2015 IceChallenge Ladies SP and FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 IceChallenge Ladies SP and FS

kalle

On the Ice
Mirai looked tight out there so I am not surprised by the UR's this time around. I thought she looked sharper in the Nebelhorn competition.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FIVE URs. Looks like nothing has changed. 111 is a little better FS score than what Mirai got in the GP last year (108-109) but the lowest winning FS score in the GP last year was 118 at COR, and the rest were over 120.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm really happy that Mirai won....it should help her confidence quite a bit. It is disappointing to see all the underrotation calls!

DobriFan, I'm glad you aren't blind!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
So, Sima's struggles continue. Only 2 falls. Looks like she was creeping into those jumps at the speed of molasses. :disapp: Still beautiful as ever!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aw, karne will be sorry she missed this.

Yes but what a nice thing to wake up to!

Jason have very lovely things to say about Kailani CRAINE. It is interesting to hear insights from skaters I must say. Hope they keep doing this sort of interviews wtih different skaters in between down times.

*squeal* Are you telling me that not only do I get to watch another great FS from Kailani but IT HAS JASON COMMENTARY TOO?! Is it Christmas?!

*runs off to find video*

EDIT: Awwww, he really had a little love-fest over the Australian ladies! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, Sima's struggles continue. Only 2 falls. Looks like she was creeping into those jumps at the speed of molasses. :disapp: Still beautiful as ever!

I hope the 1st jump Rukavitsyn works on is her 2a. Her approach and speed going into it is painful to watch :disapp:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
*squeal* Are you telling me that not only do I get to watch another great FS from Kailani but IT HAS JASON COMMENTARY TOO?! Is it Christmas?!

*runs off to find video*

EDIT: Awwww, he really had a little love-fest over the Australian ladies! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Kailani was pretty good! She got 'e' calls for her Lutzes, which was wrong and strange. The underrotation calls were really whacky too. Didn't get called on the half loop combo, but got < on the first lutz and << on the second, which was overly harsh I think. Ah well.