Junhwan Cha | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

andyjo24

Medalist
yeeesss!!! he did so good, too bad about pop (and other little mistakes that cost him like 7-8 points? :confused:) but he was awesome!! (as far as i could see from the stream :palmf: i know i should be grateful and i am! but i was kinda pissed when the guy stood in front of camera and did other stuff during Jun's performance :slink:)
and i didnt expect his PCS to be that high, gives me hope that he will be at top 10 at JW if he is clean (even higher if others make mistakes which is always a possibility) :yahoo::hap57:

Omg. I was so pissed too. I know I should be thankful, too, but if you're going to provide a service, why don't you do it professionally?

And what was so funny was that they were dead quiet when Aliev came on, and they stopped streaming, so we couldn't see Sota. :bang:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so, while we were busy with 4CC, Jun set another PB score for LP with 139,97 at Youth Olympics Team event today!!! he was clean except ur call at 3A and ! for his lutzes, i am so excited for juniors worlds and JGP next year but dont want to jinx him at the same time, we all saw what happened at JGP qualification competition :hopelessness:
btw i have a question, lets say he had another terrible competition this summer at qualification comp. , do you guys think KSU wont send him to JGP again? technically other skaters are very strong too but none of them has chance to get as high PCS as Jun right now, of course they must be working on it but still,

s_parks

Record Breaker
so, while we were busy with 4CC, Jun set another PB score for LP with 139,97 at Youth Olympics Team event today!!! he was clean except ur call at 3A and ! for his lutzes, i am so excited for juniors worlds and JGP next year but dont want to jinx him at the same time, we all saw what happened at JGP qualification competition :hopelessness:
btw i have a question, lets say he had another terrible competition this summer at qualification comp. , do you guys think KSU wont send him to JGP again? technically other skaters are very strong too but none of them has chance to get as high PCS as Jun right now, of course they must be working on it but still,

Unless he has an injury that will last until the jgp(I'm actually glad he didn't go the jgp- he still seemed injured when jr. comps rolled around), they should send him based on his international results, if they have any sense.

MiRé

Match Penalty
So I guess it's now completely safe to say his coach is Brian Orser. It's kind of weird how he's coaching another Korean skater skating to Danse Macabre.......one of the finest program he coached in 2009.... Wonder how Orse feels about that.

Anyways, I'm so glad baby Cha skated clean today!!!! :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Jun had that program last season before moving to Orser and had new SP for this season, i wonder why they went back to the old one, i wasnt sure about the new one at 1st but after watching it again (many times :biggrin:) i LOVE it! little nuances and stares he does is amazing and makes him special, i hope we can see that program again

s_parks

Record Breaker
What a great performance, and a good score considering he missed the entirety of the jgp and went quite early. I believe he's the youngest in the current top 10?

Skye

On the Ice
What a great performance, and a good score considering he missed the entirety of the jgp and went quite early. I believe he's the youngest in the current top 10?

Actually he's the youngest of the top 24! Congrats to Jun on a great debut at his very first ISU championship.

begin

Medalist
Congrats to Junhwan! Loved his performance, and he really went out there with all guns blazing. Hope to see that attack in his freeskate tomorrow :luv17:

So I guess it's now completely safe to say his coach is Brian Orser. It's kind of weird how he's coaching another Korean skater skating to Danse Macabre.......one of the finest program he coached in 2009.... Wonder how Orse feels about that.

Anyways, I'm so glad baby Cha skated clean today!!!! :)

Judging Orser's reaction today, I'd say he's really excited to coach the boy. He spoke about him briefly in an interview and was really appreciative of Junhwan's artistry.

I, for one, am interested to see how they'll work on his technical weaknesses. Junhwan's 3A really needs to be fixed soon and I hope Mr. Triple Axel himself is up to the task!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I hope that KSU has enough sense to send him to JGP next season regardles how he will fare in domestic competition. They need to give him more credit as he needs to gain experience and also more recognition ;)

liv

Record Breaker
Has he always had that technique on the axel? Justvwondering because he kind of stalks it , sort of like Nam does.