Team Alexei Mishin | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Team Alexei Mishin

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

If you want some more photos, I posted a link to Elisabetta Leccardi's photos from the camp over in the Team Italy thread last week:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?80670&p=2423820&viewfull=1#post2423820

She has since posted this Polaroid photo of some of the Italaian and Russian skaters that took part:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0T2GQIoROE/

Oh, just to warn you, in case you are wondering why there are only 8 tags when there are actually 9 people in the Polaroid photo, it is because she didn't bother tagging herself (back row, next to Gabriele Frangipani).

CaroLiza_fan

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
t.a.tarasova: Dear Alyosha! Alexei Nikolayevich! Congratulations! I wish you health! Interest in your profession! Inventiveness! I wish your students charm and victories! Tanyukha, I wish you health and patience! I'm happy, that we live and work contemporaneously. I wish you sping mood. Yours TAT
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9eOi_7pbld/
(I think she means his wife, when she writes "Tanyukha")

Happy birthday!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Happy Birthday to the Professor! :hb:

Here's to many more years of coaching :biggrin:

Also :laugh: at TAT's birthday wishes, that was nice of her!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I found this writing from Doctor philosofy, one of the bloggers on sports.ru forum. https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/umnoefk/2783520.html
He analyzed Mishin's ex student, Plushenko but this is about Mishin's work because he started his blog with this sentence:

Have you heard that Mishin’s students are doing a jump-jump, and Plushenko didn’t have transitions? This is utter nonsense, and in this post we will analyze why.

Often in Internet figure skating communities, when discussing the speeches of pupils and pupils of Alexei Mishin from fans, you can hear the opinion that the Professor is twenty years behind the present and could not switch to a new judging system, that he has skaters doing a jump-jump, and that he never had component skaters at all. This stereotype is surprisingly tenacious: it would seem that it’s hindering now, when both modern videos and records of past years are available on the World Wide Web, to revise them and make sure the opposite? I recently watched some of Evgeni Plushenko’s programs from different periods of his long brilliant career and drew attention to how his hands and hands work clearly and his fingers are extended - in a word, you can have a different attitude to which choreography and which programs he performed ,

And then I reviewed the rental of Eugene at the European Championships in Sheffield and that’s how it was. In general, it is useful to review old programs as the audience accumulates experience - you can discover a lot of new things that you did not pay attention to before. And I was bored because I discovered that his programs were made in full accordance with the requirements of the new judiciary, in particular regarding tranches. I tell you what I looked at there in a new light and what I saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX6s8tRPP7Y

To begin with, take a short program and carefully look at the part in which the jumps are located. In a short rental, Plushenko did not jump the fourth jump, he performed the 3-3 cascade as the first element. It is noteworthy that the speed cuts are located along the short side, ending in one corner of the skating rink, and the cascade is in the opposite. Why? And because there is a whole block of tranches between them: steps and turns that precede the approach to the Lutz-sheepskin coat - on the left foot three back-inward, three forward-outward, fly back-inward, Choktau forward-inward. And only then, after moving forward, a direct approach to the cascade - cross, fly, cross, hauling.

After the cascade, of course, there is also a speed-gaining section, but the next jump itself, the triple axel, is preceded by a combination of two turns. I must say, if anyone noticed, now such approaches as difficult have become very popular: last season, trixel calls, which consist of two turns - a hook with a hook - and a constriction in front of the ax fly, were included in their programs by Alena Kostornaya, Daniel Grassl , Joon Hwang Cha; Nathan Chen performed a less complex variation of this approach — with two triples — in a free program, and as part of a more complex approach, Yuzuru Hanyu used this combination several years ago.

In an eight-year-old video, Evgeni Plushenko demonstrates that he is slowly starting to enter the arsenal of top skaters: he performs turns on his right leg when entering the triple axel - hook back and forth, hook forward and inside. Compared to the similar most difficult approaches of our time, Eugene does a little easier - he changes his leg with a wide step and back - with the help of a chassis, achieving the same effect of changing the edges as when performing the hauling, and after that it arises to make the transition to forward and jump. After the trixel, the ligaments again, among which are the troika and choktau. Immediately before the triple rittberger, the rittberger triple is performed twice (triple, fly, transition to the right foot) - a solo jump from the steps in the short program, all according to the rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJtNXvyWbg

If someone thinks that this is Eugene just made the program easier, so everything is so dashing from the steps, then it’s a surprise for you - in front of the four sheepskin coat in Eugene’s free program there are tranches that are very similar to those performed by him in front of the triple lutz in short - also two triples, a fly, Choktau, a cross step, a wide step, a chassis, after a turn - a three, a change of foot, a quadruple with a trip to the three and a bower.

