Keegan Messing | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Keegan Messing

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
My thoughts about Keegan's COC LP:

MUCH improved from SA, plus no sad tears at the end. I don't have the same visceral reaction to this program that I do to the SP, but I do enjoy it. His quads were okay but pitched forward. 3A combo was nice, but what a shame on the second 3A. I LOVE the running edge Keegan has when he lands his jumps!!! Especially on the 3Lz. His 3Lz today was a a BEAUTY!!! :love: I think the best aspects of this program are the StSeq, ChSeq, and the spins to end it. His spread eagle is amazing and the audience really reacted to it. His fast spins really go well with the music. There are skaters who spin slow to this style of music and it is rather jarring. Keegan doesn't have that issue. He finished 4th, so no GPF, but now he has a while to prepare for Nationals. I hope his jumps go better at Nationals (ideally, two clean programs).

Keegan had a big smile in his ending pose. Then he dropped to his knees and tapped the ice before his bows. In the K&C, he thanked everyone back home for all their support and gave Nam another reminder about the hat. "Nam, you're my favorite competitor, and I need the hat back, buddy." Gosh, I wish both of them could go to Worlds this year. :eek:hwell:

The best news is, he made it to the gala again!!! So, we get to see another Ex from him. :yay: I can't watch tomorrow, so hopefully I can still see it by the time I'm free. :pray:

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
Earlier today, I was not as enthusiastic about this LP. Now, having read a beautiful post by skylark in the COC Day 2 thread in The Edge, I watched the LP again, with those words in mind. It took multiple viewings for me to "get" this program. I appreciate it more now. There's subtleties like the way Keegan moves his head on the first note, the conviction in his eyes. I looked for more details in the program and I found them. Even his way of gliding goes with the music, smooth and yet sharp. I like the way he uses his arms, and it's subtle enough that if you look away you'll miss it. Favorite moment: long spread eagle into hydro blade, and of course the spins. Isn't it interesting that some programs we fall in love with from the first viewing and other programs it takes multiple viewings? "November Rain" is the latter for me, but my opinion is already changing.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
That gala! Just can’t express how much my heart goes out to Messing this year with every skate.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
How long has Keegan been able to do a backflip? I haven't seen his previous Exs, so I didn't know that he could do a backflip. It was quite effective in "Here I Am," I must say. I am SO looking forward to every new Ex from Keegan now! :biggrin:

He's been doing them so long I couldn't tell you what year he started. It wouldn't surprise me if he'd been doing them from very early on in his learning to skate. :laugh:

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
He's been doing them so long I couldn't tell you what year he started. It wouldn't surprise me if he'd been doing them from very early on in his learning to skate. :laugh:
With his personality, I don't doubt that for a second. :) He is a crowd-pleasing daredevil. :yes:

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
If anyone found videos of his CoC skates and exhibition, please, post!
I found links, but I think they're all geoblocked in Canada and the US. I set my VPN to Germany and I can watch them. Do you have a VPN? I can try to download them with the VPN running, but for some videos that doesn't work. I can't believe we've come to this. Online videos were fine for over a decade and now suddenly things are geoblocked/copyrighted. :disapp: :(

ETA: Just this afternoon, siberia82 posted download links for the IdF ISU streams, so I hope COC will eventually get posted too. Then it's a matter of trimming the video down to just Keegan or whoever. I'll keep an eye on the "Effects of ISU's Media Deal" thread.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Skate Canada uploaded an amusing video earlier today of Keegan and Nam playing a "Dad Jokes" game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykdK6yEeJBk

ETA: Just this afternoon, siberia82 posted download links for the IdF ISU streams, so I hope COC will eventually get posted too. Then it's a matter of trimming the video down to just Keegan or whoever. I'll keep an eye on the "Effects of ISU's Media Deal" thread.

Thanks for noticing my links. :) Keegan's performances appears in these files:

CoC Men SP Group 2: https://1fichier.com/?gq7y0a9ptkbw59255b5e

CoC Men LP Group 2: https://1fichier.com/?x8cthx3kfk0bykh4ubok

CoC Exhibition Gala Part 1: https://1fichier.com/?r4hu0huvla0c4j61ndi9

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is very unfortunate. My VPN used to be a nice extra just in case I wanted to watch geoblocked content. This season it has become a necessity. I was able to download Keegan's SP (and the Ex) though, so here you go.

SP (1080p) - the picture quality is a bit odd for my taste, especially when Keegan is spinning
SP (720p) - my preference
Ex - I cut out the card trick weirdness

I found a fancam of the Ex also, which works normally on YouTube.

This is so incredibly kind of you. I do not know anything about drop box. I can open the file and watch but I don’t know how to save it. Can you help?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello fellow Keegan lovers! I have been searching for the perfect stuffie for Keegan for ages and this morning one of my dear Golden Skate friends emailed me and told me she had found it. We have nicknamed it “bethekeegan.” I am sure at least some of you will agree. I am hoping someone who is going to Canadian Nationals (and hopefully close to the arena as this is a very large stuffie) will agree to throw this in my stead. I am unlikely to ever see him skate in person, unless something crazy happens like they have Skate America in St Louis and he’s assigned to it, but I can’t chance the remote possibility of that happening. If anyone is willing to do this for me my friend will mail bethekeegan directly to you, and if you ever happen to be in rural Missouri or I meet you at a skating comp I will buy you dinner. He must have this “small” token of my appreciation. Here is the stuffie - cat is for scale.

https://twitter.com/riverofchange/status/1196243545381916673?s=21

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hello fellow Keegan lovers! I have been searching for the perfect stuffie for Keegan for ages and this morning one of my dear Golden Skate friends emailed me and told me she had found it. We have nicknamed it “bethekeegan.” I am sure at least some of you will agree. I am hoping someone who is going to Canadian Nationals (and hopefully close to the arena as this is a very large stuffie) will agree to throw this in my stead. I am unlikely to ever see him skate in person, unless something crazy happens like they have Skate America in St Louis and he’s assigned to it, but I can’t chance the remote possibility of that happening. If anyone is willing to do this for me my friend will mail bethekeegan directly to you, and if you ever happen to be in rural Missouri or I meet you at a skating comp I will buy you dinner. He must have this “small” token of my appreciation. Here is the stuffie - cat is for scale.

https://twitter.com/riverofchange/status/1196243545381916673?s=21

That is adorable!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is adorable!

I know!!! But I can’t throw it from Missouri to Canada. If I had such an ability I’d probably be able to afford to go to Canadian Nationals. When are Canadian Nationals anyway?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know!!! But I can’t throw it from Missouri to Canada. If I had such an ability I’d probably be able to afford to go to Canadian Nationals. When are Canadian Nationals anyway?

Mississauga, a suburb of Toronto.

Maybe you could write to Nam at TCC and see if you could get it to him. He could then arrange a presentation. Maybe Ralph could produce it for Keegan in the Kiss and Cry?
------------------

Edited to add: Nam hasn't been at TCC for years. But he is in the Toronto area. At
Richmond Hill Training Centre
1300 Elgin Mills Rd E
Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1M5
Canada

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
@moonvine While it's true that Keegan and Nam are the best of friends and both of them are genuinely lovely people, IMHO asking a skater to do a favour for another skater doesn't seem a very polite thing to do, unless you know them personally and the skater you are asking knows that you appreciate him just as much.
I found a contact info of Ralph, it maybe mostly for a professional use, but if you explain well of your desperate situation he might give it a consideration and respond to you! (sometimes they do in fact!)
From Ralph's official page - contact

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
This is so incredibly kind of you. I do not know anything about drop box. I can open the file and watch but I don’t know how to save it. Can you help?
Click on the downward-facing arrow and then "direct download." It's on the top right of the screen, next to the "sign in" button. The button used to say "Download," which is much more intuitive than a small arrow. Oh well. I hope that helps.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Keegan posted on Instagram about the recent snowfall in Anchorage (they have more than Kenai does for now which I'm extremely sad about!) he spent time with his brother's children. They built a snowman and went sledding.