Junhwan Cha | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
He's young, he should try different styles! Personally, I liked it :) And how sweet that Brian was with him :hap10:

you are right, i am changing my mind already after watching it 2nd time, i just didnt like middle section after his sit spin that much and ending pose (why Yuzu's R&J 2 pose, why?!) but i am just nitpicking :laugh: and he lost many points with UR on 3T and level 1 on his sit spin but still got 74 points!

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
you are right, i am changing my mind already after watching it 2nd time, i just didnt like middle section after his sit spin that much and ending pose (why Yuzu's R&J 2 pose, why?!) but i am just nitpicking :laugh: and he lost many points with UR on 3T and level 1 on his sit spin but still got 74 points!

Is that me or he flutzed as well? :scratch2:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Glad you changed your mind :biggrin: And the score is very impressive, I can imagine what he would get if skated clean! Hope he will in the main competitions ;)

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
he sometimes does but this one looked ok to me :think:

Just slow mo. and screenshoted , yeh he flutzed . I wish they fixed his axel tho, the take of is almost the same as Nam's. On the other hand loop was great.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Glad you changed your mind :biggrin: And the score is very impressive, I can imagine what he would get if skated clean! Hope he will in the main competitions ;)

i knew i would :laugh: i wonder if he will attempt quad at LP :think: not that he needs it for this competition

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
i knew i would :laugh: i wonder if he will attempt quad at LP :think: not that he needs it for this competition

He really don't need, but maybe he will to test it out? :scratch3:

s_parks

Record Breaker
While i don't really love his sp, it's good that he's trying different styles. That was pretty good for early in the season! His lutz edge looked fine here, but i don't know how it looked from where the judges were sitting. And darn those -3t urs... :p Pretty surprised orser came, as it's only a national comp and he's not exactly up against competition like you'd see in japan. But i guess jun hwan's test skates for his first jgp is pretty important? haha. Can't wait to see what his lp is.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
I thought his 3a looked a bit better than last year... and much better than Nam's. Nam has a much longer and slower build up towards the take off. I am not sold on that program, but it is only july..... lots of time to own it.

gourry

Final Flight
:clap: I see a bit of Jeremy Abbott quality in him which is a very good thing! I wish him to grow as an artist like Jeremy, of course with a better competitive nerve. :p
I like this program too. Something different and still a bit new, but I think he will own it by the time the season starts.
Very looking forward to see his LP! Does anyone know what his LP program music is?

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congrats on winning! by 45 pts, lol. But yay for 2 jgps. And I think this is the first time he did a successful 3a in combination? Some URs, but definitely not bad for this early in the season. Orser so enthusiastic as always. :laugh:
eta: I thought some of the calls were a bit strict, but then again, I'm not an expert and he is prone to URs early in the season...Anyways, it's a good thing korea is strict on edges/rotation calls.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Congrats on winning! by 45 pts, lol. But yay for 2 jgps. And I think this is the first time he did a successful 3a in combination? Some URs, but definitely not bad for this early in the season. Orser so enthusiastic as always. :laugh:
eta: I thought some of the calls were a bit strict, but then again, I'm not an expert and he is prone to URs early in the season...Anyways, it's a good thing korea is strict on edges/rotation calls.

here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYaaMWmYHh0

i thought < for the 3T was generous, it seemed << to me :biggrin: ahh i remember the sadness i felt last year, glad he is doing good even its still summer, hope he will stay ijury free
i like the program a lot and it will only get better!! i am curious which event they will send him, he has a shot at making JGPF depending on field

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I wish he was sent to JGP France. In that field he has big chances to podium (unless there will be changes, which is very possible).

s_parks

Record Breaker
here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYaaMWmYHh0

i thought < for the 3T was generous, it seemed << to me :biggrin: ahh i remember the sadness i felt last year, glad he is doing good even its still summer, hope he will stay ijury free
i like the program a lot and it will only get better!! i am curious which event they will send him, he has a shot at making JGPF depending on field

No, I'm not talking about the 3t- that was definitely short, no question. i meant the solo 3a specifically. Honestly, it was sadder that he got injured, not so much that he didn't go to the jgp(that too, but i think he was in no shape to compete at that time anyways.).

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
His interview after the sp. His goal this season is to include a quad [sal], but he also wants to skate clean performances at the jgp and other big international events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5aWh5ER4ag
Orser with the press after the short:
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/07/26/0200000000AEN20160726011400315.html
He's 171 cm now! And wow, the progress he's made on the quads... of course, it'll take time to get consistent with them in competition.

WOW! At JWCH he was so little and thin...

s_parks

Record Breaker
So I did a little searching on naver, and it looks like jun hwan's programs were done by wilson this year. I found the info on dcgallery but the info seems legit. (quick PSA: please save your eyes and time and DO NOT visit/read the figure skating dcgallery. If you don't know what I'm talking about, all the better. It's one of the deepest and smelliest armpits of online figure skating forums. Honestly just a collection of trolls and hate. About 10000 toxic posts for 1 meaningful one.)
Anyways, OT rant aside, I have to say I rather like his programs this year! The short is different for him and I'm not sure I like that one part(after the 1st spin? i don't remember...), but the stsq is really fun and it's good that he's trying new styles. I'm sure he'll perform it up to par later in the season. I really love the fs; the choreo is really gorgeous, lots of great moments. I'm rather cautious about wilson's work at times and wondered how he would choreograph for jun hwan, but it looks promising!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
So I did a little searching on naver, and it looks like jun hwan's programs were done by wilson this year. I found the info on dcgallery but the info seems legit. (quick PSA: please save your eyes and time and DO NOT visit/read the figure skating dcgallery. If you don't know what I'm talking about, all the better. It's one of the deepest and smelliest armpits of online figure skating forums. Honestly just a collection of trolls and hate. About 10000 toxic posts for 1 meaningful one.)
Anyways, OT rant aside, I have to say I rather like his programs this year! The short is different for him and I'm not sure I like that one part(after the 1st spin? i don't remember...), but the stsq is really fun and it's good that he's trying new styles. I'm sure he'll perform it up to par later in the season. I really love the fs; the choreo is really gorgeous, lots of great moments. I'm rather cautious about wilson's work at times and wondered how he would choreograph for jun hwan, but it looks promising!

i think THIS is the part you are thinking and if so i totally agree, but other than that i really enjoy his programs, i thought Wilson did the choreo but i hoped Kenji choreographed at least one of his programs :biggrin: