Junhwan Cha | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

s_parks

Record Breaker
Proud of how he did on his first jr. worlds! Go work on that lutz. It's interesting, he got edge calls on his flip in previous seasons, and lutzes were called clean. It seems he start flutzing while trying to fix his flip edge, lol. Not too worried about it considering his age, and you know the coaches won't let that be. On the very bright side, he had both 3As fully rotated and clean!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
proud of him too!! the way he moves is so noble on the ice with that program! :luv17: i didnt expect 70+ PCS too but judges actually went with him :yahoo: if he is getting these scores now i cant wait to see whats to come :hap57:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
fabulous performance from BB Jun again!!!, really nice spring on 3A and -3T. Whole body skating just like Yuna (of course they study under the same coaching team)!
All PCS categories are developing on the right track. Judges should go along with high PCS, cos, you just could not ignore a jewel (or a star in the making according to certain ISU translator:biggrin::eek:: watching him live). I wish i could watch BB Jun skate live one day!:eek:: I bet you, BB Jun's performance is one of the most impressive watching live in this Junior world.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Jun is an exciting addition to Team Orser. Watching him I thought I'd seen a few moves that had a hint of Yuzu in them, same body posture etc. He's only 14, something to look forward to!:party:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I watched his long program in the ice rink yesterday and he was so good! :eeking::love:His skating really reminded me of Yuna's style: nice flow of the skating and great running edges like Yuna had.
I wanted to throw him a flower after he finished but there was a fence between the seats and the rink and I was worried that I won't be able to throw it on the ice - so then I ran to the k&c area and I wanted to throw it down to him but Junhwan and Orser couldn't hear me as I shouted. :(

Esopian

Final Flight
There's so many youngsters to watch out for and Junhwan is one of them! :agree: Can't wait to see how he develops later on!

Pika

Final Flight
Jun has earned a new fan! I had never seen him but he caught my attention with his FP. I admit I started like "Oh no, another swan lake?" but I ended up being captivated! He has so much qualities and a huge potential. Plus he's in good hands with Orser, no doubt he has a bright future!! Everyone should follow him closely. :agree:

s_parks

Record Breaker
hmmm

looks like the Olympic spot is within his reach....

Agree. Quite honestly, Jinseo and Junehyoung aren't delivering in senior intl comp, and Junhwan is catching up with their tech content. Not to mention the pcs he already got at jr worlds(when he wasn't even at jgp) is quite telling, as well as his consistency.

ginsengtea

Rinkside
So much potential and I love how aware he his of his own music. If he can get the jumps he'll certainly be a star. Korea's been needing one after Yuna and I think he could be the real deal.

Sam L

Medalist
So much potential and I love how aware he his of his own music. If he can get the jumps he'll certainly be a star. Korea's been needing one after Yuna and I think he could be the real deal.

That's exactly what I was thinking too regarding his musical awareness.

Rissa

Record Breaker
I'm thinking he could become my Hanyu 2.0 once the original one retires... Love the way he moves, and the fact that he studies partially under Orser bodes well for his career.

Upnights

On the Ice
I 1st saw him at Autumn Classic & immediately became a fan. He's got conviction, speed & musicality. He's definitely got star potential.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I saw him live at JWCH Debrecen. I became a fan and many other persons in the Arena.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I dont know how long he'll be skating. I don't quite remember where, but it was reported that he wants to be a choreographer in the future. Not 100% sure though. Regardless, I enjoy his skating :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Choreographer in "the near future"? At 14? :rofl:

I admit I didn't really understand the hype for awhile, but now that he's been with Brian awhile & after seeing him at the Youth Olympics & Junior Worlds, I'm impressed. But I hope he develops his own style rather than just being Hanyu 2.0.

andyjo24

Medalist
Jun Hwan is super! :eeking:

He entered 2016 Junior Worlds without having had any exposure during the JGP circuit. Yet the judges are already giving him PCS at the level of the top contenders and deservedly so.

His general speed is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, out of the men at Junior Worlds, and his skating skills are excellent. He has difficult transitions (the transitions into and out of his triple flip is just mind-boggling :shocked:). His artistry is very refined as well (It's hard to believe that a 14-year old can skate that maturely).

He's a tad weak on the technical side due to his lutz issues (The lutz is almost on the outside edge, so I definitely think he will fully fix it during this summer, especially under Brian Orser's tutelage) and his telegraphing on the triple axel, but my, the improvement on his 3A is tremendous. The jump itself is beautiful; he just needs to shorten the setup time.

Jun Hwan, along with Eun Soo Lim and Ye Lim Kim on the ladies side, are Korean skaters to look out for in the next JGP season. People are assuming that the Russians and Japanese will take over everything next season, but they will be shocked to discover that they're wrong. The Korean babies are coming! ;)

blackey

On the Ice
He reminds me of 14-year-old yuzu, these days we really see many young kids with great technics, but very rare we can see them skating with this feeling and emotions, especially for boys.