Junhwan Cha | Page 72 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

eaglehelang

Final Flight
:scratch2:
On the wiki it says gold medal in asian games or olympic games will qualify for exemption. It would be silly if they didn't give Jun Hwan exemption especially if he medals at the Olympics.

The next Asian Winter Games will be in 2021.

Yes, that's for exemption. Jun Hwan can delay his compulsory military service until he reaches the age limit.
For other sports, they have special training center for the athletes under going military training to train. After the 2 months basic training, they can go to the training center to train, instead of the whole 21 mths do military service.
I dont think this option is available for figure skating, so Jun Hwan can only defer.
It's not easy winning Asian Games gold(Japan, China will be there) and Olympic medal.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Late to the discussion but regarding military enlistment in Korea, I’m not too worried.
Korean celebrities and singers delay their enlistment for years. Some that were born in 1991 are just beginning their service this year so I’d think Junhwan can probably go to two more Olympics.

tenna

Spectator
Jun is coming back to SK to get medical care for injury before world and I guess his boots are still problematic. Well he changed boots to new one anyway.
Wish his injury is not so severe.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Let him get all the treatment he needs, I just can't bear to see him limp again

s_parks

Record Breaker
Praying for his well being. Hope the boots are a good fit. Going to korea for treatment before worlds is a good idea; he has good resources there and it's right next to Japan.

s_parks

Record Breaker
According to Jackie Wong, he did. Ghislain was there too. I think the fans also saw Tracy.

Interestingly, the other TCC male skaters, Jason Brown & Yuzuru werent there.

Junhwan might have arrived earlier I think? He did come straight from Korea(getting treatment).

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://mobile.twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1107600308610318336

Junhwan's practice notes by Jackie Wong: 3Lz, 3A, 3S, 2S, 4S, 3T, runthru (4T(ur,2ft), 4S(fall), 3A2T, 3A(ur,fall), 3Lo), 3A / 3Lo, runthru (marked jumps), 3A(turn), 3A, 3S, 2S, 4S(fall), 2S(turn), 3Lz, 3Lz3Lo, 3F1Eu3S

That quad toe is still not 100%, but hell I'm amazed that he is actually jumping quads right now with the state of his ankles...

Imov

Medalist
He was all smiley and the crowd clapped with the his long programme's disco part on the first half.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm just glad he's in a good mood. All I want from this event is for him to be pain-free and gain good experience.

Imov

Medalist
Jun was really taming the quad toeloop today and their arguement is so cute I wish I could have taken video. But of course arena policies so had to leave it be.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
What argument? With who? And by lord do his ankles look okay??

Edit: Just adding Jackie Wong's practice notes - 3A, 3S, 4S, 3T, 4T(step), 4T(fall), runthru (4T(fall), marked S, 3Lz3Lo(ur?), 3A2T, 3A(ur?step), 3F1Eu3S, 3Lo)

s_parks

Record Breaker
He's really going for that 4T, good for him. Hopefully he can get it rotated even if he steps out or falls on it(so long as he doesn't seriously hurt himself, of course).

Imov

Medalist
What argument? With who? And by lord do his ankles look okay??

Edit: Just adding Jackie Wong's practice notes - 3A, 3S, 4S, 3T, 4T(step), 4T(fall), runthru (4T(fall), marked S, 3Lz3Lo(ur?), 3A2T, 3A(ur?step), 3F1Eu3S, 3Lo)

Not with a person but with his toeloop.
He actually stayed at one side of the rink. Fortunately to were I was sitting and tried continuously ^^
He had this irritated cute pout on every dissatisfying try. There were time he would sway his fingers every fall like calculating something.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Fourth in the fourth group, and I'm quite content with the starting order. I just want him to be healthy and happy