Junhwan Cha | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

MiRé

Match Penalty
Cha was soooooo cute during kiss and cry!!!! Now he's becoming a "man." I hope he isn't too stressed about acne though

s_parks

Record Breaker
Cha was soooooo cute during kiss and cry!!!! Now he's becoming a "man." I hope he isn't too stressed about acne though

I for one, can totally relate to him on that level. My skin was quite tragic at his age. :drama: He is faring better than I did at 14. :p

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@silverfoxes Cha Jun Hwan's familiy name is Cha, given name is Jun Hwan, I saw you refer him as Cha jun at other thread. just to make sure that you know this. since commentators pronounce his name the Asian way yet they refer Yuna as Yuna Kim the western way. that must make you confused.
Anyways, refer Cha Jun Hwan "Jun Hwan" or sometimes "Jun" for short are lovely ways.
I refer him BB CJH (which means baby Cha Jun Hwan) for now:p

s_parks

Record Breaker
Good job today! I can't understand the ur on the 3a- looked at it several times. Anyways, the performance quality was much better, enjoyed it a lot. Good luck in the free.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yay for two wins! He's a real competitor. Actually liked his interpretation of the free here better, even if he was technically superior in japan.

s_parks

Record Breaker
So apparently jun hwan had an injury on his right leg before the competition... :slink:
Wish he didn't have to be at the ranking competition next week. I'd prefer he not do the quad there, save a bit of risk of aggravating the injury.

s_parks

Record Breaker

MiRé

Match Penalty
According to this article, Cha's been doing some(?) 4Lo attempts during practices. He said he wants to land that jump, but doesn't want to injure himself. He'll focus on skating a clean program

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Translation of Junhwan`s interview with Korean news after Dresden! This can be rough becuz of my translation skills.:p

Q. How do you feel about getting two golds in a row at JGPs?
A. I`m satisfied that I can manage to it even though I had an injury at my right feet. Don`t know about my current conditions.

Q. We heard that there was a problem at ice rink`s condition in Germany. How was it?
A. Potholes have been made here and there at the rink. I made mistake at 4S when I got caught at potholes.

Q. Can you tell us more specifically about your injury?
A. I have injuries at right ankle and hip joint.

Q. How do you feel about to be called as `a male Yuna Kim`?
A. Honestly, I don`t know yet. (smile) I`m not at that stage yet. My goal now is to do perfect what I prepare, with no mistakes in all of my competitions.

Q. You have good prospects at 2018 olympics. What is your goal at olympics?
A. If I can go to Pyeongchang, I want to do perfect performance with no mistakes. But the olympic is so far for me, yet. Now I just want to concentrate on JGP finals. This is important to me now.

Q. Current days, Japan`s Hanyu Yuzuru is great at men`s figure skating. How do you think about him?
A. He is senior, and I`m junior. It`s hard to compare.

Q. You qualify JGP finals. What`s your goal at this event?
A. I think opportunity will come to me if I have two clean skates there, with no nervous. Do clean programs is my goal at final.

Q. You were a child actor. Do you think this helped you while doing figure skating?
A. Honestly I don`t know. (smile) But now I`m a figure skater and I just want to focus on that.

Q. We`ve heard about you practicing 4S and 4Lo.
A. I have tried 4Lo. I`m willing to do that one day, but now it`s more important to not get injured.

Q. There will be Ranking Competition from 14th of this month. Do you have any burden of that?
A. Of course I feel burden. And I have injuries, but I`ll do my best since this competition is very important.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thanks for translation, Hailey :thank: I kind of wish that he would WD if he has injury.... Hope he'll recover till JGPF :)

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm hoping he'll water down his content for ranking comp, but not sure if he'll do that... good that he's careful about injuries though, and I'm sure his team will adjust properly.

MIM

Medalist
I am so proud of June Hwan. He performed beautiful programs throughout the jgps.
So, there is jgp and JW he may go. Is he age eligible for the 4CC?

Hope he takes good care of his body and be healthy for the rest of season (career). ;)

Hailey Shin

Medalist
I am so proud of June Hwan. He performed beautiful programs throughout the jgps.
So, there is jgp and JW he may go. Is he age eligible for the 4CC?

Hope he takes good care of his body and be healthy for the rest of season (career). ;)

No he is not.. So he has 4 important competitions left from now on! Two domestics: Ranking competition(Oct), Nationals(Jan) and Two internationals: JGP finals(Dec), JWC(March? or April)