Brendan Kerry | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Brendan Kerry

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You're really lucky with the times. Well, maybe not if you want to see all the men in the SP, but Brendan's skate should be at a reasonable hour.

He ended up skating around 10-10:20pm, so not too bad.

Way to go Brendan on the PB SP! 83!

And anyone in here who claims they did NOT make any kind of noise after he landed that 3A is a liar liar pants on fire :laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Does anyone have video link to Brendan's Worlds SP. I am unable to find it on YouTube. TIA! :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Does anyone have video link to Brendan's Worlds SP. I am unable to find it on YouTube. TIA! :)

Yes, sadly Brendan is one of those who was yonked from Youtube.

Mrs P however provided this link in the Jason fan fest to a Russian forum. Brendan is on page 2. Click on the grey button with Russian writing for the actual video and enjoy!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, sadly Brendan is one of those who was yonked from Youtube.

Mrs P however provided this link in the Jason fan fest to a Russian forum. Brendan is on page 2. Click on the grey button with Russian writing for the actual video and enjoy!

Thank you karne, but it was yanked by the time I got to it. Video gone due to breach of service/ rights something of that nature. :(

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you karne, but it was yanked by the time I got to it. Video gone due to breach of service/ rights something of that nature. :(

No, no, you have to click the grey button above that video, and another will appear. It still works, I just checked it.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
No, no, you have to click the grey button above that video, and another will appear. It still works, I just checked it.
I tried and it didn't work from my phone. It's very early am over here so i will have to check this later once i can get to my computer. Thanks again! :)

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just wanted to thank @karne for that video link. I was able to get it to work from my computer!! :biggrin:

GO BRENDAN!!!:rock:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't thank me, Mrs P put me onto it!

I am so ready for tonight!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Loved how Brendan jumped off the ice after his SP to give Tammy Gambill a giant hug.
Great photo of him still beaming at her at the same time that he is giving his next hug to Mark Pillay:
The photo is from the Facebook page for Helsinki 2017.
The kangaroo even got its own photo in the FB album:

And Brendan was completely adorable with Tammy and Mark in the Kiss and Cry.
(One of my many smiles came at Brendan's little gesture of adjusting his pink necktie, although it was intentionally loose.)

Brendan's SP no longer is blocked on YouTube:

Congratulations to Brendan for earning a spot for the Olympics :yay:.
Not to mention earning all the PBs in Helsinki.

ETA:
From the closing banquet in Helsinki, a photo of Brendan with Harley Windsor as well as Nathan Chen and Michaela Lucie Hanzlikova.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSZX1cTFtNR/?taken-by=michaela_lucie_hanzlikova (Apr 2)​

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And Brendan was completely adorable with Tammy and Mark in the Kiss and Cry.
(One of my many smiles came at Brendan's little gesture of adjusting his pink necktie, although it was intentionally loose.)
[/INDENT]

He did this at AWG too :laugh: I want someone to gif it so badly, but my own making skills are...lacking.

Thanks for all the great links ice coverage! :yay:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Great photo, Arriba627!

I'm guessing that there won't be any surprise Gardena this year, because Brendan posted a photo on his Instagram story about his "off-season meal" - a burger and what looked suspiciously like sweet potato fries.

I guess he'll be wanting to get ready for the Olympic season ASAP. I hope they keep the SP, actually. It's perfect for him in an Olympic season, well packaged and well-choreographed and well-suited to every facet of his skating, and it might make it easier to, perhaps, integrate the second quad? I liked the Pirate but maybe a new FS is in the works? I don't know. Just no French Waiter, please :yes:

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Great photo, Arriba627I guess he'll be wanting to get ready for the Olympic season ASAP. I hope they keep the SP, actually. It's perfect for him in an Olympic season, well packaged and well-choreographed and well-suited to every facet of his skating, and it might make it easier to, perhaps, integrate the second quad?

We asked Brendan that very question in the mixed zone at Worlds. Sadly, he and his team are creating two new programs for next season.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We asked Brendan that very question in the mixed zone at Worlds. Sadly, he and his team are creating two new programs for next season.

Oh. Well, that's a minor bummer.

Still, now we get to speculate the other way! WHAT WILL HE SKATE TO NEXT?! :laugh:

Also we can do the GP speculation! There's a good chance he could get two! It's so exciting!

beki

Medalist
Brendan was charming to watch in Helsinki. What a smile! My sister and I were worried about that shirt lace hanging loose during his FS, but he coped with it well. He was noticeably slower in his free than his short, so I agree conditioning is going to be crucial for him next year.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Brendan had the same costume problem at Sk Amer, so I was hoping he would have it resolved by now. But just a small, minor glitch in a great outing. He is definitely on the right track, and he's so enjoyable to watch!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He told He is planning to do "two quads in the short", "minimum 3 in the long" and "quad loop" next season.
I think he needs more physical strength to land these jumps,
I wish he will go well!!:luv17:

I love his ambition! :love:

Brendan was charming to watch in Helsinki. What a smile! My sister and I were worried about that shirt lace hanging loose during his FS, but he coped with it well. He was noticeably slower in his free than his short, so I agree conditioning is going to be crucial for him next year.

He has had some leg/foot injuries this season, so that is probably affecting his conditioning. Here's to a 100% healthy Brendan carving up the Olympic season!

^^^Brendan had the same costume problem at Sk Amer, so I was hoping he would have it resolved by now. But just a small, minor glitch in a great outing. He is definitely on the right track, and he's so enjoyable to watch!

I had thought after SkAm they had sewn it down, because it didn't happen again, but I guess not :laugh: