2015 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program

LRK

Record Breaker
Not sure, saw some tweets that said she fell on a jump during practice and was helped off the ice in pain??? :hopelessness:

Oh, no! I hope nothing is really wrong with her - it would be just the most awful bad luck else... just as she was coming back from injury, too. Hoping for the best. Stay well, Kaetlyn.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh, no! I hope nothing is really wrong with her - it would be just the most awful bad luck else... just as she was coming back from injury, too. Hoping for the best. Stay well, Kaetlyn.

She really has had awful luck regarding injuries, especially considering she's still only 19 :frown:

mustafakent

On the Ice
What..............is that...........dialogue? I thought left something playing in the background and was :shocked: when I realized its part of her music. :confused:

So she's planning a 3F3T combo?
Music will sound better at broadcast tomorrow and talking parts won't be as distractive as it is now.

Thanks! I'm pleasantly surprised by this program so far and can't wait to see the entire thing. She's definitely upped her transitions game and has a difficult entrance leading into the triple flip-triple toe. Should be interesting to see how this scores for her if she skates well.
Her scores for transitions, interpretation and choreography should be around 9.00s, at least we should see solid 8's.I am sure she gets high scores for performance if she skates well.

firal

Record Breaker
Ashley's short program suits her so well! Looking forward to that.

Regarding Katelyn: I thought she was looking to be in even better shape than when I saw her last during Stars on Ice. She seems trimmer and quite fit. Yes, then she came sobbing a little holding her ankle and had to be helped off the ice by the medics. But then she returned. Hopefully it won't affect her much come competition time!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe Katelyn is just going for a few sympathy PCS points for when she comes out and slays :biggrin:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Kaetlyn just posted on Twitter: "Little shaky of a first practice here at #SCI15.. started off a strong skate then took a hard fall. My ankle hurts but it's not stopping me!"
Hopefully it won't bother her too much tomorrow.

peg

Medalist
Kaetlyn just posted on Twitter: "Little shaky of a first practice here at #SCI15.. started off a strong skate then took a hard fall. My ankle hurts but it's not stopping me!"
Hopefully it won't bother her too much tomorrow.

Hopefully it's not something that will affect her jump landings.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did Ashley keep Moulin for reasons of economy? I got more used to it as time passed, but really don't care about seeing it again. I wonder how or if using a program two years in a row affects judging. I recall Dick seemed to think it did.

Ashley said in TSL interview she needed to do a lot of shows over the summer to make money. She's one of the self-supporting skaters. That meant when she and her team sat down to plan her schedule, they saw there wasn't time to create a new LP and SP. They chose to create a new SP, which she'd then skate in some of the shows. The plan was to add transitions to the Moulin Rouge program, and other refinements as the new season progresses.

I love her Moulin Rouge program and am really looking forward to enjoying it again all season. Ashley's skate was THE skate in Greensboro in January, and it showcases her well. I imagine that it wasn't necessarily their first choice to do the same program 2 years in a row, but it's been done before. Mishketenov/Dmitriev did the same LP for two years back in the early 1990s. When Tamara Moskvina was asked why they kept that program, she fired back: "Why do you keep your husband?"