On Site Reports: Share experiences SC 2015 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports: Share experiences SC 2015

Interspectator

Record Breaker
If you are watching the practices or any of the competition in person, please feel free to share your stories with us on this thread.
Who is doing well?
Who is standing out?
What are you eating at the venue?
:popcorn:

Laurelise

On the Ice
I've been lurking at GS for years, but this is my first post. :)

At any rate, I am going to Skate Canada. I will not see the practices as I'll be driving up tomorrow morning, but I'll be there for the whole competition and the exhibition (unless the weather looks bad, in which case I'll have to head back early). It'll be the first ISU competition I get to see live. In fact, it's my first time seeing any live skating at all aside from ice dance, and I'm very excited! I'll try to post impressions.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker

At any rate, I am going to Skate Canada. I will not see the practices as I'll be driving up tomorrow morning, but I'll be there for the whole competition and the exhibition (unless the weather looks bad, in which case I'll have to head back early). It'll be the first ISU competition I get to see live. In fact, it's my first time seeing any live skating at all aside from ice dance, and I'm very excited! I'll try to post impressions.

Please do. :) Have fun! And welcome to active posting at GS!

LRK

Record Breaker

Have fun! I hope it all lives up to your expectations, and you get to see some great skating.:)

mrrice

Record Breaker
OK Look, I have always liked Ashley but I started to respect Ashley when she won her title back last season. She's beautiful and the girl knows how to deliver a program. I mean....I was feeling that program during a practice run through with no costume, no make up, and a crowd of extra skaters buzzing around. It's going to be interesting. How's Polina looking?

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
GS needs more boots on the ground in Lethbridge! It's too bad I had to cancel my trip a few weeks ago. :cry:

Scovies

Final Flight
Wow, Ashley wasn't just giving lip service to adding choreo and transitions to her FS -- she really did! I hope she can pull it off in competition, because it looks promising.

skatefan17

On the Ice
The new transitions and choreography really add such a nice dynamism to her performance! I wish she would change the dress to a jewel hued blue and it would be perfect! Feels like a different performance.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
No makeup??? She looks like she has some serious makeup. I don't get why she is doing the Kungfu hand or the "praying hands" of Buddhist Monks at the beginning. Sorry I could not bear to watch her LP last season due to the screaming vocal and the refined version does not change anything.

OK Look, I have always liked Ashley but I started to respect Ashley when she won her title back last season. She's beautiful and the girl knows how to deliver a program. I mean....I was feeling that program during a practice run through with no costume, no make up, and a crowd of extra skaters buzzing around. It's going to be interesting. How's Polina looking?