaction to his well-deserved standing ovation was priceless!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not here to toot my own horn, but I actually got in the video! I'm the fan who gave him a hug & Beanie Baby "Thumper" (Sean is a "rabbitt," after all), standing next to the fan who gave him a plush zebra. My shy husband Mark is standing next to me, busily taking pictures of it all. :biggrin:

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
:yahoo: Many many congrats to Sean for his 8th finish at US Nats!!! :yahoo:

His FS was so much fun! During the first half of his FS, to tell the truth, I was teasing him while watching it on TV with my husband saying 'oh c'mon, Sean. Too many stoppings and dancing on ice, it's not an exhibition'. But just wow to the final one minute full of energy and charm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VVd1sO4xLY!
Such a great performer and crowd-pleaser he is. Who can not smile watching him skate. :yes:

Reading iluvtodd's report is a BIG bonus for his fans incl me who couldn't attend the competition live. :thank::thank: iluvtodd!

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish I did, but maybe someone who speaks Japanese can translate it for us. :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I heard Sean speaking Japanese in the Kiss & Cry while they were waiting for his marks. I heard "Konnichiwa" but was lost beyond that. Anyone know what he said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtXDJICB1_8&feature=youtu.be&t=7m42s

"Hello everyone! Good wasn't it? Was Strong!"
I must say, his accent is pretty good, the words come naturally.
The choice of words 'Yokatta ne' is not usually said in reference to ones self, but the meaning that he's glad he did well gets across.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any word on how Sean's whole competition @ Glacier Falls went?

Looking forward to seeing him (and Max & the rest of the field) later this week in Aston, PA! :hap10:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to Sean's Facebook page, he has announced a change in his short program for this season. His short program had been "Tequila," which was loads of fun & very entertaining. Competitively speaking he will now skate to music from "Somewhere in Time."

deedee1

Record Breaker
Here's my sincere wish a great and injury-free season for Sean! :cheer::cheer: He's truly a joy to watch. :agree:

jacky

On the Ice
I love sean he is a terrific skater. I caint wait too see him skate this season, iunderstand he coaches also that's great.:hap10:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad I got to see Tequila, and sad to see it go, but whatever makes Sean happy:clap: I know he will give it his all and put on a great skate:agree: