Costumes We Adore | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Costumes We Adore

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Sasha Cohen's red R&J at the olympics :luv17:
Carolina Kostner's "secret garden", 2011 SP "flamenco" , 2006 LP "winter" dress :agree2:
Yulia lipnitskaya's 2012 FS blue dress :love:
Akiko Suzuki - many of them :clap:

Last edited:

enzet

On the Ice
Mao's Sheherazade costume is in there? Pu-lease!

Some people have a bad taste even in the things they consider as ugly ... :no:

And there were more I actually really liked! For example Pogorilaya's Firebird costume. As risky as bird and fire themed costumes generally are, I found that one lovely and thought it looked good on her.

Mao's Sheherezade, although not my favorite, was hardly a disaster and was generally well received, with some fans listing it among their favorites.

I have never been a Yu-Na fan but I really loved some of her costumes. Both her Bond SP and Gershwin LP costumes might well be my all time favorites.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Do we have a thread "ugliest costumes"? :scratch2:
We need one :unsure:

LOL I asked the mods if it would me okay to create one some time ago. No one ever got back to me so I took that as I no. I agree that such a thread could definitely serve a purpose though :rofl: Some of the costumes in the past few years have taken bad to another level.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
LOL I asked the mods if it would me okay to create one some time ago. No one ever got back to me so I took that as I no. I agree that such a thread could definitely serve a purpose though :rofl: Some of the costumes in the past few years have taken bad to another level.

Kostner and Adelina comes to my mind :devil:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Various costume threads pop up in The Edge all the time, don't they :confused2: Those come and go. I don't mind talking ugly costumes, but the Fan Fest hardly seems the right place for a thread dedicated to "things I DON'T like at all"

Amei

Record Breaker
And there were more I actually really liked! For example Pogorilaya's Firebird costume. As risky as bird and fire themed costumes generally are, I found that one lovely and thought it looked good on her.

Mao's Sheherezade, although not my favorite, was hardly a disaster and was generally well received, with some fans listing it among their favorites.

I have never been a Yu-Na fan but I really loved some of her costumes. Both her Bond SP and Gershwin LP costumes might well be my all time favorites.

Some of the costumes I don't think it's necessarily because they are ugly, one of the Firebird comments is always how everyone does a fairly similar costume. Mao's Scheherazade costume is ugly to me for all the illusion fabric and gaps in the legs - it was a rare misstep to me for Mao whose costumes are normally beautiful

Sunny Little

On the Ice
The colors remind me of Kaitlyn Weaver last season FD dress. But yeah, it's pretty.

Yeah, they are pretty similar. I like Ashley's dress a little bit more though, mostly because of the rhinestones. A+ use of rhinestones imo. :thumbsup:

lappo

Final Flight
I like Nugumanova SP dress, even though (or probably because) it reminds to Gracie's last year.
Not the right place, but I hope that Tessa Virtue change her SD dress; I know it's Prince and anything but she has a very nice figure and I personally don't think that dress does her any favor.