2015 Skate Canada Ice Dance Free Dance | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Ice Dance Free Dance

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
As for the FD story,

Kaitlyn mentioned that they have gone through some difficult times as skaters (my guess the season where they won it all, except worlds) and that life looked pretty terrible then. But, quite often things are not as bad or bitter as they seem, so that they find that positive view towards the end of their program. They try to symbolize a more positive view, like "looking forward" in that final pose.

That makes sense and explains the triumphant smiling in the second part of the program. I would still get rid of the final pose though :D

And what a polite Canadian way to deal with disappointment :D :D

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Just want to point out that the Shibs FD has the exact same ending pose as WeaPo's. Only difference is Alex came out of the pose very quickly at Skate Canada.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Well, you could argue they are looking up to Heaven (at least Maia is) and not directly and expectantly at the audience. It is technically the same position but it doesn't weird me out.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Just want to point out that the Shibs FD has the exact same ending pose as WeaPo's. Only difference is Alex came out of the pose very quickly at Skate Canada.

Russian Eurosport commentators said that all three teams (Weaver/Poje, Shibutanis and Bobrova/Soloviev) had very similar ending poses. That's crazy, because Weaver/Poje and Shibutanis poses are optimistic, and Bobrova/Soloviev's are haunted and sad.

SorrySkater

On the Ice
There are a few programs from this competition that I have watched multiple times. The Shibs' FD is one of them. They've left me cold the past several seasons, but I really like their programs this season. I'm hoping they continue to do well this season. Would love to see a win at US Nationals!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sorry, very late to this thread. After watching the Sibs FD, I haven't been this excited for a US dance team since catching D/W in their very first senior national appearance. I remember thinking they could be Olympic gold medalists one dayšŸ˜Š The Shibs FD at SC had that same effect on me. Like an earlier poster, I've watched it a number of times and have been moved to tears each time. I can't say why, exactly, since I'm not that knowledgable about ice dance. It just had that "it" factor for me. It's funny, I almost erased the SC dance final on my DVR without watching it in interest of space and time, and I'm so glad I didn't! And it's not necessarily the music they chose, since I've heard this Coldplay song many times before and never had the reaction I did while watching the Sibs FD. I really hope they win US nationals!

Last edited: