Junhwan Cha | Page 80 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

angie2018

Rinkside
He wears Edea which is a popular brand pretty worn by a lot of skaters -out Yuzuru, Med, Zag etc....i heard boots take time to break into and plus he growing too so maybe that's why too.

clippers8200

On the Ice
On run through:
(4F) marked
4S <, fall
3Lz(3Lo) - only jumped 3Lz, but assuming 3Lo is tacked on
3A(2T) - only jumped 3A, but assuming 2T is tacked on
(3A) marked
3FEu3S - really nice, should get high GOE
3Lo - off camera, not sure if jumped

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lighting virtual candles and having a prayer circle of my own for the free...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Junhwan darling, I love you to pieces but please do get your white lace shirt back, that beige/cream/whatever shirt is not worthy of you and your FS's beauty. And please tell me your ankles are fine, since you landed your 4T and your 3As I think the boots aren't causing you too much trouble, you having issues with your 4S more than your 4T and your 3Lo being scratchy sends a message of 'ankle issues' and I can't have that I need you to be healthy and happy

Amef

Final Flight
I don't really think placing heavy expectations on Jun is smart. To me, he is a skater that was too overrated last year, and thus has to live up to immense pressure and unrealistic expectations that don't match his current abilities. Best not to expect too much from him. Let the boy be appreciated for who he really is, rather than painting him to be the next "big figure king" or whatever the korean media tried to portray him as last year.

Nachi

On the Ice
I have to say he fought back great! From 11th to 6th is awesome and he looked stunning. I love the "open"-back shirt and his expression. I don't hype him as a "new king" but just adore him as a great skater :).

s_parks

Record Breaker
Hoping for speedy recovery on his ankles. :pray: He could put more speed and muscle into his jumps if his ankles weren't failing him. GAH

Imov

Medalist
That open back shirt made me think he forgot to zip up.
I prefer the lace one.
He looked thinner to me, I hope despite all these pressures he continues to keep control of the situation.
He might not make it to the final, but he can still work everything up until worlds.

icetug

Medalist
If you wish Jun teach you some Korean, join He Zhang ;)

Starting with dissapointing SP, he came back in FS, but in fact he gave the best performance during the Gala. Without a pressure difficult jumps put on him he was skating just exquisitely.

His SP shirt - wasn't it the same he was wearing once last season (or two seasons ago?) at Nationals? Captivating but a bit controversial :laugh:.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So as I'm drowning in work currently (and, oh, the competition's being held in friggin' Gimhae like all the way down the country) I'm watching the ranking comp via fancams again, and what a lovely clean SP Junhwan delivered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0L9O3dJFCs

His smile after he landed his 3A (which was pretty impressive as it was on a lean) made my day, and most of all he didn't have that air of disappointment and fatigue as he finished his skate. Oh darling, you did such a wonderful job, keep yourself warm and your ankles safe :pray: I hope I get to see that kind of skate again at Nats (and 4CCs, if I manage to get tickets), too often he was disappointed with his skates the first half of the season. I want a smiling darling.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Good skate! 4s rotated but not 3-3 :laugh: Glad korean tech panel not skimping on the UR calls as usual (except for the times they just make weird calls lol)