Kevin Aymoz | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Kevin Aymoz

xabia

On the Ice
Their coaches John Zimmerman & Sylvia Fontana are under the accusation of trying to cover up an alleged foul play by Morgan Cipres (harrassment to a 13 year old girl). Their careers are in jeopardy, if it's not already over... even if they are cleared, such an accusation and suspicion alone usually destroy it for them. :(

Since Kevin's less than strong point is his jumps it might be a blessing in disguise if he needs to change coach and manages to find someone who can focus on his jump technique. After all, John Zimmerman was a pair skater and Sylvia Fontana was never known to have a great jump technique. Kevin's talent is so great, and his charisma out of this world. I would hope that any change he has to make would be beneficial. He's my favourite male skater right now - and one of the few men that are able to bring me to tears of happiness after their performance.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kevin's talent is so great, and his charisma out of this world. I would hope that any change he has to make would be beneficial. He's my favourite male skater right now - and one of the few men that are able to bring me to tears of happiness after their performance.

He's one of my favorites as well, ever since I've seen his "In My Shirt" program. I don't know why, but I can see him skating a great program to the Pentatonix version of "The Sound Of Silence".

Nachi

On the Ice
Can't believe what happened there. This is so devastating for him after GP and Nats. Did anything happen before the SP? This just didn't feel like him. I'm in quite a shock.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
I want to cry...I'm just guessing the reasons but maybe the pressure of being one of the favorites got to him. And who knows how the drama with the coaches affected the training...

I hope he stands up from this and comes back strong for Worlds.

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
I'm in a state of shock right now. I went from rooting for him to win to just hoping he would qualify, seeing that he only needed 1 or 2 more points broke me, the judges couldn't help the reigning GPF Bronze Medalist out a little the way they certainly would've helped the other 2 medalists? Seeing him cry was heartbreaking.

I really hope he bounces back at Worlds, even if he doesn't podium I'd love to see him give performances he can be proud of. The second half of the season has been awful to my faves so far. :(

Wish I could be more positive but this is just too sad.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
It's been already more than an hour but I am still sitting here feeling numb, in total denial of what I have just witnessed. This can't be happening!!! :cry:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am in disbelief, but... it’s not the last competition for him. I am sure he will rally.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
The hardest lesson of them all... I hope he will be able to get himself back together for the worlds. It is not easy having the pressure of being the favorite.

The atmosphere at the rink went absolutely flat after that... My heart goes out to him!!!

E

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel sad for Kevin, couldn't enjoy the last 2 skaters, but on the other hand, this is just one event and everyone has bad days for x reasons. He'll be back!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He never gave up the performance. If you take the jumps away, he did great. I can't believe because of .82 points he is not in the free. A good free he would have climbed into the top 10. I'm so sad. :cry:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It sad that Kevin did not get to do his programs one more time at World's. I love them both and I hope he keeps one of them next season.