2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program | Page 49 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think it'd make for a more interesting and connected performance from him!

Yes, it doesn't have to be rap and I doubt Papa Mishin would ever allow it anyway, but surely there is something he could have picked that doesn't sound like elevator music or something from a Percy Faith album that was in mothballs for 50 years, that shows he has a personality. I think his programs last season were much better for that.

Kuan

Final Flight
Vintage collegiate. Did he go to a department store and pick it out or order it from a catalog? I thought his gf was a designer. Weird choice and blue hardly seems the right color. At least leaving off the sweater would have helped some.

I think I heared they broke up. :think: But I hope he went back to Tuly for a new costume for his Chopin LP. It deserves somesting beautiful in black or dark blue...:cheer:

mrrice

Record Breaker
A modern version of the Canadian Curse?

No skater will win Gold on Canadian soil if they're either Canadian or coached by a Canadian.

Oh wait, W/P is leading :laugh:

Well, other than Jamie and David, 2001 Worlds was a Canadian Disaster. Poor Jennifer Robinson looked beautiful but skated so slowly and fell so hard on a one of her triples. Eman, popped his combo and lacked his usual spark. However, Elvis Stojko was the biggest let down for crowd and it's all everybody talked about in the food court after the SP ended.

OTH, Michelle Kwan, Irina Slutskaya, and Sarah Hughes were great. My Maria B. looked beautiful and skated a great LP but she was basically out of the medals due to her sixth place finish in the SP. I might add that Elena Liashenko skated great and wore one of the prettiest dresses I've ever seen. Silvia Fontana as well. Gorgeous!!

Last edited:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
you're equally humorous :laugh: Well put, that's exactly how I feel. I miss the old young Adam. Love his comment on the quad LOL Daisuke's English is so good, the best I ever heard from a Japanese skater. Is he born in NA? L
Love this thanks!

Daisuke Murakami spoke excellent 'American', nice and humble in his press conference 0.41m, but when he spoke of "... like Patrick I want to skate my best here, but it is unfortunate I didn't..." Laughter ensured by one particular loud lady in the background. How mortifying :eek: Good luck to him in the FS!

Adam is self deprecating, good humoured ... orange glowed, silver haired and loled at age of 25. Ripe and better than ever... 4lz failure and all. Go Ashdam family! How I miss that cherub angel face golden curled boy wonder but alas this QuickSilver gear ain't half bad for Halloween to scare the Tarot monster away. I really hope he can podium.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
you're equally humorous :laugh: Well put, that's exactly how I feel. I miss the old young Adam. Love his comment on the quad LOL Daisuke's English is so good, the best I ever heard from a Japanese skater. Is he born in NA? L

Daisuke lives there since young, not sure whether he was born there. He also skated for US before.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Brezina's image is the best ever for him. So cute, crispy and handsome. The program is well constructed but he skated it a bit wild. Need better skating skills to showcase the program, already quite enjoyable.

I just watched mens, and wow, I have to say I found Yuzu's short simply mesmerizing, mistakes notwithstanding, Patrick's short just wonderful for him- reminded me of a Kurt Browning program in style and feel (and what an opening combo!), and Adam Rippon had the performance of the night for me- I love this Queen program for him and it's a very well-choreographed program to which he brought a lot of passion and flair. Dice was good, and deserves to be in 1st, but he doesn't excite me. I just can't get behind Nam- seems like a sweet kid, but he lacks skating skills, is too slow, and just isn't pleasant to watch. Brezina did about as well as he always does- but boy is he cute! So sad for Tim Dolensky.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I think I heared they broke up. :think: But I hope he went back to Tuly for a new costume for his Chopin LP. It deserves somesting beautiful in black or dark blue...:cheer:

He does have a new outfit for his Chopin LP. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoxt8fOrtmI

I can't tell very well because of the quality of the video, but the top is white/gray/silver/gold? interspersed with sparkles. I like the back collar.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Splatrick inflation is back!

And so it begins a new season, Chan is back and the childish comments come out. It is good to see Chan and Hanyu pushing each other though I admit Hanyu has the upper hand by far imho. Hanyu is technically far more advanced and difficult as well he is mentally tougher I do appreciate Chan trying other types of music. Not just replying to SB but in general to all the posts, Who you like as a skater or as a person is all personal preference. I don't like often he stuff Chan says and I hate that he has no real coach - sorry Ms. Johnson but you don't cut it and even emotionally at time it seems like Patrick is the supporter the rock. There is something infectious about Hanyu's personality. However, I do think Hanyu often gets the benefit of the doubt from the judges and public for no real good reason. Hanyu has arguably a more friendly personality and if you like the anime or androgynous kind of personality he has that too.. But when it comes to skating you have to think both are good for the sport Why doesn't Skate Canada just do what it did years ago to Tracey wainman - pull Chan from competition unless he gets a coach and the 3A - with WAinman they didn't let her compete because she didn't have the tech goods. I know Patrick has some of course but this is ridiculous - a very talented skater in many people's minds is not reaching his full potential because of is stupidity.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
And so it begins a new season, Chan is back and the childish comments come out. It is good to see Chan and Hanyu pushing each other though I admit Hanyu has the upper hand by far imho. Hanyu is technically far more advanced and difficult as well he is mentally tougher I do appreciate Chan trying other types of music. Not just replying to SB but in general to all the posts, Who you like as a skater or as a person is all personal preference. I don't like often he stuff Chan says and I hate that he has no real coach - sorry Ms. Johnson but you don't cut it and even emotionally at time it seems like Patrick is the supporter the rock. There is something infectious about Hanyu's personality. However, I do think Hanyu often gets the benefit of the doubt from the judges and public for no real good reason. Hanyu has arguably a more friendly personality and if you like the anime or androgynous kind of personality he has that too.. But when it comes to skating you have to think both are good for the sport Why doesn't Skate Canada just do what it did years ago to Tracey wainman - pull Chan from competition unless he gets a coach and the 3A - with WAinman they didn't let her compete because she didn't have the tech goods. I know Patrick has some of course but this is ridiculous - a very talented skater in many people's minds is not reaching his full potential because of is stupidity.

I don'y think Chan was that much overscored here. I think it was good call on PCS between Chan and Hanyu. Chan had fall, and Hanyu no, so in those cases I guess Hanyu will be barely ahead on PCS of Chan, but if both go "without falls" Chan will be a little in front. Chan has for now stronger skating skills than Hanyu but in terms of the rest things it's imo more a case of taste because they both are amazing, and Hanyu ss are amazing too. They both sets bar very high in terms of skating quality

Last edited:
I can hardly wait! Hanyu is within 7 points of Chan, and Keegan Messing is within 6 points of Hanyu. Anything can happen! :yes:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But nothing compared to Inflate America ;)

Yeah, because obviously when a skater who has visibly improved and is almost clean gets moderate PCS in a rise consistent with his upwards scoring trajectory for those programs, it's a total scandal, but when two skaters who had programs riddled with errors get ridiculously high PCS, that's perfectly fine. :palmf:

Rissa

Record Breaker
But nothing compared to Inflate America ;)

Lol, this is so true. SA was ridiculous in that regard. Home inflation at SC was perfectly reasonable by comparison, and Nam didn't seem to have been given much preferrential treatment at all. If anything there was some underscoring (Daisuke, Shibs, Kanako).