Junhwan Cha | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

liv

Record Breaker
His program was great. What a wonderful debut. So much detail for someone so young.... I just wish he would straighten his knees more in spins... keep better line throughout. But I`m being picky... he`s young with time for working on details.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
his rotation got weird on 3Axel because he grew alot this year.

Oh, okay. I hope it gets better with time. His other jumps looked okay for me. 3A is my favourite jump, so it's hard for me to watch this technique. He's young, so hopefully he'll master 3A in the future :)

s_parks

Record Breaker
He really needs to work on his spins more, lol. He got two "V"s, not to mention the level 2 in the sp. But I'm sure he and his team are looking at that more than anyone. Maybe that's why he wasn't that thrilled in the k&c. :p
His 3a still looks way better this year, imo. Ofc he has a ways to go on it, but I have to remind myself he's barely 15 and there's a lot to work on, naturally...

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Is Jun a first Korean to win JGP event in Men? Anyway, to win in such a tough field is a big, big succes! He should be proud of himself :) Now, someone please teach him a proper 3A....

no, June Hyoung Lee won JGP France 2 years ago

back to Jun Hwan! woooooooooooow!! didnt expect that all, that is a very big score, hopefully he will get better on rotations (seems a lot better since JGP qualification already!) but most importantly spins :palmf: he is loosing valuable points there, sometimes it all goes down to little things (last week's ladies event for example),
and his (lack of) reaction at K&C was so funny, i agree with Ted, how did he look so calm :laugh:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Congrats to Jun Hwan!! :cheer: Very nice quad and I think this program is better than his SP. Spins and presentation will need work, but he has time to grow. I hope he does well at his next event too!! :clap: :cheer2:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
official JGP youtube channel uploaded BB CJH and BO's interview. Great insights about BB CJH.
I kinda feel said that, Ted has mentioned/hinted many times in those interviews that BO didnot even think about become a coach in the beginning. and look at how successful he is right now.
Yet Yuna was not even mentioned once, even when interview a skater from Korea.
It make me a bit said. No matter what happened, I hope Coach BO will always remember that, Yuna is his first student. and it is Yuna who take the initiative to start this journey. if it is not Yuna, none of this will happen.

Plumededragon

Medalist
official JGP youtube channel uploaded BB CJH and BO's interview. Great insights about BB CJH.
I kinda feel said that, Ted has mentioned/hinted many times in those interviews that BO didnot even think about become a coach in the beginning. and look at how successful he is right now.
Yet Yuna was not even mentioned once, even when interview a skater from Korea.
It make me a bit said. No matter what happened, I hope Coach BO will always remember that, Yuna is his first student. and it is Yuna who take the initiative to start this journey. if it is not Yuna, none of this will happen.
The interview is about JUN. Not Yuna. There's no reason to mention her, no matter if she was Brian's first student, if none of them talk about her. Brian never said that he forgot about her. And she is Jun's hero, Brian knows that. Don't sell him short.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I put my eye on this skater already after JOG. He impressed me there. So I can only wish him good luck in the future! And congrats all Koreans fans with this gem! :agree:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
he's like a deer caught in the headlights when he was speaking in English :laugh:
I would be like that too tbh :p

amazing job to him!

sam0987

Rinkside
I saw his both programs more than 10 times today. He reminds me YUNA Kim. So impressive and outstanding performance.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
The interview is about JUN. Not Yuna. There's no reason to mention her, no matter if she was Brian's first student, if none of them talk about her. Brian never said that he forgot about her. And she is Jun's hero, Brian knows that. Don't sell him short.
I just felt a little sad myself. This sentiment is true and heartfelt on my side and happened when I was watching CJH's interview. before, almost every promising skaters (junior or senior debutee) from Korea, Yuna is always mentioned by various commentators... If somehow, in this interview, BO mentioned a little of Yuna that a skater from Korea found him and asked him to be his coach then here goes the rest of story (which is totally relevant for this occasion and true). I will feel very appreciative. Anyways, I wont drag long on this. My good wishes is that, I hope figure skating and people will always appreciate what Yuna has done for this sports. Yuna has borne too much undeserved hatred during her career for unjustified reasons (one example is her relationship with BO).., I hope all these will disappear or fade away as time goes by. And what remains is that she is truly a gift to figure skating on various levels.
I hope I made myself clear here. I have no intention to "sell BO short" or whatever. just expressed my feeling of this 2 interviews. I have concerns that this may be picked on, but I still posted it:biggrin:
Okay, going back to BB CJH.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I just felt a little sad myself. This sentiment is true and heartfelt on my side and happened when I was watching CJH's interview. before, almost every promising skaters (junior or senior debutee) from Korea, Yuna is always mentioned by various commentators... If somehow, in this interview, BO mentioned a little of Yuna that a skater from Korea found him and asked him to be his coach then here goes the rest of story (which is totally relevant for this occasion and true). I will feel very appreciative. Anyways, I wont drag long on this. My good wishes is that, I hope figure skating and people will always appreciate what Yuna has done for this sports. Yuna has borne too much undeserved hatred during her career for unjustified reasons (one example is her relationship with BO).., I hope all these will disappear or fade away as time goes by. And what remains is that she is truly a gift to figure skating on various levels.
I hope I made myself clear here. I have no intention to "sell BO short" or whatever. just expressed my feeling of this 2 interviews. I have concerns that this may be picked on, but I still posted it:biggrin:
Okay, going back to BB CJH.
I understand your feelings, but do not worry. Yuna is part of the legendary skaters, she won't be forgotten. And she has many many fans and people who loved her skating, and won't stop calling her the Queen. Understandable. :)
But it's better to focus on Jun. He belongs to the future of Korean skating, along with other wonders like Young You (who's still not old enough to compete in Junior). No doubt Yuna's legacy will be felt, if not already via those skaters.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
He is really great
By the way it looks like BOrser has became like quad sal expert. Jun, Hanyu, Fernandez, Gogolev they all are using similar technique on it

milkyway

Rinkside
Country
South-Korea
Recently, I rewatched Yuna's kiss&cry tv program. The baby junhwan is so cute and his face remained same for the past but have grown taller.

Last edited: