Junhwan Cha | Page 70 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

Imov

Medalist
Jun had a difficult time at the Free but still proud of him. He finished 6th I think overall

s_parks

Record Breaker
Proud of his fight coming to this competition in a tough condition. Love that he and his team looked unfazed in the k&c. Top priority is fully recovering and getting the darn boots to finally fit; the jumps will follow once that's taken care of.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Given how young he was, and how everyone discounted him at the start of the season, he's done great - this is a small setback, his future is looking really bright right now.

Jeonghui Han

Rinkside
https://m.sports.naver.com/general/news/read.nhn?oid=477&aid=0000161881

Omg ... according to this Korean article, Jun is going to go back to Korea to compete the 10th competition - the Winter National Sports Festival (4cc was the 9th competition) :(

This competition is going to be held on February 19th, after 12 days and after then, he's going to come back to Canada to prepare the world championship next month (It's going to be his 11th competition in this season) He still has a boot problem and couldn't take an enough rest till now.

I really do hope that Jun'll skip this competition, but seems like he can't ...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The winter sports festival is for his college portfolio, if only they accepted GPF... (sigh) I'm just proud of him for doing all this, hope he rests and takes care of those precious ankles as much as he can (and please boot companies make some boots that fit him please pretty please)

s_parks

Record Breaker
Ugh, seriously, this is what frustrates me...what's with the ridiculous standard for college admission for sports?? Like, how do GPs/GPF not count over these ridiculous competitions in Korea. I swear, as a Korean this country amazes me every day :palmf:
Oh well, the best I can hope for the rest of this season is that his injuries don't get too serious to the point he can't fully recover for them. I hope I'm just worrying too much, because I'm getting early-Yuna vibes where she overtrained/competed thanks to domestic events and lost her loop.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The winter sports festival is for his college portfolio, if only they accepted GPF... (sigh) I'm just proud of him for doing all this, hope he rests and takes care of those precious ankles as much as he can (and please boot companies make some boots that fit him please pretty please)

At this event, can be just do triples? Water down the programs?

s_parks

Record Breaker
At this event, can be just do triples? Water down the programs?

He can, and I hope he does. I think he skipped the quads for that one small event in korea back in december(the one where he only had to do an LP, not the ranking comp).

firal

Record Breaker
I am really amazed at his consistency this season, and I truly love both programs! Thanks for all the updates here.

Amef

Final Flight
Just curious.. why didn't his 3Lz - 3Lo at 4CC receive "!" or "e" when the edge takeoff looked like a wrong edge?

Imov

Medalist
I got worlds practice tickets for the main rink monday and tuesday hopefully I see him there

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://youtu.be/miZ2XsLBSh8

Winter sports festival FS, and I am honestly frustrated that he was going for two quads (he popped his 4S, and I actually sighed in relief...). For crying out loud Junhwan you could win this with only triples and 2As :dbana: Oh why doesn't that darling care for his precious ankles... :hpull:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnXlLYJi93c

... He limps when he takes his boots off, his right ankle is in serious condition. Them boots STILL don't fit... My heart breaks because I can't do a single thing for him...

And he planned to jump two quads. (bleep) (bleep) Good lord darling, it's not like as if good colleges won't accept you if you didn't jump quads at the goddamn Winter Sports Festival :dbana:

KFS needs to drop all this useless competitions (I understand this one was important thought) how they want world class skaters but burn them out? I mean is not like someone else is doing it like Jun. My heart hurts