karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
FS video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS8GhIfKy-E

in case karne has not seen it yet

I had not, thankyou! I like it so much already!

He looks tired at the end, but that's okay, it's July...can't wait to see this program with more mileage on it, assuming the first quad is going to be the one with the combo on it. Love that long edge change into the second 3A (well I assume it will be a 3A). Ahhhhhhhh, exciting!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Glacier Falls video is now up on IceNetwork - ungeoblocked and no subscription required!

Here is the men's SP - Brendan is at the 41 minute mark (ish).

I really like the Singin' in the Rain SP for him, and it will be even better with more mileage so that he can give us that charming grin as he does it!

I haven't had a chance yet to look at the LP video so I can't give you an approximate time stamp yet.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Watching Brendan's FS on IceNetwork this evening made me really catch my breath in awe at the sheer scale of his ambition. To go from one quad and two triple Axels, with a step sequence in the middle and a slower finish, to three quads, one in the second half, two triple Axels, and a step sequence at the end to faster music...

I am tormenting myself this evening trying to imagine what kind of score he could lay down if he nailed this program. His PB for the FS is 139ish...this could have him well over 150.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I updated Brendan's OP. I found videos of him going back to 2009 :clap:

He will be at 2016 Skate America.

If there are any changes or corrections needed, please tell me!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, thanks so much, doris!!!!! :yay:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
oooooooh I just saw his programm @ Glacier Falls:hap57: Anyone with POTC OST gets my vote :hap10:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brendan was great today! He was skating around like a bat out of hell! :laugh2: I loved his energy and his Pirates of the Caribbean music.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, here is Brendan's official thread. Just bringing it forward again. I thought I remembered writing in his thread during SA. Go Pirate Man!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm sooooooooooo keen to see where he's at at Worlds. The improvement at 4CC and then, even better, the improvement at AWG just a week later...!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It will be fun to see him at Worlds. Seems like all season he has improved with each competition. He is definitely heading in the right direction.

Warwick360

Medalist
I am sad that this thread has only 3 pages. :/

Maybe I should start pumping on the posts and get it to 30. :p

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think it's mostly because we keep forgetting he has his own thread and talk about him in the Australian thread.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Let's keep talking him up then ;)

He seriously has a lot of potential in him and I can see him cracking the top 10 next season if he continues with his form! He reminds me of what Javier was like when he first started, loads of good looks, charisma, the crowds like him and got better over time :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think more and more people are starting to notice him, too, which is great.

I always felt like he just needed a shot of confidence. I'm sure that last season, getting his first GP, scoring over 200 for the first time, setting PBs at Worlds, and then capping it all by winning Gardena helped, and then this season happened :love:. If he can skate awesomely at Worlds, it could be his big breakthrough. There's only so long the judges will hold down PCS when a little country skater breaks through.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had no idea his mom was an ice dancer. Learn something new every day...So what are the odds he is frantically practicing his quads even as we speak?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I had no idea his mom was an ice dancer. Learn something new every day...So what are the odds he is frantically practicing his quads even as we speak?

Yes, his mother went to the Olympics in 1988 :)

*looks at clock* Well, if my time calculations are correct, I am rather hoping he's tucked up in bed with his puppy, dreaming quad dreams.