2016 Finnish Figure Skating Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Finnish Figure Skating Championships

Violetti

On the Ice
How disappointing for Emmi Peltonen to miss Nationals because of injury. No matter what happens with the jumps, I admire the beauty of her skating.

Question for those familiar with Finnish Figure Skating--does missing Nationals mean Emmi Peltonen won't have a chance for a JGP spot next season?

I can't recall how Anni Jarvenpaa did at last year's Nationals, but she did have two JGP spots this year. Not questioning that Anni earned them, she did and she skated well on the JGP; I'm just looking for alternate ways Emmi may yet earn a JGP spot next year.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I think it is how she will skate in competitions. On Finnish season's best list SM juniorit tytöt she is 6th.

http://www.stll.fi/tapahtumat-kilpailut/tulokset/season-best/yl-jt-pl-season-best-2015-2016/

So if she would be third or fourth on that list I think she could earn a spot.

skfan

Final Flight
I think it is how she will skate in competitions. On Finnish season's best list SM juniorit tytöt she is 6th.

http://www.stll.fi/tapahtumat-kilpailut/tulokset/season-best/yl-jt-pl-season-best-2015-2016/

So if she would be third or fourth on that list I think she could earn a spot.

Thank you Violetti for the information about Finnish season's best scores. Thank you TMC for the info on Anni's 2014-15 season. I wish all skaters good health, but fingers crossed especially for Emmi to get well soon :)

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
It is now offical. Viveca Lindfors, Valtter Virtanen and Törn/Partanen will represent Finland in Euros.

Bleh nothing against Virtanen, he works hard but Ive been waiting for any of the other guys to show up at Euros for years. Specially Versluis.

I guess Jarvenppa gets Junior WOrlds right. National champion should have more weight in the selection.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Bleh nothing against Virtanen, he works hard but Ive been waiting for any of the other guys to show up at Euros for years. Specially Versluis.

So have i!!! Feeling veeeery disappointed that the younger guys did not manage to beat Virtanen.

TMC

Record Breaker
So have i!!! Feeling veeeery disappointed that the younger guys did not manage to beat Virtanen.

Roman's epic spin splat :palmf: ............I'm also hoping that that will light a fire in him to do even better!

Wonder if they can send Galay to Worlds instead of Virtanen? After all, Roman's got the international SB (and FR) this season, non?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Happy for Virtanen, I really like the guy, he's my favourite Finnish men's skater. But I share the disappointment that both Galay and Versluis failed to beat him. If only they could skate clean and consistent. Especially Versluis - isn't he the only Finnish man attempting a quad?

A bit shocked that Lindfors didn't make the podium, but glad they still chose her for Europeans - I think she is the right choice, and hopefully she will prove it there.

Violetti

On the Ice
Wonder if they can send Galay to Worlds instead of Virtanen? After all, Roman's got the international SB (and FR) this season, non?

Roman's got over minimun technical score in SP but not yet in LP for Worlds. And he is the only one who's got even that. I think the one who will get both of them will go and then if there are two of them the one who's season's best score is better.

TMC

Record Breaker
Roman's got over minimun technical score in SP but not yet in LP for Worlds. And he is the only one who's got even that. I think the one who will get both of them will go and then if there are two of them the one who's season's best score is better.

Oh I see, thanks for the info!