Hello people! Have you seen this? Steps at the entrance to the quadruple, difficult exit from the quadruple. Vestimo, this is the very Mishinsky run-up jump, with stories about which some fans are trying so hard to regale us :)

The first trixel in an arbitrary program is performed with a simple approach - it stands almost immediately after the fourth, Eugene only manages to rebuild and gain speed - and the rittberger triple in front of the rittberger is also this time alone. But from the same approach, as in the short one - a hook and a hook - a trixel-triple sheepskin cascade is executed. Two triple Lutz - cascade and solo - are preceded by three points, after which the athlete already performs cross, fly, cross and hauling. Salchow in combination - from the troika and mohawk. Dupel without any frills, from the arc, but immediately after the choreo track, without preparation. That is, in fact, all kinds of jumps that were included in the program, Eugene at least once performed from some creative approaches, but just from the steps and did almost everything.

To summarize. Allegations that Mishin was behind the times, stuck in the old judging system, doesn’t know how to use the new one, that his athletes are incompetent, don’t know how to ride, ride a jump-start, and so on is a complete myth. Please - the most famous, iconic student of the Professor, who competed most of his career even before the introduction of the new judging system, which was forced to reorganize along the way, showed us in his programs a very worthy set of tranches and difficult jump approaches even in modern times. It is impressive that he did this work in just a month: at the national championship of that season, his programs had not yet been finalized, the most interesting ligaments were added specifically for speaking at the European Championship. This indicates,

"Incomponent" Plushenko, you say?

Yes, right now.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
15 thoughts of Aleksey Mishin

0.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
There will be a celebratory show for Professor Mishin's 80th birthday!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CK8kR-ppm5l/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

6 MARCH 2021, 17:00 - Birthday show of the honoured coach Alexei Mishin.
SC Yubileyny, St. Petersburg, Dobrolyubova Ave., 18 (Metro Sports), Ticket price from 500 to 2500

Participants will be: Alina Zagitova and Evgeni Plushenko. Alena Kostornaia and Mikhail Kolyada. Alexandra Boikova and Dmitriy Kozlovski, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and Dmitry Aliev. Alexandra Trusova and Artur Gachinski ( 🥰 ). Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin, Anastasia Mishina and Alexandr Galliamov and other famous skaters. Presenter Maxim Trankov.

I hope there will be a TV broadcast or at least some fan videos! :pray:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Tanja Flade just posted on insta that a release of Professor Mishin's autobiography in English is in the works! Yay!!!!! :hb:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLOXDrHpCUc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
This will be a brilliant read. I am very interested in Russian culture and to learn about Mishin's career against the backdrop of some of the developments in Russia during this timeframe will be especially fascinating.

As a teaser, an article about the Professor was posted on IFS magazine:

ALEXEI MISHIN – AGE IS JUST A STATE OF MIND

By Tatjana Flade ©IFS | Feb 11, 2021

Over the past six decades, renowned Russian coach Alexei Mishin has witnessed —and been a part of — the evolution of figure skating. His contributions to the sport are legendary and, at age 79, he remains as invested as he was 60 years ago...

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Tanja Flade just posted on insta that a release of Professor Mishin's autobiography in English is in the works! Yay!!!!! :hb:
OMG!! This is so exciting! I select biographies for the library I work at, so this is a must buy!

Well maybe not, but I'll definitely get it for myself.

And that photoshoot is so boss! Love the white suit!! 🥰

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It the Mafia Godfather birthday bash going to be streamed somewhere?
Yes it is. Not live though, but local SPB tv Channel 78 will air a recording of the show on Monday. I'll post the link once I'm back at my laptop. You'll need a vpn to view the stream if you are not in Russia.