Team Alexei Mishin | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Team Alexei Mishin

adelia

Record Breaker
Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thank you everyone for all the links! I am slowly but surely adding them to the original post.

I know I'm the one who created this thread, but quite honestly, I never actually knew Mischin was this interesting :rofl: I knew I respected his coaching and admired his no nonsense, common sense philosophies and statements he expresses in interviews, but he really has had a pretty fascinating life on top of that :rock:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...934.1073741826.100001529231768&type=3&theater

:)

Artur Dmitriev Jr. set a new PB at the Ice Challenge today in Graz - 84.46, less than a point behind Jason Brown. I haven't found his program on Youtube yet, hopefully someone will upload it (or you can search through the archived stream, but idk if anyone is that interested). He seemed like he was channeling Plushy from the opening 4T-3T. It's nice to see him getting off to a good start this season, and I honestly would love to see him win this thing, but I won't get my hopes too high.

tulosai

Record Breaker
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...934.1073741826.100001529231768&type=3&theater

:)

Artur Dmitriev Jr. set a new PB at the Ice Challenge today in Graz - 84.46, less than a point behind Jason Brown. I haven't found his program on Youtube yet, hopefully someone will upload it (or you can search through the archived stream, but idk if anyone is that interested). He seemed like he was channeling Plushy from the opening 4T-3T. It's nice to see him getting off to a good start this season, and I honestly would love to see him win this thing, but I won't get my hopes too high.

Wonderful program!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Wishing the best of luck to Liza and Sasha for Skate Canada. Whether they try 3As or quads or whatever, I just hope they skate well and walk off the ice smiling.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
:rofl::cheer:

Artur just beat Jason Brown, first gold medal at a senior B for him? You really NEVER know what will happen with the men! I must say I'm totally impressed by his improvement this season. Probably nobody would have expected him to be scoring >247, myself included. Mishin obviously saw the potential there, so well done to both of them!

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
:rofl::cheer:

Artur just beat Jason Brown, first gold medal at a senior B for him? You really NEVER know what will happen with the men! I must say I'm totally impressed by his improvement this season. Probably nobody would have expected him to be scoring >247, myself included. Mishin obviously saw the potential there, so well done to both of them!

I truly think he has a gift for seeing potential, more than an average coach.

I just glimpsed him on the stream at Skate Canada and was pretty much just as excited as if I'd caught a glimpse of a skater :laugh2:

Hopefully Liza will do just as well as Artur here!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, seems like the wheel of fortune won't stay at its peak forever for one person. :slink: Hopefully Mishin and Liza will figure something out going forward.

Congrats to Artur Dmitriev--watching him last year, I wasn't quite sure where he was going or what Mishin was going to do with him.

Let's hope my well wishes for Sasha will work out better than they did for Liza.

adelia

Record Breaker
I truly think he has a gift for seeing potential, more than an average coach.

I just glimpsed him on the stream at Skate Canada and was pretty much just as excited as if I'd caught a glimpse of a skater :laugh2:

Hopefully Liza will do just as well as Artur here!
Well, Artur is extremely lucky, after what he and his mum did some years ago. Mishin has saved his career by taking him back, I hope he realizes this.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, Artur is extremely lucky, after what he and his mum did some years ago. Mishin has saved his career by taking him back, I hope he realizes this.

Is it indiscreet to ask what they did? (If it is - please feel perfectly free to ignore the question!:)) I remember reading somewhere that Artur Dimitriev senior was less than pleased with his son leaving Mishin, and said so - publicly.

adelia

Record Breaker
Is it indiscreet to ask what they did? (If it is - please feel perfectly free to ignore the question!:)) I remember reading somewhere that Artur Dimitriev senior was less than pleased with his son leaving Mishin, and said so - publicly.
No it's not indiscreet, nothing scandalous. He (or his mum) were "sweet-talked" to during his junior days and he left for Buyanova/TAT's group.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I remember reading somewhere that Artur Dimitriev senior was less than pleased with his son leaving Mishin, and said so - publicly.
Yes, his father said to the press that his son betrayed Mishin... :laugh:

Congratulations to Artur on his first gold medal at a senior B event since his come back to Mishin team!

adelia

Record Breaker
Yes, his father said to the press that his son betrayed Mishin... :laugh:
Not only angry with his son but with Tatiana Druchinina too. I mean at that time they (mother and son) were supposed to be on good terms with Mishin and she worked with Moskvina at the same rink too. Then a year after Dmitriev Jr left, she left Moskvina's group to help her son out. But now she's back again.

Last edited: