Junhwan Cha | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

s_parks

Record Breaker
i think THIS is the part you are thinking and if so i totally agree, but other than that i really enjoy his programs, i thought Wilson did the choreo but i hoped Kenji choreographed at least one of his programs :biggrin:

Haha, yep, that's it... partly because it's early in the season and he's not quite into all of it yet. :laugh: I love Kenji's work for jun hwan as well, so I hope he continues to choreograph something on occasion.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i think THIS is the part you are thinking and if so i totally agree, but other than that i really enjoy his programs, i thought Wilson did the choreo but i hoped Kenji choreographed at least one of his programs :biggrin:

that part BB CJH didnot got the timing right:biggrin: I like how they choreoed spins' hand move to music, e.g. the last one, reminds me of Yuzuru!:biggrin: But BB CJH's spins are not there yet.
very David Wilson. actually. I feel it very possible is a Wilson piece. I think David Wilson would really love to work with BB CJH. He has musicality to get it right, exactly Wilson wanted.

s_parks

Record Breaker
A news piece on ye lim, eun soo, and jun hwan- I thought it'd be of interest because you can see a better angle of the quad attempt(at 1:12) and it's clearer here just how short on rotation he was. It's a good attempt for 14 years old anyhow, and I'm sure he's landed a couple of good ones in practice. I hope we can see a clean one this season. :yay:
Oh, and a part of the actual interview with orser as well.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Just got to see his sp. So proud of how he skated! He's so consistent but I will never stop being nervous for my favorites. :laugh:
I totally agree with what Ted said- great body movements, choreography, but needs the performance to match the showy program. I'm glad he's being challenged with a different style for him; I can't wait to see how he improves throughout the season.
Also, that was the most effortless 3A I've seen him do. And please rotate your -3ts! I thought the tech panel was slightly generous. :p

yyyskate

Record Breaker
yes generous tech panels :p:p. his 3A near the end of the 6 min warm-up is even more effortless. Really "effortless".

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Any video??? I can'T wait it..I saw him at JWCH Debrecen. I love his skating. My pupils ( I was on the competitions with students) many of them liked him the most!

sneakers

Match Penalty
modeling, media attention and now with Orser.
yes I see finally Korea's male "Yuna Kim" of the future.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
He did a great job today, I loved his performance and he had earned the biggest GOE compared to his BV, that means a lot! Good luck with the free skate!:cheer:

sneakers

Match Penalty
wow Korea will finally focus on men's now ? they found a new shining gem.
should Yuzu be worried though ? :eeking: Jun Hwan is eligible for Pyongchang !!!

Plumededragon

Medalist
wow Korea will finally focus on men's now ? they found a new shining gem.
should Yuzu be worried though ? :eeking: Jun Hwan is eligible for Pyongchang !!!
He's still far from being of Yuzuru's level. No doubt Jun can become one of the Senior revelations for next year Olympic season (if everything goes well for him), but it will probably be by 2022 that he'll be consider as someone who could win an Olympic medal. The kid still has time.

sneakers

Match Penalty
He's still far from being of Yuzuru's level. No doubt Jun can become one of the Senior revelations for next year Olympic season (if everything goes well for him), but it will probably be by 2022 that he'll be consider as someone who could win an Olympic medal. The kid still has time.

I think Jun Hwan will go seniors next season, Korea will need a star skater to present on home ice Olympics
heck if he continues to improve alot at this pace, he might win a medal in PyongChang !!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Oh gosh, no. They're 7 years apart, lol. I'm sure the pressure will be high at the Olympics, but he'he'll still only be 16 then.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Is Jun a first Korean to win JGP event in Men? Anyway, to win in such a tough field is a big, big succes! He should be proud of himself :) Now, someone please teach him a proper 3A....

sneakers

Match Penalty
Is Jun a first Korean to win JGP event in Men? Anyway, to win in such a tough field is a big, big succes! He should be proud of himself :) Now, someone please teach him a proper 3A....

his rotation got weird on 3Axel because he grew alot this year.