Junhwan Cha | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

s_parks

Record Breaker
Good luck to junhwan today! Seriously, knowing his condition(an ongoing battle for like... years now?) I have zero expectations on scores/placement and just want him to be healthy and pain-free this competition and enjoy himself.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Good luck to junhwan today! Seriously, knowing his condition(an ongoing battle for like... years now?) I have zero expectations on scores/placement and just want him to be healthy and pain-free this competition and enjoy himself.

Never mind his everlasting injuries, Korea's not going to make use of more than one spot for quite some time (as our senior men have none or extremely inconsistent 3As let alone quads) and he's written enough history for this single season. He should focus on looking after those precious ankles firsthand, at least I hope he will...

Somi

Rinkside
Hope he's not under pressure to get more than one spot for worlds next year.
Honestly speaking, there really isn't any other male skater in Korea that can be competitive enough for Worlds...
He just needs to secure one spot and that spot is gonna be his anyway. He's currently the strongest male skater Korea has and probably will be for a while.

Barbara314

Rinkside
If his federation or sponsors had taken his boot issues seriously and provided him with the equipment an elite athlete requires and deserves, he might not be having these issues at all. He had to use tape on his boots at his last international competition. That's absurd.

s_parks

Record Breaker
If his federation or sponsors had taken his boot issues seriously and provided him with the equipment an elite athlete requires and deserves, he might not be having these issues at all. He had to use tape on his boots at his last international competition. That's absurd.

It's not a matter of not having resources. Some people have a harder time with getting boots to fit, so sometimes they just go back to their old boots until they can't use them anymore.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Skater's taping their boots is extremely common.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm seriously worried about his ankles at this point, he fell on his 3A not his quad not his 3Lz-3Lo his goddamn 3A

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm seriously worried about his ankles at this point, he fell on his 3A not his quad not his 3Lz-3Lo his goddamn 3A

This... I'm seriously hoping he can fully recover and FIND SOME PROPER FITTING BOOTS for next season. I don't really care where ends up in placements at worlds since he's friggin 17, but how persistent the boot problems have been(which are causing the injuries I assume) have me worried long-term. Just please be okay, and honestly not do more than one pre-GP challenger event next season. He needs all the rest he can get because the stupid KSU can't give up on the ranking event for their higher ranked skaters.

clippers8200

On the Ice
On the no commentary version, you can hear Brian saying that he'll have to do pain management today and tomorrow...poor Jun :(

Brian also predicted a mid-to-high 80s score which sadly didn't happen

Best of luck in the free!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
I wish he didn't have to compete here, but barring something like a serious sprain or fracture, I suppose he wasn't going to miss his first senior worlds. Really hope he takes plenty of time to recover- that means not doing senior b's at all unless he's 100%. I keep repeating this but his results right now are irrelevant, it's about making sure he doesn't develop serious chronic injuries and hamper his future and health.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's over, I can breathe now, and although I love your EX Junhwan please don't skate at the gala... Just get plenty of rest and some, no, a (bleep)ing lot of treatment for those precious ankles, I just can't bear to see you tired and in pain anymore...

And just no Leo screaming ever again. No Shae-Lynn Bourne programs unless she's not on anything.

clippers8200

On the Ice
What a season and an end :( I really hope he gets rest and the boots of a lifetime.

How will his placement here affect the number of GPs he's invited to next year? I'm sure it helps that he was a GPF medalist, but will this low placement affect the number he's guaranteed?

Edit: Just looked it up and seems like he'll on be guaranteed one based off his SB, but very likely to get 2 since he has a SB in the top 24. Needless worrying hopefully!

s_parks

Record Breaker
The number of competitions he's done this season with injured ankles and ill-fitting boots is just beyond insane. Even if he's feeling "okay" next season I really hope he'll keep the comps to a minimum, for real.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Ideal: He competes in minimum competitions in good health with fitting boots

Worst case scenario: He competes in too many competitions injured and with ill-fitting boots (aka repeat this season)

So my compromise is either 1)He competes in minimum competitions when he is 100% in good health (provided the boots don't fit again...) or 2)He competes in good/okay (never bad) condition with fitting boots some numbers of competitions. Brian, TCC team, Junhwan, are you listening to me

s_parks

Record Breaker
Ideal: He competes in minimum competitions in good health with fitting boots

Worst case scenario: He competes in too many competitions injured and with ill-fitting boots (aka repeat this season)

So my compromise is either 1)He competes in minimum competitions when he is 100% in good health (provided the boots don't fit again...) or 2)He competes in good/okay (never bad) condition with fitting boots some numbers of competitions. Brian, TCC team, Junhwan, are you listening to me

Honestly if he's injured again by the time ranking comps roll around, Brian and Tracy need to pull rank and have him not compete. Imagine being so petty as to leave Jun off the national team roster like that for missing ranking comp due to injury.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
:sad21::(:sad46: is all i can say, we know how strong mentally he is so i cant imagine his situation, i am curious what would happen if he just decides f. it, i am gonna take a season off and just nevermind everything else, its frustrating for us, i wonder how he must be feeling :dbana: but in the mean time rest well baby :pray:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Honestly if he's injured again by the time ranking comps roll around, Brian and Tracy need to pull rank and have him not compete. Imagine being so petty as to leave Jun off the national team roster like that for missing ranking comp due to injury.

I hate to say it, but they are that petty... :palmf: :bang:

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I’m just happy it’s over and he’s gonna rest now (I hope).

K-fed needs to give him a bye to nationals next season, they killed his momentum after GPF. :hopelessness:

You’re a top contender now Baby Jun, please rest well and be proud of what you’ve done until here.