LTU
26Nathalie WEINZIERL
GER

[h=3]Short Program Starting Order[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is the competition where Mirai and Maria Artemieva may have a shot, and Serafima redeems?

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I love this start order! I'll get up early to watch the first two skaters, then I can go right back to bed. :rock:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The event begins in about 3 and a half hours. If you can function on that amount of sleep, you're the lucky one.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
You consider waking up for skaters at 8 a.m. early? :biggrin:

:laugh2: Sorry but I wondered this too... lucky you! :)

Actually, now I'm a bit cranky. This type of stuff irritates me. The world doesn't work on your specific schedule. Some people have to get their sleep on schedules that you find 'funny'. And yes, 8 AM is extremely early for me, I will have about 3 hours of sleep... tops.

Last edited:

Florentina

On the Ice
Actually, now I'm a bit cranky. This type of stuff irritates me. The world doesn't work on your specific schedule. Some people have to get their sleep on schedules that you find 'funny'. And yes, 8 AM is extremely early for me, I will have about 3 hours of sleep... tops.

I don't believe the earlier posts were directed at you in that (negative) way. More like a funny remark as to what people on here "endure" to get to see skaters live, wake up early, stay up late, skip classes, sneak in from work or whatever it be for that specific person. FWIW, I believe people should not judge others on when and how long they sleep. It's such a personal thing. It's just what your own circumstances require, what your body needs etc. For me 8AM is late, I usually get up at 5:15AM but then again I'm going to sleep at 9:30PM which many people find ridiculously early.

Sorry for being off topic. ANd good night to you! :)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I don't believe the earlier posts were directed at you in that (negative) way. More like a funny remark as to what people on here "endure" to get to see skaters live, wake up early, stay up late, skip classes, sneak in from work or whatever it be for that specific person. FWIW, I believe people should not judge others on when and how long they sleep. It's such a personal thing. It's just what your own circumstances require, what your body needs etc. For me 8AM is late, I usually get up at 5:15AM but then again I'm going to sleep at 9:30PM which many people find ridiculously early.

Really? I'm looking at the posts above and I see implications that 8 AM isn't early, and I'm lucky for being on my schedule. But if I'm reading that wrong, I'm sorry, maybe it'll make more sense after sleeping.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Really? I'm looking at the posts above and I see implications that 8 AM isn't early, and I'm lucky for being on my schedule. But if I'm reading that wrong, I'm sorry, maybe it'll make more sense after sleeping.

I've had people wonder why I wasn't awake at 6am on a public holiday on threads here before. (I think 8am is early too. There's a reason I refuse to skate before 9am!) It can be hard to tell what is joking (especially when short on sleep), but I do think Mrs P's post was supposed to be light-hearted. :) And I know everyone on GS appreciates the work that you do to bring us wonderful skating videos :yes:

I hope you have a good sleep, sabinfire :)

NaVi

Medalist
It's going to be interesting to see what jump combos Serafima does in her SP... she didn't have a good outing even her her SP at her last Russian event...

-----

She did 3S+3T, 3F-fall, 2A... rippon on the 3S and 3F and tano on the 3T... she was ok but still a little off on energy(she did have to skate first).

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
It's going to be interesting to see what jump combos Serafima does in her SP... she didn't have a good outing even her her SP at her last Russian event...

Too bad about her fall... I think maybe she should stop with the tanos until she gets the jumps in general back under control... I think puberty is really messing with some of her jumps.

The rest of the program was fun and lovely though!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Argh Maria breaks my heart every time... beautiful program then a silly fall on the 2A of all things...

Florentina

On the Ice
Too bad about her fall... I think maybe she should stop with the tanos until she gets the jumps in general back under control... I think puberty is really messing with some of her jumps.

The rest of the program was fun and lovely though!

It may be that she has even more trouble landing those jumps without tano/rippon since she seems so used to doing them that way. But I agree the program is lovely, she can really perform.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Aw man, I was just teasing. :( (I was hoping the smiley face emoji have made that obvious.)

Certainly I don't expect everyone to be on a certain schedule. And really I am also jealous, in a good natured way, since ya know I haven't been able to sleep in until 8 since Baby P was born! :laugh:

Last edited: