Costumes We Adore | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Costumes We Adore

tulosai

Record Breaker
If people could link a pic that would be great. The early posts in this thread are more entertaining because they have an easy reference for what is being mentioned and will provide interest for posterity too. :)

I think So Youn Park looked gorgeous at Skate America in the SP and in the FS.

I also noticed So Youn is packaged very well this year!!!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Anyone else think Jason and Gracie's short program outfits seem to go together: Jason's tux jacket has a red lining with added ruby sparkle on the shirt collar and lapels. Gracie's dress (lovely) is simple understated elegance black with ruby red lining. Wonder if they coordinated, i.e., Gracie as Daisy to Jason's Gatsby... I like it!!!

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
More specifically, I dreamed I created a fan fest for her amazing rainbow dress and everyone agreed with me... unlike in real life :rofl:

Well, there is a rainbow and there is a rainbow. Lets say I prefer this one:

http://goo.gl/5muLQn

Ahh Kiira please come back!

However with Kiira's unfortunate retirement her place in my fashion ratings is taken by Gracie. I adore her SP dress- oozes glamour. Thank you Gracie - not only you have an eye for fashion, you know how to wear things

Re Julia, I was glad to see that at least at SA she got rid of those bracelets over the gloves - they were something I would buy a winging 5 year old at the checkout in the supermarket to keep her quiet. Maybe the gloves and belt will go next?

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Javi's new SP costume is spectacular. I love everything about it. :clapper:

Wanted girl

Rinkside
Some of my favourite dresses:
-Elena Ilinykh's dress for Olimpics SD. It was just :love:
- most of Kiira's costumes
- Stolbova's dress for last year LP
- Domnina's for tango
- Sara Hurtado in Picasso
- Ashley has a lovely dress in SP this year (even though it's Marissa's :) )

fure

Rinkside
-Yuko Kavaguti link
-Carolina Kostner's sparkly jumpsuit link
-Yuna Kim's Kiss of Vampire. So dream-like. link
-Kiira Korpi black-white and green
-Aliona Savchenko's Pina. The dress is quite simple but the color is just lovely link
-Liza Tuktamysheva's Batwannis Beek. Really complimenting her figure. Unique and bold link
-Adelina Sotnikova's grey olympic dress link

Special mention:
-Evgeni Plushenko's 2010 SP, Aranjuez. The details. link

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hey Fure,

Thanks for posting that pic of Plusy. Look, I know Plusy's a Married Man. However........Come on, Look at that Butt!! I'm not Russian but, I'm clearly a wannabe. Here's another favorite costume of mine. Maria Butyrskaya's "Scene D'Amour" 2000 Worlds SP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVt3I4IL18s

Last edited:

Aleksey

Rinkside
In my opinion, all Maria Sotskova’s costumes of current and previous seasons are splendid!
Costume for “Breakfast at Tiffany” is so tender, underlining her grace and seeming fragility!
For “Black magic woman” is mysterious and bewitching, while her Gulietta’s costume, being laconic, doesn’t distract attention from the nerve of the program and serves to be an original prolongation of movements!
Definitely, she and her team have a good taste!

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
In my opinion, all Maria Sotskova’s costumes of current and previous seasons are splendid!
Costume for “Breakfast at Tiffany” is so tender, underlining her grace and seeming fragility!
For “Black magic woman” is mysterious and bewitching, while her Gulietta’s costume, being laconic, doesn’t distract attention from the nerve of the program and serves to be an original prolongation of movements!
Definitely, she and her team have a good taste!

Thanks for sharing these, they are lovely!

Anna Cappelini's FD dress is also gorgeous this year!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q1y-tlhPLg

alebi

Medalist

Alex D

Record Breaker
Last night, I dreamed of Julia Lipnitskaia. More specifically, I dreamed I created a fan fest for her amazing rainbow dress and everyone agreed with me... unlike in real life :rofl:

Do you have a favorite costume or two this season, or from the past? Let's gush about our favorite (and not so favorite) skaters fashion sense when they get it right!

I would only ask that people avoid bashing anyone's costumes or commenting (overly) negatively on costumes anyone else posts here... this should stay a positive thread for us to share what we like and what we think works, even if others don't agree.

To start, the dress that inspired it all :laugh2: and one of my favorite costumes this season:

http://photos.phantomkabocha.com/FigureSkating/Finlandia2015/JuliaLipnitskaia/imgpages/image016.html
http://photos.phantomkabocha.com/FigureSkating/Finlandia2015/JuliaLipnitskaia/imgpages/image021.html

I actually like all her outfits, so you are not alone there. ;) I need to give the whole thing some more thought though, to add other skaters to the list that is.