Kevin Aymoz | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Kevin Aymoz

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved both his programs. :thumbsup:
He is seeded for the grand prix. And hopefully he will be at WTT.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Kevin was the revelation of the season for me, after seeing him in person at Skate Canada. I feel that he’s truly a skater’s skater (like one of my all-time favorites, Matt Savoie), and has an innate artistic sense of movement that wasn’t taught. When he’s able to successfully combine his ever-developing technical arsenal, which does include a decent quad, with his artistry, it’s just magical. I think he’s really turned a lot of heads this season, so despite not skating his best at Worlds, this was a very successful season for him. I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us next season!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Kevin was the revelation of the season for me, after seeing him in person at Skate Canada. I feel that he’s truly a skater’s skater (like another of my all-time favorites, Matt Savoie), and has an innate artistic sense of movement that wasn’t taught. When he’s able to successfully combine his ever-developing technical arsenal, which does include a decent quad, with his artistry, it’s just magical. I think he’s really turned a lot of heads this season, so despite not skating his best at Worlds, this was a very successful season for him. I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us next season!

I really hope he goes to ACI again. That's where I first saw/met him and he is so humble about his talents!

aname

On the Ice
Interview for Absolute Skating: Kevin Aymoz: "Skating saved my life many times"

I was hoping that he'd somehow manage to skate a clean(ish) FS to cap off this season, but poor guy must've been running on fumes at this point. Still, he really fought for that program.

Congratulations Team France for finishing in 4th, now go and get some rest! :dbana:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay thank you! Have downloaded for safekeeping... okay to pass it on to the ACI videos thread? (the youtube one being muted)

He did brilliantly!

Sure. I don't think Braulio on FSU will mind.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Snippet from post SP press release:

Second was Kevin Aymoz who had the crowd firmly on his side as he recorded a big personal best.

The Frenchman, skating to Prince's 'A Question of U', landed a quad toe loop and a triple Lutz-triple toe loop combination before just stepping out on his closing triple Axel.

But this marked a leap forward for the energetic crowd-pleaser who smashed through the 90-point barrier for the first time with 94.76.

Afterwards, the 22-year-old told reporters that he was "really happy" with his performance:

"I was so stressed because it was the first competition of the season and a new program. You're thinking if it's going to give something to people and they're going to be happy to see it so I just wanted to 'give the show' and do what I did before.

"It's really fun to skate this program and even if I do six falls - maybe not six falls - people are going to remember the program and not the falls." - Kevin Aymoz

He also admitted that he "regretted" his new bleached-blond look.

"It was the worst thing I did in the world. I tried to dye it grey. It was beautiful for three weeks, a beautiful grey, silver. And after, the colour disappeared and my hair's still blond because I bleached the hair. I can't wait until the end of the competition to cut my hair!"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Thank goodness! His hair in my avatar looks good though ;)

Finley

Record Breaker
Just stopping by to say - OMG I love his short program! His performance quality reminds me of Javi. Looking forward to this season and wishing him all the best!

aname

On the Ice
I JUST LOVE HIS SKATING SO MUCH! :luv17:

I have to admit that I didn't think Kevin could possibly top his last season's set of programs but I'm glad he proved me wrong. Very, very wrong.

I also honestly didn't expect him to skate two solid programs and land those 4toes, especially this early in the season. Wow. Just WOW.

And after spending the last season complaining about how judges don't give Kevin the PCS he deserves, to find that he now outscored Yuzuru in FS PCS... OMG WHUT?!?! (It was by tenth of a point, but still)

Is this real life?!?! :reye:

https://skatingscores.com/1920/cscan/men/long/pcs/

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Congratulations, Kevin!

I didn't get to watch his SP yet, but that FS brought a tear to my eye. It was absolutely stunning. He has that special quality that can only come from really "getting lost in the music," and I felt like I was right there with him. His gifts for musicality and performance are incredible, and I'm so glad his jumps are getting stronger and he's starting to get the PCS he deserves!