Figure skating costumes | Golden Skate

Figure skating costumes

ordinary person

On the Ice
My apoligies if i post this in the wrong section but i just can't help but wonder what a lot of people said.

They say if you wear the attached leotard of your skating dress under the tights you can see the gusset and waistband of the tights. However, i didn't seem to notice anything in the link below.

How is that even possible?

Last edited:

loopy

Final Flight
That is why my daughter doesn't wear over the boot tights or even skating tights. Dance tights tend to be more sheer and fewer seams. Part of the issue is the costume too. A pro costume is usually three layers, dress fabric doubled and a liner. My off the racks costumes only have 2 layers, the custom one by Longmire (3rd hand costume lol) has three. That helps smooth things out too.

Also all skating tights are not equal. And if you have a ring around the middle from the waistband, try going up a size or a different brand. One pair of skate tights we had were so badly made the seam from the belly button to the crotch was incredibly wavy and it was so noticeable I had to run into the pro shop and buy a new pair during a competition. Since then I've just used dance. And if the costume has a sheen to it and not a lot of bling, it will show more flaws too.

Her friends wear skate tights, topped with over the boot tights so they have a seamless look too.

vlaurend

Final Flight
To me, it looks like Kanako's tights are worn UNDER the leotard. They are both black, so it might be hard to tell.