Junhwan Cha | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Poor Junhwan has to skate next week against Hanyu, Kolyada, and the eternal Boyangman :eek: He did great at SC, let's hope he can keep it up!! :agree:

to go to the GPF how he should do? should he win? or a fourth place may help him? Hoping for a podium place but its kinda hard

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
to go to the GPF how he should do? should he win? or a fourth place may help him? Hoping for a podium place but its kinda hard

A win in Helsinki would help him but it's unlikely because of Hanyu, Boyang, and Kolyada

nervosa

On the Ice

To qualify, probably 2nd or 3rd might do it. This shows the qualification standings to GPF this year, if you look here you can see at minimum you need about 22-24 points. If Jun got 4th, if someone withdrew he might get in. So he has some chance to get in, but it'll probably be hard.

so if he doesnt place he may miss the final? or he has to wait and see if he did better than the rest?

I know he will put his everything for this. And he will do amazing. Rooting for a clean short and free program:yahoo:

eta: I already read the answer Thank you!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker

Helsinki is going to be a bloodbath.

Jun could podium, though. Keep in mind that if a programme has a fall or “serious error,” PCS is now capped — <9.50 in SS, TR, and CO, and <9.0 in PE and IE. The theoretical max values for a skate with a fall are 44.75 (SP) and 89.5 (FS). Jun isn’t getting close to those values on a clean skate, it seems, so the caps won’t likely lower his PCS even in the event of an error. Boyang has historically received lower-than-deserved marks in PCS (not in every component, but enough of them to be... odd), whereas Hanyu and Kolyada can post very high numbers if clean. If they aren’t clean, however... it’ll depend on GOEs and how much of hit they take in TES for a given error, but if the free skate is an utter splatfest, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Jun make the podium. No more making up your TES in PCS — and PCS seems to be lower overall so far this season, with the exception of Chen’s free at Skate Canada. Whether it’s low because many of the guys we expect to post huge numbers haven’t had a clean skate at a GP event yet or whether PCS really has come down a bit from last season’s values... I don’t know yet, but no more 95+ PCS for a free skate with a fall.

firal

Record Breaker
Yeah when the GP assignment first came out I was like, he got the tough end of the deal! But then they knew it and had time to prep for it already.

Congrats for a podium finish!!

Kara

Final Flight
I nearly fainted at the fall on the 4T but he managed to perform so well on the rest of the program. Congrats on a GP medal!!! I’m so so so proud and happy for him. Helsinki is a blood bath but there’s no need to feel pressure.:) I just want him to have fun and stay injury free.

Also lmao at Yuzu. It’s obvious they have a good relationship so I’m happy he’s giving Jun advice like this. But let his mom be happy!😂

s_parks

Record Breaker
Helsinki will be crazy but fun. It may be better since he won't have pressure to medal with Hanyu, Jin, and Kolyada also there.

MajaHled

Rinkside
I'm so excited for next week, since I'm going to Helsinki, I hope Jun has two clean skates :D It's a bit shitty Jun got the toughest second GP he could, but a part of me is also happy since I'll get to see him there.

breadstal

Record Breaker
His exhibition is to Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holding Me Back, I love this song, it suits him a lot :love:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case anyone was interested, here's my 1080p fancam of his SCI SP Thursday afternoon practice (sorry for the wait, but the competition and the crazy-long commute left me exhausted each night)---I sat in the second row from the boards: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wc0i0