Kevin Aymoz | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Kevin Aymoz

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Beautiful photo, thank you for sharing @Merelhyn :luv17:
Our precious, emotional Kevin... I really hope he just don't think about anything, just go out there and let it rip in Turin!!!! :hap10:

aname

On the Ice
The latest IceTalk episode featured Jackie Wong and Ashley Wagner talking about Kevin and the pressure that comes with him being the first Frenchman in quite a while to have a chance at medalling at major competitions.

The segment starts around the 35 min mark: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nhk-trophy-breakdown-grand-prix-final-spots-locked/id1435989156?i=1000458011280

Tomorrow, he's going to be the first to skate (SP time schedule) and I'm already feeling nervous for him! I don't even care about placements and results, I just don't want to see a sad Kevin!

MGstyle

Medalist
The latest IceTalk episode featured Jackie Wong and Ashley Wagner talking about Kevin and the pressure that comes with him being the first Frenchman in quite a while to have a chance at medalling at major competitions.

The segment starts around the 35 min mark: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nhk-trophy-breakdown-grand-prix-final-spots-locked/id1435989156?i=1000458011280

Tomorrow, he's going to be the first to skate (SP time schedule) and I'm already feeling nervous for him! I don't even care about placements and results, I just don't want to see a sad Kevin!

That is so unfair of the French Fed/Public to put a pressure on him like this because of the achievements or non of the past skaters... this is such a glorious moment for him to enjoy to the max (I really don't think he was expecting to be there at the beginning of the season!), a unique opportunity at such a big stage. Let him just soak in the atmosphere and have fun... and probably that will give the biggest possibility for us to see him at the very best!

aname

On the Ice
(I really don't think he was expecting to be there at the beginning of the season!)
True. He's already come a long way!

This article has some nice quotes from him: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/stories/news/detail/live-practice-2019-isu-grand-prix-figure-skating-final/

"For me, it's new so I'm going to take the experience this season and just do my best. I'm just happy to be here. When I was young I never imagined I would be here."
He's starting to get used to competing with the best, and gives himself a pep talk every time he is about to perform:

"I know I'm always saying the same thing but... they're saying my name and I'm saying like, 'You are there because you love it. So go.'"
GO KEVIN! :hap10:

MGstyle

Medalist
Oh my Kevin :rock::rock::party2: That was tres fantastique!!!!! It started off with such a drama with the music fail I was :drama: oh gawd they are making him even more nervous :palmf: but oh boy did he rose to the occasion instead! I was all Silvia Fontanaing all through his performance :love: I can't be more proud of him!!!

ruga

Final Flight
That was so beautiful! Very well deserved bronze. I love his passion and dedication every time he skates and also his unique programs. Hope he goes on to win even more medals this season.

MGstyle

Medalist
Excuse my biased little mind of a stan... Kevin's bronze carries the weight, appearance and significance of a pure gold in my heart :love:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Congratulations on getting the bronze, Kevin! I knew there was something about you during 2018 ACI! I know you wanted to simply medal at Euros, but I think you should set your sights on the top step!! You'd far and away deserve it!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Kevin's reactions in the K&C really made my day. It's really nice to see someone respond so emotionally. Gets me crying every time (and I've now watched it 3 times already), and in a really good way. And the result was well-deserved. A wonderful skate, and the small fall didn't distract because he remained in the flow of his skate. Phenomenal!!!